TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Oh, I meant to comment on this exchange...

IF there is a coaster. Don't get your hopes up.

Just goes to show you that removing your age from your profile doesn't make you older... or wiser...

^Your right, it just removes discrimination.

Honestly, nicman, I think your age being in your profile was actually a GOOD thing as far as people understanding where you're coming from is concerned... You might want to consider putting it back on there, to provide a little context regarding your posts!

One thing I wanted to clarify from my first post regarding the new coaster being a GCI, and being disappointed... Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited. If this new coaster was an exact copy of White Lightning, but through the woods, it'd already be my second or third favorite coaster at the park. So this is great news, regardless of the manufacturer!

I, too, enjoyed Kings Island more than Cedar Point. Primarily because I actually fit in the restraints of all the coasters I queued up to ride. I was walk of shamed off Millennium Force because the seat belt was about an inch shy of fastening. That pretty much put a downer on the rest of my day.

Well, if KI is getting a GCI, then I'm going to assume CW is getting that B&M Invert or Flyer in front of the park. And if GCI has a lot on their plate next year, I can see RMC working on Mean Streak. But I still don't think they're going to turn it into a hybrid like everybody thinks. As for the other project CF is doing at KD...I'm still confused about the Hurler when they say it is being done, "in house".

Kings Island is a better park that Cedar Point.

I'm dead serious.

I used to agree with this. But after my second visit this year, I'm putting Cedar Point first. Cedar Point just has more of everything. With the addition of Valravn, the soft restraints on Maverick, and Rougarou transformation...The coaster buffet is just incredible. Plus, I've yet to find any restaurant in the whole CF chain that can compete with CP's Midway Market. I think with the improvements that Matt Ouimet has made to CP over the years has put CP on top.

I'll have to visit first before I can really give unbiased input on this but I've heard that said here and there about Kings Island "overtaking" Cedar Point and it just makes no sense to me. Cedar Point is still building much faster than Kings Island (yeah they got Banshee--how are they improving faster than Cedar Point when they've essentially done three new B&Ms since Diamondback?).

Kings Island has tons of space but get this: so does Cedar Point. And Cedar Point will always be a good investment for the chain.

And to further that point, Cedar Point continues and will always be the top dog in Cedar Fair's portfolio... both from a capital expenditure and income standpoint. Yes, Kings Island might have the higher attendance, but the true metric Cedar Fair bases their investments on is per cap revenue; of which Cedar Point brings in substantially more revenue per guest compared to any other park in the chain. Of Cedar Fair's 11 parks, Cedar Point alone contributes to 25% of Cedar Fair's annual earnings.

cw has the higher attendance than both those parks. I think cp only brings in more profit than ki because of hotels.

cw would have probably brought in more profit but the exchange rates make it lower.

Well, if KI is getting a GCI, then I'm going to assume CW is getting that B&M Invert or Flyer in front of the park. And if GCI has a lot on their plate next year, I can see RMC working on Mean Streak. But I still don't think they're going to turn it into a hybrid like everybody thinks. As for the other project CF is doing at KD...I'm still confused about the Hurler when they say it is being done, "in house".

Theirfront of the park is gonna be crowded then. . .

Left field, but what about the Gravity Group? They've been doing a lot of installations lately and the "leaked" layout doesn't seem as twisted as we expect a Great Coasters layout to be.

Wouldn't that be a slap in the face? I guess bidding is bidding though. But I would think relationship wise, they would go with who they are already in the bed with when it comes to something they have already provided.

Theirfront of the park is gonna be crowded then. . .

I'm assuming you're talking about CW. If so, the rumor is Flight Deck and Time Warp are on the way out. Plop a B&M nicely right there in that spot...No crowding.

KD is a massive wildcard this year. Hurler is in serious question.

Left field, but what about the Gravity Group? They've been doing a lot of installations lately and the "leaked" layout doesn't seem as twisted as we expect a Great Coasters layout to be.

