TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Splintercat would have been the best coaster name ever. At least it's not Mystic Hawk. Where's this POV? Too busy watching the DNC and forgot about the announcement.

According to POV...That shed is pretty long. You can get a good look at it at the beginning of the POV. Looks like the track stays even though...But who knows. The ride looks cool! Just not thrilled with the name. Think I'll just call it "Kings Island's new coaster" instead of that other name.

Seems like there is the yellow/black caution tape on both sides of the track. Hmmm....

There is also a brick wall that is in the middle of the building. Maybe it will be a drop track...

It also looks like the track turns into steel inside the building.

ff.png.963a65b38736eb1b1dbbc512003a38ce.png

Edited by Dom497

This might be the first time I'm ever legitimately excited about a GCI coaster. This could be the first time ever that I go out of my way to a park to ride one.

Besides the traditional butchered first drop, this layout probably has the most airtime of any GCI. I'm definitely excited for this and cannot wait to find out the surprise in the shed and ride it.

I'm thinking it's not a drop track... the shed and the station remain at the same height it seems... unless it's a turbo drop...

After watching the POV, I think the flume is staying as it looks like it's nowhere near its path

ki_mt-layout_micrositerendering.thumb.jpg.b546a6bede64c8b38c2d47fd04db8798.jpg

I think this will be a great addition to King's Island and I'm sure families will love it. It looks to have much more airtime than I was expecting.

Even if the ending turns out to be nothing I still think this is a really decent addition to the park.

http://mystictimbers.visitkingsisland.com/nature-rises/ride-videos

The last video is a 360* view of the three sheds.

If that rendering is correct, then there is no way the surprise is a drop track, since the shed is one story, starting at the level of the track. The rendering may not be correct, though.

I'm a little dissapointed about Mystic Timbers. Expecting something like Gold Striker, not Prowler

You're 15 so we understand.

I'm a bit disappointed, not just with NoLimits 2 animation but the coaster itself

You're 14 so we understand.

I'm thinking it's not a drop track... the shed and the station remain at the same height it seems... unless it's a turbo drop...

After watching the POV, I think the flume is staying as it looks like it's nowhere near its path

I don't think they will give it all away like that in a rendering.

http://mystictimbers.visitkingsisland.com/nature-rises/ride-videos

The last video is a 360* view of the three sheds.

If that rendering is correct, then there is no way the surprise is a drop track, since the shed is one story, starting at the level of the track. The rendering may not be correct, though.

I think verboltens drop track is like 15 ft? I still think its possible.

I'm a little dissapointed about Mystic Timbers. Expecting something like Gold Striker, not Prowler

I'm a bit disappointed, not just with NoLimits 2 animation but the coaster itself

Yes, because assuming that the only reason people might be disappointed in a new roller coaster's layout is because they're teenagers is so mature.

Yes, because assuming that the only reason people might be disappointed in a new roller coaster's layout is because they're teenagers is so mature.

Thank you for being real about this.

Even though I'm not too keen of the name, Mystic Timbers looks like an amazing wooden coaster! The best part about it is that there will be 16 hills of airtime! It is definitely a much-needed addition to Kings Island that will be using the terrain of the park.

Well, its the culmination of the reason I personally feel for younger people to be disappointed. At that age I wanted "bigger faster" but as I got older I learned that some of the best coasters I would consider the best, would have not been considered the best when I was their age. At that age, its kinda hard to appreciate some coasters that that age group takes for granted.

A Dark section??

Perhaps something to do with a Kings Island mobile game, like the battle for CP mobile game. I can see it having a tie-in with something of the sort. Especially since CF keeps pushing "high-tech trills", such as CGA's Plants vs. Zombies and all the VR coasters. Or could it be some other form of "high-tech" thrills we've yet to see from CF?

Drop track would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Now for critique on the ride itself.

Looks like it will deliver lots of quick pops of airtime, and hopefully some classic wooden lats. The coaster also seems to keep a steady pace throughout. It doesn't let up for a second. It's a shorter, but wilder & smoother version of Beast with some scenic fly-bys. Mystic Timbers looks like an all-around enjoyable coaster. Kings Island is definitely on my bucket list next year.

Only complaint(inevitable on TPR); capacity may be dismal since GCIs typically run 800 rph (give or take a few).

B+

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Once the trees grow in this ride will be pretty cool. This is not a record breaker, but it will be good family ride. I am a little surprised that they are adding a woodie like this when they have the Beast.

As an aside GGI is making a big come back with three roller coasters in 2017, that we know so far!