TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

For all you coaster people hoping for a giga. Just be glad you got a coaster at all. Especially a gci. Only a few years since banshee, you are lucky you will be getting one. Many other parks would wish for a gci since they don't get a coaster every 3-5 years. So don't complain about not getting a giga. Seriously you just got banshee, now you want a giga for 2017? Just be happy with what you have. KI already has a solid coaster lineup compared to other cedar fair parks. so just don't complain.

Ehh, KI might be better "park" wise, its definitely more unique and has better theming and architecture. But ride wise, CP is sill quite a ways in front. DB, Beast, Bashee and Firehawk are really the only big time attractions at KI. While CP has TTD, MF, Magnum, Valravn, Maverick, Raptor, Rougaru, and Gatekeeper. Still, both are top 5 amusement parks in the country no question, maybe even the world.

I agree completely.

PS: Is this "G Force" of "This style of realism is getting old we only like people who directly copy Robbie" fame?

Yes.

Ehh, KI might be better "park" wise, its definitely more unique and has better theming and architecture. But ride wise, CP is sill quite a ways in front. DB, Beast, Bashee and Firehawk are really the only big time attractions at KI. While CP has TTD, MF, Magnum, Valravn, Maverick, Raptor, Rougaru, and Gatekeeper. Still, both are top 5 amusement parks in the country no question, maybe even the world.

I agree completely.

PS: Is this "G Force" of "This style of realism is getting old we only like people who directly copy Robbie" fame?

Yes.

Are we talking about ne now?

For all you coaster people hoping for a giga. Just be glad you got a coaster at all. Especially a gci. Only a few years since banshee, you are lucky you will be getting one. Many other parks would wish for a gci since they don't get a coaster every 3-5 years. So don't complain about not getting a giga. Seriously you just got banshee, now you want a giga for 2017? Just be happy with what you have. KI already has a solid coaster lineup compared to other cedar fair parks. so just don't complain.

If Cedar Fair invest in Kings Island as Cedar Point, surely would a lot more money.

I speak of hotels, campsites, buy the great wolf lodge etc. the park would be No. 1 in the chain and cedar point you keep it as the island of coaster

Maybe you should just leave the investing in the hands of the financial analysts.

Where did all of these business experts come from?

If Cedar Fair invest in Kings Island as Cedar Point, surely would a lot more money.

I speak of hotels, campsites, buy the great wolf lodge etc. the park would be No. 1 in the chain and cedar point you keep it as the island of coaster

Maybe you should just leave the investing in the hands of the financial analysts.

I did not say that they do it, I said that cedar fair should do

The post you were referring to was well structured and didn't real strike me as complaining. There's nothing wrong with stating a personal opinion and basically wrapping it in compliments. There's a big difference between that and the incoherent bitching about everything that happens within the enthusiast community more often than not.

Yes.

Awesome! Hi G. I never noticed you were on TPR.

Left field, but what about the Gravity Group? They've been doing a lot of installations lately and the "leaked" layout doesn't seem as twisted as we expect a Great Coasters layout to be.

There appears to be a building around the transfer track; as far as I am aware, GCI is the only coaster company that constructs a building for the transfer and storage area. The same clue was apparent in BGW's plans.

Not to mention the fact that this footprint is extremely similar to Prowler, including an identical-looking first drop and second hill. Based on those things it's pretty clearly a GCI.

I did not say that they do it, I said that cedar fair should do

Well, just don't be surprised if you get a phone call from the top executives at Cedar Fair craving more spectacular investment advice on what they should do. Let me tell you pal, you give those guys an inch and they'll take a mile! My advice for you? Just answer the GD phone before the Cedar Fair executive chopper shows up on your front lawn and 5 guys in suits kidnap you.

Left field, but what about the Gravity Group? They've been doing a lot of installations lately and the "leaked" layout doesn't seem as twisted as we expect a Great Coasters layout to be.

Plus GG is local! Headquarters is on Vine Street in Cincinnati, just 30 minutes from the park. Think of all the spin they could put on that.

That said, the curved drop is a major weakness in any argument against it being a GCI.

Plus GG is local! Headquarters is on Vine Street in Cincinnati, just 30 minutes from the park. Think of all the spin they could put on that.

That said, the curved drop is a major weakness in any argument against it being a GCI.

Not to mention Cedar Fair has almost been working exclusively with GCI

-Renegade

-Prowler

-Gold Rusher

-Timber Wolf Rennovation

-Ghost Rider Rennovation

-Hurler Rennovation

-Hurler Rennovation

I'm still curious as to whether the log ride will be removed or not. I certainly hope it will stay. But if it is removed, hopefully there are plans for another log ride at the park in the near future.

Honestly and personally (because i work at the log flume) I really do think that the log flume will live to see another year. One of the stakes on the employee path says "Clear Land" but its closer to the train tracks than it is to the log flume. I really do hope sometime soon they decide to add the spraying coconuts and the water spitting snake or something along that back into the ride because like It's boring with just snoopy................ On the matter of under the train bridge, as i was working it yesterday i looked under the trestle and sure enough there's tree demolition, but no markers from what i saw.

Honestly and personally (because i work at the log flume) I really do think that the log flume will live to see another year. One of the stakes on the employee path says "Clear Land" but its closer to the train tracks than it is to the log flume.

Great news. Hopefully you turn out to be right.

Double post, but here's my concept based on the leaked layout.

This is a speedy, ground-hugging woodie that lasts roughly 45 seconds from the top of the lift to the brakes. It doesn't look overly intense, but it is very tight and twisty, and would make for a nice mid-size coaster for the park. I placed the coaster where I think it would go in the park (pardon the other unfinished coasters LOL). I think the lift hill would run roughly parallel to the train station while the bulk of the layout would run parallel to Diamondback.

Stats:

About 105 feet tall

Just under 3,000 feet long

Top speed of 51 mph

The ride features 15 airtime moments, and a 90 degree banked turnaround.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not claim that this is what Kings Island will be getting in 2017. It is a rough concept based purely on what has been leaked so far. For all we know those plans may not even be legit, but for now, enjoy this concept. I'd be pretty stoked if we got something similar to this.

screenshot-2016-06-13-00-29-06.thumb.png.5448de9a5a48b6642303240dc52aa4bc.png

screenshot-2016-06-13-03-09-32.thumb.png.145f34c89eb0ef61905a3d832ec7a47a.png

Edited by SFOGdude25