TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I will be there tonight for the announcement, whats even better is with all the rain today within a few hours there i should be able to get a lot in with minimal crowds.

Please, please, please let it now be called Splinter Cat. It would seriously make my day to watch everyone's heads spin.

That's how I feel! It's not a "bad" name by any means, it's just kinda awkward and sounds like something a 5 year-old would make up!

Edited by chickenbowl

My prediction for the coaster:

Dragon coaster

15 feet height

800 feet elevation changes

3,569.5 feet long

green vibrating trains

splash down

barrel roll drop into a dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop go **** yourself into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into a jo-jo roll into a splash down into a rainbow into one of those trendy RMC upside down reverse airtime hills that really aren't that great into all of the themeing in the world to make the coaster geeks happy into a pokemon go gym into a Bernie Sanders rally into a free credit check into interlocking corkscrews into a station fly through into a lame aqua trax joke into the depths of hell into a fat people making fun of how fat ace members are roast into the largest loop in the Cincinnati region into a magnetic break run into a launch into a non magnetic break run into a lift hill into El Toro into the station into a free tee shirt and key chain stand.

Also, the queues will have shade.

Edited by prozach626

Here's something from screamscape that talks about splintercat. I for one love the possibility of that being the name.

Clearly hints at the name being Spawn of Beast...............................................

Dragon coaster

15 feet height

3,569.5 feet long

green vibrating trains

splash down

barrel roll drop into a dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop go **** yourself into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into another dive loop into a jo-jo roll into a splash down into a rainbow into one of those trendy RMC upside down reverse airtime hills that really aren't that great into all of the themeing in the world to make the coaster geeks happy into a pokemon go gym into a Bernie Sanders rally into a free credit check into interlocking corkscrews into a station fly through into a lame aqua trax joke into the depths of hell into a fat people making fun of how fat ace members are roast into the largest loop in the Cincinnati region into a magnetic break run into a launch into a non magnetic break run into a lift hill into El Toro into the station into a free tee shirt and key chain stand.

This post is hilarious and amazing.

On the other hand I'm cringing thinking about the 5 posts that are on the way that take a funny post and beat it into the ground. Jumping tons of sharks and landing on tons of dead horses after completing said jumps and giving us all douche chills in the process.

Dragon coaster

15 feet height

3,569.5 feet long

green vibrating trains

splash down

This post is hilarious and amazing.

On the other hand I'm cringing thinking about the 5 posts that are on the way that take a funny post and beat it into the ground. Jumping tons of sharks and landing on tons of dead horses after completing said jumps and giving us all douche chills in the process.

I like turtles!

Centurion: GCI woodie with 100* overbank and possibly a 0g roll. GCI said they'd like to try an inversion and I think that this is their chance

Why are people still saying, "Centurion"? I thought it was common knowledge that the trademark for Centurion was not accepted because someone else already owns the name?

Nope! Cedar Fair still owns the trademark to Centurion since 2013 and actually just recently filed for an extension as of May 2016 (and it was granted): http://www.trademarkia.com/centurion-86094874.html

With that said, Banshee is not owned by Cedar Fair but rather Kings Island Park LLC. So I do not think Centurion would be the name of this ride as it is not trademarked with the other rides in the park, but rather the chain overall (not to mention it does not fit any of the teasers or anything to do with the woods at all).

Centurion: GCI woodie with 100* overbank and possibly a 0g roll. GCI said they'd like to try an inversion and I think that this is their chance

Why are people still saying, "Centurion"? I thought it was common knowledge that the trademark for Centurion was not accepted because someone else already owns the name?

Nope! Cedar Fair still owns the trademark to Centurion since 2013 and actually just recently filed for an extension as of May 2016 (and it was granted): http://www.trademarkia.com/centurion-86094874.html

With that said, Banshee is not owned by Cedar Fair but rather Kings Island Park LLC. So I do not think Centurion would be the name of this ride as it is not trademarked with the other rides in the park, but rather the chain overall (not to mention it does not fit any of the teasers or anything to do with the woods at all).

OK, I'm extremely confused because I *know* I read on that same webpage a couple of years ago that the trademark was suspended. Did Cedar Fair purchase the rights?