TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

That's the plan. At least, once the sun stops being so stubborn and actually decides to go down lol

It's tough this time of year. You have to get in line late enough that it'll be dark but early enough that you can wait for the front. Hopefully you can do it.

Luckily it's cloudy and the park closes at 10

Firehawk took surprise worst ride of the day. Uncomfortable, awkward, not really that interesting. I liked Vortex a lot more than I thought I would. It had a good pace, fun inversions, and wasn't really all that rough or jerky.

Luckily it's cloudy and the park closes at 10

Firehawk took surprise worst ride of the day. Uncomfortable, awkward, not really that interesting. I liked Vortex a lot more than I thought I would. It had a good pace, fun inversions, and wasn't really all that rough or jerky.

As a warning The Beast closes about 30 minutes early for the fireworks then reopens about 30 minutes after the fireworks to for everyone who was in line to ride. On the plus side most of the park is empty at that point so it is a nice pleasant walk through an empty park.

Spent yesterday at the park and from the clearing I saw from the train this looks closer to how it will run. But needs rotated so the straight section is between the train tracks and WWC. Almost all of the trees between the WWC's station and the train tracks are gone as well as all of the trees between WWC's lake/pond and the train tracks... Seems as if the coaster will run right between the 2 attractions.

EDIT: Something like this... forgive the horrible photoshop job, I rushed it... But you can see how it would wrap around the storage shed for the trains and also if you look at the bents that are in the blueprints it looks like there could be an opening in them where the tracks pass just south of the train storage shed that seem to line up about right.

I like the way the first drop wraps around the pond, and the way the track converges where the train approaches WWC.

Spent yesterday at the park and from the clearing I saw from the train this looks closer to how it will run. But needs rotated so the straight section is between the train tracks and WWC. Almost all of the trees between the WWC's station and the train tracks are gone as well as all of the trees between WWC's lake/pond and the train tracks... Seems as if the coaster will run right between the 2 attractions.

EDIT: Something like this... forgive the horrible photoshop job, I rushed it... But you can see how it would wrap around the storage shed for the trains and also if you look at the bents that are in the blueprints it looks like there could be an opening in them where the tracks pass just south of the train storage shed that seem to line up about right.

I like the way the first drop wraps around the pond, and the way the track converges where the train approaches WWC.

Also, The lack of bents on the lift portion of the blueprint would make since because with my positioning the lift goes right over the pond... So if that happens we may see a lift on this like what RMC did with Goliath at SFGA.

Your scale looks incredibly huge. That ride drwarfs Diamondback and The Beast. It looks like the station is at least double the size of The Beast station.

Also, your video is still private only.

I did not post the video, it was public when I posted the link.

Basically your totally wrong. That is around 4000 ft of total track, you can measure it on google maps. The station in my picture is actually smaller than the station for The Beast. I can copy the station for The Beast out of the larger image and put it next to the station or overlay it on top if you need more proof.

The larger building in Zone 1A is the maintenance building. The station is the smaller of the two.

I agree that the scale is entirely too big. The first images you posted that kept the coaster inside the railroad tracks is much more likely to be closer to the real thing. There is a photo of Prowler posted on page 1344 that shows that Prowler is similar in size to the railroad tracks next to it. Use the Kings Island railroad tracks as a general guide for scale. Also, when I saw the clearing a few weeks ago, the clearing was very close to the tracks right behind the train depot. I am wondering if the first drop is closer to that as well.

100% agreed on both of your assessments here. Enjoyed the heck out of Vortex, probably won't ever ride Firehawk again.

Lets try youtube again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv3LreHKZB8

This video is from the same poster as the previous video. Starting around the 15 second mark you will see a better view of the overview and part of the exploded view. The important part is that you will see a north arrow on the drawing which will allow you to orient the coaster. At 56 seconds into the video is shot of the plans with the coordinates of the footers in the section of the ride which is highlighted in the overview.

EDIT: I was looking at the video and I just realized the drawing says North Abutment Plan. That means the highlighted section of the layout is the north end of a bridge. Likely the north end of the bridge across the water.

