TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Once the trees grow in this ride will be pretty cool. This is not a record breaker, but it will be good family ride. I am a little surprised that they are adding a woodie like this when they have the Beast.

As an aside GGI is making a big come back with three roller coasters in 2017, that we know so far!

Drawing a blank... this one, the one at BGW, and ?

Once the trees grow in this ride will be pretty cool. This is not a record breaker, but it will be good family ride. I am a little surprised that they are adding a woodie like this when they have the Beast.

Behemoth --> Leviathan

Intimidator --> Fury 325

The new Cedar Fair trend. Build a similar-yet-better version of what the guests love. Almost definite success.

I will say, we have all known this was probably a GCI from the layout leak and I'm not afraid to admit I'm a bit disappointed. ONLY because I am not the biggest fan of GCI rides. Of the 5 I've ridden (LR, Wildcat, Apocalypse, Thunderhead, Gwazi) Lightning Racer was the only one I enjoyed. The rest went from tolerable to meh to never again.

That said. I actually like that stats. Some of the best woodies I've ridden hover around 100 ft and 3500 ft of track. And seeing it as more of a out and back then a twister has me excited I will enjoy this one.

Looking forward to 2017!

EDIT: After reading the press release I'm glad to see this will be a 3 train ride. I was worried with no true mid-course but it looks like the shed portion will act as a mid-course. Helping capacity!

Edited by WolfBobs

Below is KI's rendering of the Mystic Timbers. After the shed is track that is lower than the track entering the shed. I am not sure if something like this was already posted, but I'm 99% sure it's a drop track in the shed.

1839232505_MysticTimbers.thumb.jpg.d702bcebcef8b88a6aeb57e6f39b66da.jpg

I'm a little dissapointed about Mystic Timbers. Expecting something like Gold Striker, not Prowler

You're 15 so we understand.

I'm a bit disappointed, not just with NoLimits 2 animation but the coaster itself

You're 14 so we understand.

Yes, because assuming that the only reason people might be disappointed in a new roller coaster's layout is because they're teenagers is so mature.

Well, its the culmination of the reason I personally feel for younger people to be disappointed. At that age I wanted "bigger faster" but as I got older I learned that some of the best coasters I would consider the best, would have not been considered the best when I was their age. At that age, its kinda hard to appreciate some coasters that that age group takes for granted.

Easy, I'm a bit disappointed as well. KI has a massive collection of low to mid range thrill rides, and I really thought that this ride and location was going to be used for something special. Sure Banshee and Diamondback are newer, but their other thrill coasters (FoF, Firehawk, Invertigo, Vortex, Bat) are all old and busted. Who came up with Mystic Timbers? Really? Ugh.. the name of the coaster leaves me thinking WTF. I'm sure it'll be a fun ride, but I was hoping for Cedar Fair to do something unique and take a step out of the typical playblook. Not hurrying back to KI for this addition.

Below is KI's rendering of the Mystic Timbers. After the shed is track that is lower than the track entering the shed. I am not sure if something like this was already posted, but I'm 99% sure it's a drop track in the shed.

However, the height of the station appears very close to the height of the track entering the shed. But this is just a rendering, so maybe we shouldn't make assumptions.

A drop track would be GREAT, though!

Where is the life cycle of a new coaster post when you need it . . .

Here it is.

LIFE CYCLE OF A "NEW COASTER" THREAD ON TPR

1. After months of rumors and speculation, the ride is announced. The ride is immediately hit with negative views because it didn't live up to the hype coasterboy2194210 had set when he heard from his friend's uncle that it was going to be a 900 foot prototype.

2. Complaints about: The name, the stats, the colors, the trains, and the station layout, sometimes all in the same post. This is based off a crudely done 3D video.

3. Random new threads pop up in the next few weeks, breaking the news of the brand new coaster, even though the original thread is probably still on the first page near the top.

