TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Pylons being placed, thanks to THE_BEASTmaster on KICentral for posting this picture. ALSO, what if we're all wrong and this coaster is not a GCI (I think it will be) and instead its a Gravity Group, since the company is located in Cincinnati.

For those that don't know, GCI's engineering office is located in Northern Kentucky. So, geographically, it's in their "backyard" as well.

I hope this is a GCI as it would be neat to have one closer to me.

At this point, I'd be really surprised if it's not a GCI. Sure, GG could make something with the similarities to Prowler that the overhead suggests, but it makes much more sense to go with GCI, particularly since they seem to have a good relationship with Cedar Fair.

As far as going to GG to go local, the biggest coaster companies in the world are in Switzerland, so...

^ I could be wrong but I do not think we are seeing the path of the coaster. This looks like a construction/maintence road. I believe the coaster will pass over the water and not really be very close to the train tracks.

^I expect a bridge similar to Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer. I doubt this would add a lot of cost to the ride.

From a logistical stand point they need a maintence road. There needs to be a way to get the trains on and off the track. Once they build the ride entrance I do not see how they could do it through the park like Diamondback. Also the new entrance to WWC blocks one side. The more immediate problem is construction equipment, my understanding is that the tree clearing services are already using this as a road to get in and out of the area.

Also I have seen stakes on the banks of the water close to the middle. Why else would the park clear those trees?

From appearances this will not be wide enough to run two sections of track next to each other. Plus there is an existing maintenance road and this would just extend that.

Pylons being placed, thanks to THE_BEASTmaster on KICentral for posting this picture. ALSO, what if we're all wrong and this coaster is not a GCI (I think it will be) and instead its an RMC...

Fixed that for you!

I enjoy envisioning how parks can pull of Holiday events so this is what I was thinking...

I'd love them to close the Midways off at Diamondback (so you have the kids area and Diamondback), the 3 paths leading to action zone (one by the gate, one by the pretzel company and one by Adventure Express), the path going right from the clock and then somewhere by Wave Swinger.

It would be easy to cut the paths there, it leaves you with Diamondback, Firehawk, Flight of Fear and Racer (if you want) as the adult coasters, Adventure Express for families and all of the kids coasters as the event would be family focused. I figure they'll want Flight of Fear since it's indoors and it's nice and toasty warm in there thanks to all of the LIM fires.

You could cut Firehawk and Racer to one station and one train to save staffing and get a jump start on maintenance. You can of course cut trains on the others also to get started on maintenance and drain the pond at Diamondback or remove the scoops (like they did with Shiekra). Then if the event gets more popular you can always expand... maybe starting with action zone but if you open it it requires a ton of staffing and it's hard to cut off anywhere which is why I left it out for now.

Just my random pipe dream that I 100% pulled out of my a**.

I wouldn't have initially but after looking at it I realized it would be an insane staffing commitment to open Action Zone for an event that might not be successful. For whatever reason I never noticed how huge that area of the park was and it's almost impossible to section it off without a ridiculous number of temporary barriers.

I am planning on going to a ride night on August 11 and the park closes at 8, and the website says that the ride time starts at 10:30, is that a mistake or do we have to leave the park at 8 and come back for the ert or do we just stay at the park? This is my first ride night at KI so I am not familiar with their process there.

I am planning on going to a ride night on August 11 and the park closes at 8, and the website says that the ride time starts at 10:30, is that a mistake or do we have to leave the park at 8 and come back for the ert or do we just stay at the park? This is my first ride night at KI so I am not familiar with their process there.

Yeah, something about that is incredibly wrong and I see the same thing on the website. I'd call the park.