Alrighty. After reading KIC and looking over the available information on the drawing. Here is where I am at now. This is assuming the station size is similar to The Beast, and uses the pond and Diamondback to help locate the ride "within" the train loop.

13428366_10209722586366160_5911068694482364137_n.jpg?oh=8e88936da1af449ebd93ba2f61666141&oe=57CEA243

^To me, that seems needlessly far back off the beaten path... I would think they'd want to at least have it somewhere close to the pathway, to build excitement. But then again, KI is already known for its mysterious wooden coaster out in the woods, so why not have another, lurking back in the trees! There would be an incredibly long queue/walkway, just to get to the station from the clearing already made on the main path, but again, they have that already with the rapids ride, so it's not inconceivable...

One thing I keep coming back to, that I know nobody wants to think about (or mock up...) They sure made it sound like RFYLCB is going to be getting removed after this season, so unless that was simply a red herring, I am still of the opinion that they will be removing that, and placing the station, and lift hill portion of the ride, where that is currently located. I hope they keep it, and I love the idea of the new wooden coaster being hidden in the woods! I just wonder if we're trying too hard NOT to acknowledge the flume may leave... (Don't kill me coasterbill! It's an honest observations! )

That's what I was thinking too. But I had a hard time reconciling the North icon on the drawing with the position of Diamondback and the pond until I put it in this position. Obviously, scale may still be off, but things seemed to fit nicely with this attempt.

What happens with the interaction with Diamondback and White Water Canyon, if you pull it North a bit, so that the station and brake run are over land, and not the water, and the top portion of the "T", is nestled in the trees a little more?

i have two ideas .both involve taking out a ride. but before that. there are markers out by the patch station where the train use to drop people off for Tombstone Terrortory. but onto my options:

a) RFYLCB is removed (I hope this doesn;t happen) and station and lift go there, yada-yada-yada

but CURVEBALL OUT OF LEFT FIELD

b) what if the layout runs somewhat parallel to the train tracks heading back to the train shed. like the train is heading into Rivertown but after the lift your heading out near the train shed, and the turn around is out by the patch station (since its not used for anything anymore) and.....................................WWC is removed and the new entrance that was built for WWC is actually for the new ride

Option b probably isn't happening but that's what just came to my mind. there is some clearing like right next to WWC, grant it the trees cut down are right by the old pathway but RIGHT BY THE RIDE there are some clearing going on.............. either way i think one of these two might be gone after this year, but i hope its not RFYLCB.

Pushing further north has the brakes hover over the pond, and the Diamondback crossover occurs in a less ideal configuration. Pushing from there you start running into issues with the train and the brakes/station/prelift sections. Using the log ride as the location of the station/lift/drop will put the turnaround directly in line with Diamondback's turn. According to "sources" over at KIC, the ride will be located entirely within the train loop north of WWC.

The real answer comes with confirmed excavation in the "Area of work" on the plans. That will be either next to the train, or next to the WWC entrance path. From there we can accurately locate the rest of the ride.

I also tried mirroring the layout, so North is accurate but East-West are reversed. The lower section starts to interfere with WWC a bit more.

Edited by CP Maverick

I'm really at a loss for how this coaster is going to go in that location by WWC/Train/DB. There's also paths and bridges...it's really crowded. Tweak that lay out all you want, but I think this whole thing might be a joke. No doubt, there's something going on. I just have no clue what they're doing! And nothing I've seen on any forum has me sold.

Recently got off a double night ride on my home park's own GCI: Renegade. I definitely think that this new coaster will give an amazing night ride, perhaps one to rival Beast's. Renegade is not in the woods, but still has a better night ride than day ride and I can't wait to hear the reviews compared to Beast. I was also thinking that the name "Primal" would be a cool name for the coaster.

^maybe they'll have on board audio and they'll play Primal Scream by Motley Crue #R.I.P.

But im still shocked that there aren't anyone at the park digging for footers and all that jazz, just still cutting down trees. Hell i mean wasn't Banshee at least digging for footers around this time in 2013?