4. People start complaining about the lack of construction, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

5. Construction starts, people start complaining about the lack of construction updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another piece had been put up!!!

6. Criticism over the differences between the constructed portions versus the concept art begin. Page upon page of bitter feuding on whether the angle of descent was incorrect begins.

7. The construction is finished. People start complaining about the lack of testing, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

8. Testing starts, people start complaining about the lack of testing updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another train has been cycled!!!

9. Someone rides the coaster and reports back. If the review is so-so to good, the person obviously caught it on a bad early run. If the review is glowing, the person obviously hasn't ridden many coasters.

10. The ride opens. The fanboys descend en masse, declaring the ride the best coaster to ever touch god's green earth. Wild claims are thrown out, like the coaster is able to cure cancer, and has ejector airtime even on the brake run and station.

11. A well-travelled, highly regarded TPR member finally rides it, and gives a good but not great review. Fanboys cry foul, saying the person rode it on an off-day.

12. Pages upon pages of comparison to every single amusement ride known to man ensue.

13. As more people ride, the reviews eventually settle into a particular area (bad, moderate, good, great, excellent) and people stop posting in the thread.

14. Meanwhile, dirt has been dug up somewhere else in the park...the cycle begins again.

Link

Where is the life cycle of a new coaster post when you need it . . .

Here it is.

LIFE CYCLE OF A "NEW COASTER" THREAD ON TPR

1. After months of rumors and speculation, the ride is announced. The ride is immediately hit with negative views because it didn't live up to the hype coasterboy2194210 had set when he heard from his friend's uncle that it was going to be a 900 foot prototype.

2. Complaints about: The name, the stats, the colors, the trains, and the station layout, sometimes all in the same post. This is based off a crudely done 3D video.

3. Random new threads pop up in the next few weeks, breaking the news of the brand new coaster, even though the original thread is probably still on the first page near the top.

4. People start complaining about the lack of construction, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

5. Construction starts, people start complaining about the lack of construction updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another piece had been put up!!!

6. Criticism over the differences between the constructed portions versus the concept art begin. Page upon page of bitter feuding on whether the angle of descent was incorrect begins.

7. The construction is finished. People start complaining about the lack of testing, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

8. Testing starts, people start complaining about the lack of testing updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another train has been cycled!!!

9. Someone rides the coaster and reports back. If the review is so-so to good, the person obviously caught it on a bad early run. If the review is glowing, the person obviously hasn't ridden many coasters.

10. The ride opens. The fanboys descend en masse, declaring the ride the best coaster to ever touch god's green earth. Wild claims are thrown out, like the coaster is able to cure cancer, and has ejector airtime even on the brake run and station.

11. A well-travelled, highly regarded TPR member finally rides it, and gives a good but not great review. Fanboys cry foul, saying the person rode it on an off-day.

12. Pages upon pages of comparison to every single amusement ride known to man ensue.

13. As more people ride, the reviews eventually settle into a particular area (bad, moderate, good, great, excellent) and people stop posting in the thread.

14. Meanwhile, dirt has been dug up somewhere else in the park...the cycle begins again.

Link

So 2 down 12 more to go . . .

Well the name is terrible but the ride looks fun and most importantly it looks like the flume is safe.

I'm looking forward to it, and we'll probably use this as an excuse to go back to Kings Island next year. Thumbs up from me.

I honestly love the trains and I also love the track layout name, and theme of it, too! Good job, KI, now stop with the cliffhangers lol

This looks completely terrible in every way. Cedar Fair just doesn't care about quality anymore. Time to give my money to a more deserved chain. Smh.

Step one in the cycle...

Edited by PixelRush

This looks completely terrible in every way. Cedar Fair just doesn't care about quality anymore. Time to give my money to a more deserved chain. Smh.

I wonder how different your reaction would be if this was built at Kings Dominion.

And no Kings Island did not steal this from Kings Dominion.

Head on over to SFA or something. They've got a better ride collection, and WAY better operations