TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

So everyone is thinking drop track.....I can see that on a steel coaster as it is easier to have the rails line up and a lot less structure to deal with. I am having trouble seeing this pulled off on a wooden coaster. Unless it travels onto some sort of "bridge" steel structure for that part. I really think it would require precise measurements for the track to lineup with a wooden train.

300px-SF_we_have_the_technology_cover.jpg

So everyone is thinking drop track.....I can see that on a steel coaster as it is easier to have the rails line up and a lot less structure to deal with. I am having trouble seeing this pulled off on a wooden coaster. Unless it travels onto some sort of "bridge" steel structure for that part. I really think it would require precise measurements for the track to lineup with a wooden train.

The same way a wooden coaster traverses over the transfer track is the same way it will traverse onto and off of the drop track section.

Well, the name is a bit underwhelming but I thought everyone's favorite, Splintercat, was just as bad. Splinterhawk, that would have been the ideal Cedar Fair name.

Am I the only one who thought that adding another wood coaster to Kings Island was a somewhat odd decision? Granted a fast paced, curvy GCI would be something a bit different from what is already there.

The same way a wooden coaster traverses over the transfer track is the same way it will traverse onto and off of the drop track section.

I see that, but a transfer track shifts side to side. This has to have a pretty substantial structure dropping. Not near as simple as say Verbolten......

I see that, but a transfer track shifts side to side. This has to have a pretty substantial structure dropping. Not near as simple as say Verbolten......

Actually, it is pretty as simple as Verbolten. See, with wooden coasters, they can have steel structures. Just remove the tubular track and added the wooden track adn same thing. Of course, they wouldn't do it with a wooden structure, as most wooden coasters have steel structured transfer tracks. It's really not as difficult as you are making it out to be.

I'm not watching because we're too busy drinking but are they keeping the log flume? That's really all I care about.

They said nothing about the flume... which makes me think it's staying.

They only talked about getting to cohabitate with the rapids ride........