TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Kings Island is a better park that Cedar Point.

I'm dead serious.

Not in my mind. The coaster discrepancy is too great. Maverick, Dragster, and Millennium are all better than the best coaster at Kings Island.

Still won't pass up many trips to Kings Island, it is also a great park.

The video was awesome, but I think I finally figured out why I'm really not that into GCI. The rapid succession of bunny hop after bunny hop after element after bunny hop, etc, etc, etc, just doesn't do it for me. I think I favor the gradual flow of elements as opposed to the crazy out of control "which way are we going to go next" layouts. I prefer the slower paced setup/element/follow through: rinse/wash/repeat transitions where one element sets up another, and so on. I feel like it allows me more time to relax and enjoy the experience, which is why I could take endless laps on Diamondback and Banshee. The several GCI's I've been on were fun, but they didn't really call to me for rerides.

That said, I was initially in denial about this coaster fitting with the park and area, but I'm over it. I think it would make a really nice addition and would attract a lot of younger riders. If positioned correctly, it could look really nice in the area. Here's to hoping the flume stays.

Well, I've heard great things about Prowler at WOF, so by the looks of this 'leaked layout', if this ends up being anything like that, I think it will be an excellent addition to the park and will certainly round out their collection a bit.

Well, I've heard great things about Prowler at WOF, so by the looks of this 'leaked layout', if this ends up being anything like that, I think it will be an excellent addition to the park and will certainly round out their collection a bit.

I really liked Prowler, and anything similar to that would be a great addition to any park.

^Thanks for your hard work. It really helps me "visualize" what could be going there and gives me a frame of reference to start with.

Is there a chance we are looking at that GCI-esque layout wrong, and that instead it runs parallel to the log ride? I'm trying to use Prowler as a scale model and it almost seems like it fits better orientated that direction.

Here's a mock-up I did before really scrutinizing scales.

13432386_10209712572715825_5417512657236310080_n.jpg?oh=0880465836064c773f03b6c28ca470ce&oe=580F9E98

I tried that originally but when I scaled that by placing the station over another one it was way too small. The ride is much bigger than it appears in that mockup.

A lot bigger. I figured it out last night but thought I was wrong so never posted a picture. I will post the picture this evening but I am pretty confident I figured it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBa9SeOJxEw

That video shows more of the layout page including a north arrow. The top of the layout is north already. Basically when I scaled it figuring that it was already turned correctly it mostly lines up with the clearing and ends up being larger than you would think. The southern tip of the coaster will be close to the treeline by the power lines. The section where the coaster looks like it is turning around something north of where the layout says Zone 3 is next to the turn on Diamondback. The line between sections 1A and 1B plus the line between sections 2 and 3 are the train tracks. At least this is the only way it makes sense to me now.

Let me make something very clear I did not use the coordinates from the blueprints. So I could still be wrong but so much lines up it makes sense to me. But I believe I have the orientation mostly correct due to the earlier video. But I could be off on scaling, or placement.

Having said that lets look at how it lines up with what is going on and where existing buildings and rides are. On Sunday I saw a line of stakes down the banks where I show the ride crossing the water. Several of the zone lines appear to line up with the train tracks, I am likely a little off on this. The section where the two sides are together are where it crosses WWC. The two boxes on this section of track are where it crosses the WWC line. The sections of track where the lines are farther apart is likely the sections where the airtime hills are. These line up with the train tracks and maintenance road. Does not touch the log flume. So is this actually correct? No clue, sorry.

Your scale looks incredibly huge. That ride drwarfs Diamondback and The Beast. It looks like the station is at least double the size of The Beast station.

Also, your video is still private only.

I did not post the video, it was public when I posted the link.

Basically your totally wrong. That is around 4000 ft of total track, you can measure it on google maps. The station in my picture is actually smaller than the station for The Beast. I can copy the station for The Beast out of the larger image and put it next to the station or overlay it on top if you need more proof.

The larger building in Zone 1A is the maintenance building. The station is the smaller of the two.

Is there a chance we are looking at that GCI-esque layout wrong, and that instead it runs parallel to the log ride? I'm trying to use Prowler as a scale model and it almost seems like it fits better orientated that direction.

Here's a mock-up I did before really scrutinizing scales.

13432386_10209712572715825_5417512657236310080_n.jpg?oh=0880465836064c773f03b6c28ca470ce&oe=580F9E98

Spent yesterday at the park and from the clearing I saw from the train this looks closer to how it will run. But needs rotated so the straight section is between the train tracks and WWC. Almost all of the trees between the WWC's station and the train tracks are gone as well as all of the trees between WWC's lake/pond and the train tracks... Seems as if the coaster will run right between the 2 attractions.

EDIT: Something like this... forgive the horrible photoshop job, I rushed it... But you can see how it would wrap around the storage shed for the trains and also if you look at the bents that are in the blueprints it looks like there could be an opening in them where the tracks pass just south of the train storage shed that seem to line up about right.

1105247830_KI2017Map.thumb.JPG.0f542be34ae0bd2c54330d5e09b3a5db.JPG

523631614_scaleKI2017.thumb.jpg.21b854f4236a937d46adb330aa5672f9.jpg

I decided to spend about 5 minutes and put this together. For anyone who doubts the size of the attraction. This just shows the Racer next to the ride and the station for The Beast next to what I believe to be the station for the new attraction. The goal is just to add a sense of scale. The orientation of the new attraction is close to correct since a video from earlier today which is no longer public shows which direction north is on the layout. Scale could be off. But for anyone who thinks this is too large, how small do you think the ride will be?