TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The Bat pooped on me and it's not coming off (I think it's from the restraint)

Banshee has a 5 minute wait, currently. Pretty wicked ride as usual. Really tough to pick which I like better - front or back. Also, they're loading the train in 15 seconds.

20160721_113753.thumb.jpg.6faccc1657004da3582c2af6acbe5d0d.jpg

20160721_112527.thumb.jpg.8ccb955e0d49eb1550cc4e57100c02ad.jpg

I am impressed with the way Kings Island has let little information out.

Except you know... the blueprints for the entire ride

So basically we don't know the name or what color the trains are going to be. At this point, I think it would be more exciting if Holiday World were to continue teasing Thunderbird again, at this very moment........

I'm looking forward to the announcement! I already think KI is a fantastic park, so any excuse to go back there is fine by me!!

Their coaster selection is very solid, with one of my favorite B&M hypers & possibly my favorite B&M invert (close call between Banshee and Afterburn down at Carowinds), along with the Beast....plus I feel their "next tier" of coasters is also very good. Add this new modern wooden coaster to the mix, and they'll really have a great assortment! I never got the chance to visit KI back in the Paramount days, so I can't truly compare to then, but I have been very impressed with what Cedar Fair has done since they took the reigns for the park.

The main thing I'm interested in with this announcement is the fate of Race For Your Life Charlie Brown.

Personally, I think this park needs a log flume more than it needs a GCI, so if they remove the ride I'll be really disappointed. That being said, if we get to have our cake and eat it too then I'll be thrilled.

I don't think there is any need to worry about the flume being gone. Also i plan on being at the announcement and that night i will upload pictures and videos of the train ride through construction (which the retaining wall is being built there are boards added to it, and so many trees have been cut down i can see White Water Canyon's reservoir from the train station.) and the announcement! If anyones going to the announcement please PM me, would like to meet up with some TPR members for once.

I don't think we have to worry about the flume. I'm hearing there will be no broken records and it will be a wooden coaster that crosses over White Water Canyon 6 times. Believe me or don't. Idgaf.

Shout out to Zach [pro]

Scorecard for 11am-5pm

Banshee - 10 min wait, 3 rides. Front is smooth, back.. not so much yikes. Great forceful ride. Love the pickup after the zero G. And that whip over the first drop in the back seat always catches me off guard. Gosh, just wish it had regular restraints. Hate those vests that are so tight. It's not comfortable to re_ride.

Bat - One ride, love it.

Drop Tower. 20 min wait and so worth it for sweet sweet sustained airtime

Adv Express - If you don't love this mine train, then you don't have a sense of humor or adventure

Racer - Fun out and back with some surprising airtime in the front seat

Windseaker - Just, nice break.

Beast - 20 minute for the front. You know what, it was fantastic during the day.

Diamondback- 15 minute, 4 rides. Love this ride. Back seat has great pull over the hills and front has great push up and over. Row 2 is fantastic.

Vortex - This ride is outdated and brutal. Even in 7-1, so don't come after me, Arrow fanboys. The ride has lived a good life, it's time to end it.

20160721_161300.thumb.jpg.94d0e65d7db5f708b74df1388fc6c8d2.jpg

The crowd shied away when I got close...

Screenshot_20160721-171207.thumb.png.a27fdfc588c779f8fec63830068a1c7f.png

BUT NO ONE IS SAFE. GOT EEEEEM

20160721_161055.thumb.jpg.0246f38f4c887ea5fbe722683d11f8cb.jpg

My baby.

20160721_161456.thumb.jpg.bf28251df8155c19c6476d26bbf611eb.jpg

I know the real deets on the 2017 proj.

Screenshot_20160721-222825.thumb.png.9f01651f0773b4f0112cfa6068e62dd0.png

GOT EEEEM AGAIN

20160721_123813.thumb.jpg.4a9e4ddaa6ae915fac5278eb35c85a64.jpg

Edited by PKI Jizzman

^the seat is 5-1, not 7-1 for Vortex

GOT EEEEEEM jk

In all seriousness if Vortex's restraint had locked in the position that Tennessee Tornado's or Corkscrew's had I would probably have hated it, luckily it was really loose and I got zero headbanging. It wasn't super rough either.

^the seat is 5-1, not 7-1 for Vortex

GOT EEEEEEM jk

In all seriousness if Vortex's restraint had locked in the position that Tennessee Tornado's or Corkscrew's had I would probably have hated it, luckily it was really loose and I got zero headbanging. It wasn't super rough either.

I've never had to aggressively fight a ride, haha. The transitions are just awful.

Also, I command any new visitor to get either blue ice cream or Banshee ice cream.

AE has never changed. I guess I'm a sucker for coasters that don't turn straight to the lift hill. Always catches me off guard that it drops out of the station right into some serious laterals

So I was thinking about possible names for the GCI, and I think it is possible that the beast theme could continue. The coaster could be called son of beast again but I just thought of a great name that sounds completely plausible. What do you guys think about the name Spawn of Beast? In my opinion it sounds perfect and when I thought of it something immediately clicked.

Haha, great report. I meant to do more pointing in my photographs going forward. I need to remember that.

Personal notes:

- Vortex is just godawful. Hated it when I was there. This is from someone who great up with GASM at SFGAdv, too.

- Adventure Express is one of the best mine trains I've been on, but I wish it ended less anti-climatically. Maybe if I think of that last-second lift hill as a brake run, I'd feel differently.

Haha, great report. I meant to do more pointing in my photographs going forward. I need to remember that.

Personal notes:

- Vortex is just godawful. Hated it when I was there. This is from someone who great up with GASM at SFGAdv, too.

- Adventure Express is one of the best mine trains I've been on, but I wish it ended less anti-climatically. Maybe if I think of that last-second lift hill as a brake run, I'd feel differently.

I give the 2nd lift hill a break since the ride has a great start with the S turn out of the station and drop into the tunnel. It's a pretty intense ride in the front seat! Strong laterals. Still WEIRD to not see SOB there. Most of the area where it was is grown over now.

Thanks everyone!

-Zach

I dont know how long it has been in the current state, but as i was walking to break yesterday, Zephyr is completely down. Like swings on ground, Top of the ride is literally almost on the ground. I Wonder if the same thing happened to it like SR&R, and Monster. If so i believe that it'll come back with a new LED Light system. Here's hoping. Ill have pics of the current ride status when i go as a guest on thursday!

I will forever support and love Vortex. It may be my favorite coaster at the park (along with the obvious contenders of course) and I hope it lives on forever.

Just wait until you get a little age on you... That seems to change perspectives. Time is the great equalizer.