TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Judging by the leaked blueprints of the new coaster, I'm almost positive it'll be a GCI. Although KI doesn't really need a new woodie, it's a GCI, so it'll most likely be pretty fun.

Welcome to TPR.

I don't see why they wouldn't want a new wooden coaster. They two they have are ~40 years old.

Also, Cedar Point has the big steel coasters, and KI just built Banshee. Meanwhile, Holiday World has some world-class wooden coasters, and is close enough for visitors in the area to make comparisons. I can almost guarantee they pay attention to what Holiday World does from a business perspective. It's good to know your competition.

^Imma just wait for nicman to come and say how much more CW makes than KI and how it deserved Leviathan or whatever

I do think KI will get a giga eventually. A GCI sort of fills the ejector airtime void but not really. Thunderhead's airtime is only barely above floater though powerful.

That'd be great if it was a remake of SOB but more up to date! With a few headstones while before you get on and Banshee was one of them lol. I saw that the Mr. Ouimet was at KI yesterday from some post's on their Instagram account people was saying. Anyone else see him there from here?

Laser Beast Banshee on Fire?

But in all seriousness, how would you think KI would market this? Assuming it is a GCI, I would assume it would be barely over 100 ft, as almost every other design they have made. While a high-end GCI may be the best ride in a park with fewer coasters, I cannot picture this as being a marquee attraction at Kings Island. Even if it is one of the better GCI's, it would probably still not be considered a top three ride in the park by both the GP and enthusiasts. Would it be possible that they would market this as a family-oriented coaster, even if it is one of the better GCI's?

I am not saying that every new ride has to be giga coaster, but I am saying that it seems a bit odd for a park that added Firehawk, Diamondback, and Banshee back to back to back would decide to throw in a standard GCI (assuming that is what this is). I am saying that it is possible that they are going for a more-family oriented vibe, as advertising a new family coaster would make sense after the slew of highly thrilling coasters.

The only other situation that seems similar to this was Tatsu and Apoc at SFMM. They added Tatsu, which was a great fit for a park of its size. A few years later, the giant B&M was followed by a small GCI. It is interesting that Kings Island seems to be doing a similar thing.