TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I can't help but feel like the caption on this instagram post is some kind of hint. I'm probably wrong though

Probably. I don't see what that could have to do with anything. I think they're trying to distract us even though the blueprints already leaked... just like with Banshee.

Kings Island just posted a video of Race For Your Life Charlie Brown or whatever the Log Flumes's name is on their snapchat sorry and said "The Future Is Now". Thoughts?

My thought is their social media interns have too much free time on their hands.

Kings Island just posted a video of Race For Your Life Charlie Brown or whatever the Log Flumes's name is on their snapchat sorry and said "The Future Is Now". Thoughts?

My thought is their social media interns have too much free time on their hands.

They better not remove a log flume for a small GCI

They better not remove a log flume for a small GCI

I like this guy...

^CP removed a flat ride and a indoor one for Gatekeeper and I think they removed the car ride for Valravn.

They removed an old Sky tower and a horrible indoor coaster for Gatekeeper. They removed a car ride for Valraven but have another car ride in the back of the park

In the last 12 years, Cedar Point has built 3 coasters (Maverick, Gatekeeper and Valravn). In that time they've removed a grand total of 2 flat rides for coasters (A redundant observation tower and the worst of their 3 car rides... leaving them with 2 more car rides. How many parks do you know that have 2 car rides?)

In the time they removed those 2 flat rides for coasters, but they installed 3... Windseeker, Pipe Scream and Lake Erie Eagles and they moved 3 rides that were in the way of other rides instead of removing them (Ocean Motion, Calypso and Dodgems).

Which amusement park "hasn't" moved or removed a flat ride to put in a coaster other than Disney or Universal. KI has gotten rid of a ton of stuff with fewer replacements, but they're getting better. I just hope the flume stays. I had a great ride on it Saturday.

I would be willing to bet the flume is safe. There has been signs that trees behind and to the side are being cut down but no indication that any of the work will impact the flume. From what I have seen the clearing will get close but there should still be a thin line of trees separating the two rides.

^ I started as a flat ride enthusiast and worked my way into a coaster enthusiast. I will always have a soft spot for Ferris wheels and scramblers. You need the balance.

One of my big disappointment parks is SF Magic Mountain, and that's due to such a lacking flat ride collection and diversity with their other rides. Though their coasters are great... it just doesn't completely seal the deal for me.

KI has removed a lot of family and flat rides over the years to put in big coasters and such, but Cedar Fair has been preserving many of the remaining rides that aren't mechanical nightmares in their now 10 years ... (Yes, 10 years) of owning the park.

The log flume posts could be a red herring, but I remain convinced that the flume will be going to make way for the ride, and stand by my thoughts on where the location of the coaster will be with that in mind. If I'm wrong, that's great! But they seem to be hinting about its removal pretty hard, here and there...

^ I started as a flat ride enthusiast and worked my way into a coaster enthusiast. I will always have a soft spot for Ferris wheels and scramblers. You need the balance.

One of my big disappointment parks is SF Magic Mountain, and that's due to such a lacking flat ride collection and diversity with their other rides. Though their coasters are great... it just doesn't completely seal the deal for me.

KI has removed a lot of family and flat rides over the years to put in big coasters and such, but Cedar Fair has been preserving many of the remaining rides that aren't mechanical nightmares in their now 10 years ... (Yes, 10 years) of owning the park.

I also started out as a flat ride enthusiast. Before I lost my fear of coasters a few years ago, if I had a choice between Dorney and SFGAdv, I'd choose Dorney every time because of their larger flat ride collection. I love Diamondback, but I also love a good Tilt-a-Whirl that spins the heck out of me.