TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I'd have a hard time seeing it as a family coaster if it's 100 feet tall.

Two words: Powder Keg.

Screamin' Eagle comes to mind before Powder Keg imo, but yeah that too

Powder Keg was marketed as a family coaster. Screamin' Eagle was marketed as the tallest, fastest, longest coaster in the world.

I'd have a hard time seeing it as a family coaster if it's 100 feet tall.

Two words: Powder Keg.

Screamin' Eagle comes to mind before Powder Keg imo, but yeah that too

Powder Keg was marketed as a family coaster. Screamin' Eagle was marketed as the tallest, fastest, longest coaster in the world.

Yeah but Eagle has the 42" height requirement and when I was at SFStL all the kids at the park wanted to ride it. It may have not started that way but it certainly is a family coaster now.

Cheetah Hunt and Powder Keg were marketed as family coasters, and these designs are in some ways more intimidating than most GCI's. Additionally, Powder Keg was an addition to a park that was not particularly known for its coaster selection at the time, and it was still marketed as a family ride (as awesome as it is). Compare this to Kings Island, who has added a flying coaster, a hyper coaster, and a giant inverted coaster all in the past ten years. Additionally, they already have one of the most legendary wood coasters in the world. So, it makes sense to have a standard GCI marketed as a family of smaller coaster.

Also, I believe WOF to be a offering comparison with Prowler. Yes, they had a hyper coaster and a large invert when they marketed Prowler as their next thrill coaster, but WOF is a smaller park that did not already have a wood coaster as well-known as the Beast. Also, their hyper is far older, while Diamondback is still new-ish.

The ride itself will be good, but this seems like a bit of a strange addition considering the rest of the lineup, unless they go for the family vibe.

At KI today. More trees removed from around the train station area. Also noticed trees being removed behind the Beast. Especially underneath the first bunny hop hill coming out of the first tunnel. From the top of the Racer turn around, behind the dinosaurs alive in a field is a large number of pallets shrink

wrapped that suspiciously look like track pieces of some kind. Sorry, no way for me to legally take pictures of the pallets

At KI today. More trees removed from around the train station area. Also noticed trees being removed behind the Beast. Especially underneath the first bunny hop hill coming out of the first tunnel. From the top of the Racer turn around, behind the dinosaurs alive in a field is a large number of pallets shrink

wrapped that suspiciously look like track pieces of some kind. Sorry, no way for me to legally take pictures of the pallets

Not sure what the tree removal near The Beast would be for, but I'm pretty sure the area behind Racer and Dinos is for the fireworks.

Not sure what the tree removal near The Beast would be for, but I'm pretty sure the area behind Racer and Dinos is for the fireworks.

That is correct and the clearing is visible from one side of the Racer. The park also does a much larger firework show then normal for the 4th of July weekend.

Not sure if people are just being more observant but there are a lot more reports of work going on around the park then normal. For example I have heard that the old action theater was recently gutted.

That is correct and the clearing is visible from one side of the Racer. The park also does a much larger firework show then normal for the 4th of July weekend.

Not sure if people are just being more observant but there are a lot more reports of work going on around the park then normal. For example I have heard that the old action theater was recently gutted.

Interesting. Is the theater large enough to house a dark ride?

You can see it from racer and the past couple of ears they've left urgent scare up. If anything goes into that building they could possibly do something like plants vs zombies. I'll check in to this once I get off work today.

Plants vs. zombies would be my guess for the action theater.

How did World's of Fun advertise Prowler?

Hilariously...

This makes me want to never ride a roller coaster again and pretend that I was never an enthusiast.

As stated i did go into the park after my shift, but did not ride racer. instead rode Windseeker and there did seem to be some props for Urgent Scare outside of the maze, but it all seemed like Mannequins, Crates used for outdoor mazes (like tombstone) and barrels (again most likely for an outdoor maze) so nothing really major. Now inside could be another story.

BTW just thought of this as i was walking around the park. Does anyone else think that KI could really use a new thrilling flat that could be placed at the old Flight Commander location? I mean the Queve house is still there, both ride operator box's are still there, the only thing missing is the railings for the line, and a ride. Just a concrete slab. I know they use it for overflow line for Killmart, but the line still has a snake painted on the concrete.