TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

See? I just didn't care for Rougarou, personally. The floorless design wasn't anything unique, in my mind, as it felt like any other sit down B&M coaster. It wasn't as thrilling, at least in my opinion, as it was when it was a stand up coaster.

And personally, I can't ride the flyers. I get severe dizziness just being laid back like they do in the loading stations. I'd be blacked out before even getting to the lift hill!

Stand ups aren't comin' back, so go visit SFOG.

Who's got final predictions?

RMC

160'

65 mph

0 inversions, features 6 White Water Canyon crossovers

3500' long, making KI have most wood track in one park

Hoping RMC, but it could be GCI.

I thought Rougarou was great through the first half, but nothing special at all after the MCBR. It just kind of wanders. I'd rank it last among floorlesses I've been on.

I agree with this but honestly no floorless coasters really "wow" me. Dominator is the best otherwise, but Rougarou is one of my favorites because of how forceful it is since it's really an old school B&M. Don't get me wrong... it's no Kumba. But the turn before the swooop into the midcourse is almost Maverick-esque (though not on the same level). Rougarou near the back of the train is really solid.

Here is my prediction.

GCI

110 ft. high

3300 ft. long

55 MPH top speed

Metal support structure like White Lightning

If I counted correctly will cross over WWC 6 times.

I want this to be an RMC, but the realist in me looks at the overview of the layout and it just screams GCI. Still have zero explanation for why the park would build the ride here because Cedar Fair is not in the habit of building rides above each other. If this is an RMC, I think it will be a fun layout with barrel rolls over WWC, a stall over the reservoir, etc.

Stand ups aren't comin' back, so go visit SFOG.

Who's got final predictions?

RMC

160'

65 mph

0 inversions, features 6 White Water Canyon crossovers

3500' long, making KI have most wood track in one park

Hoping RMC, but it could be GCI.

No need to be a dick just because you disagree...

ANYHOW, I like your prediction. Only thing I'm altering for mine is I think it's going to be a GCI instead of an RMC. Otherwise, I think you're spot on. I think the goal is to have the most wooden track in a park with this new piece.

No need to be a dick just because you disagree...

I don't think he's being a dick. I think he's saying that SFOG has the only good Stand up model, so if you want to ride one, go there. I agree, they aren't coming back, and that's a good thing.

When did predictions like this become a thing? The people over in the Kings Dominion thread just predict the type of thing they'll get and that place can be like a mental ride on Green Lantern.

Then again, these predictions are based off of some information as opposed to the 'I want' method.

^Yeah I've been seeing pictures elsewhere that show the announcement will happen against the back of the Crypt building. Pretty interesting!

BTW, here's where the live stream will be for those of us that won't be there. I think you have to make an account, but you can just log in through Facebook.

KI Announcement 2017 Stream

I'm really excited to hear too!

I'll be the one and only person to predict that the "leaked" plans were fake and we're getting something none of us expected.

But hey, if it is a GCI (which all signs point to it being), it could still be exciting. Gold Striker is an awesome ride and one of my favorite wooden coasters.

(But not as exciting as RMC, let's be real here)

Guys...

GUYS...

What if KI does get a roller coaster, but they also announce plans to finally do something with the old Crypt building? I'm sure enthusiasts can't be the only ones to want to see something other than a haunt in the building. I know the chances of that happening are slim to none, but one can dream.

I was wondering the same thing, but maybe use Crypt as a queve line or station? the only way i see this as not being true is because they havent cleared everything out of there, at least i dont think they have.

My prediction:

GCI (Duh, the layout looks 95% GCI).

Lift hill of 145 ft. Drop of 135

Multiple interactions with Train and WWC.

Maybe some outerbanked turns? I love these on Stormchaser maybe GCI would add a couple.

We already know how big this coaster is going to be since they've already started tearing up the old patch station from haunt, so i believe that location will be for the turn around.