I actually had this same thought last night, though I didn't end up posting it. Gravity Group dabbles in inversions, too, so that would definitely be a - wait for it - twist, on this new wooden coaster layout for KI!

I actually had this same thought last night, though I didn't end up posting it. Gravity Group dabbles in inversions, too, so that would definitely be a - wait for it - twist, on this new wooden coaster layout for KI!

I think son of beast ruined that concept for the park . . .

I think son of beast ruined that concept for the park . . .

Eh, that was a while ago now, and was a completely different situation. I think people would be happy to have another wooden coaster with inversions at the park after losing SoB, and if the coaster as a whole was made better, and smarter, it won't have the same issues! Now, I'm not saying I think it will have inversions (or be a GG coaster), but it still is a possibility, at this point. My money is still on a Prowler-esque GCI...

I'll have to visit first before I can really give unbiased input on this but I've heard that said here and there about Kings Island "overtaking" Cedar Point and it just makes no sense to me. Cedar Point is still building much faster than Kings Island (yeah they got Banshee--how are they improving faster than Cedar Point when they've essentially done three new B&Ms since Diamondback?).

Kings Island has tons of space but get this: so does Cedar Point. And Cedar Point will always be a good investment for the chain.

And to further that point, Cedar Point continues and will always be the top dog in Cedar Fair's portfolio... both from a capital expenditure and income standpoint. Yes, Kings Island might have the higher attendance, but the true metric Cedar Fair bases their investments on is per cap revenue; of which Cedar Point brings in substantially more revenue per guest compared to any other park in the chain. Of Cedar Fair's 11 parks, Cedar Point alone contributes to 25% of Cedar Fair's annual earnings.

If Cedar Fair invest in Kings Island as Cedar Point, surely would a lot more money.

I speak of hotels, campsites, buy the great wolf lodge etc. the park would be No. 1 in the chain and cedar point you keep it as the island of coaster

Kings Island is nice and all, but CP is just on a different level. The Beast and the waterpark are the only things better at KI in my opinion.

Wait... Are you saying The Beast is better than anything at Cedar Point? Or just better than their woodies? (I'd still disagree that it's better than Blue Streak, but to each their own.) I just want to make sure before I quote your post, in proving my point in the "Most Overrated Coasters" thread about The Beast...

To be fair, I love Cedar Point and Maverick and Millennium Force are both in my top 5 coasters but the Beast at night is the best coaster experience I've ever had. During the day it's very mediocre but I'd take a Beast night ride over anything Cedar Point has and I LOVE Cedar Point. It's probably my favorite park not named Knoebels. To each his own of course.

Kings Island is nice and all, but CP is just on a different level. The Beast and the waterpark are the only things better at KI in my opinion.

Wait... Are you saying The Beast is better than anything at Cedar Point? Or just better than their woodies? (I'd still disagree that it's better than Blue Streak, but to each their own.) I just want to make sure before I quote your post, in proving my point in the "Most Overrated Coasters" thread about The Beast...

To be fair, I love Cedar Point and Maverick and Millennium Force are both in my top 5 coasters but the Beast at night is the best coaster experience I've ever had. During the day it's very mediocre but I'd take a Beast night ride over anything Cedar Point has and I LOVE Cedar Point. It's probably my favorite park not named Knoebels. To each his own of course.

Yeah, I get that, as I've mentioned before about my mind-blowing back to back night rides in the front without getting off the train! That was definitely one of my top individual experiences on a coaster, obviously! I've had amazing night rides on MF too, however, so it's close between those two even in the night ride competition. What I'd really like to do now, is get a night ride (or ten) on Fury, to compare with them! I know it's more lit up than MF or The Beast, but that lighting package is pretty sweet in its own right! Oh... And I also expect Lightning Rod at night is going to be The Beast levels of crazy-awesome!

Ehh, KI might be better "park" wise, its definitely more unique and has better theming and architecture. But ride wise, CP is sill quite a ways in front. DB, Beast, Bashee and Firehawk are really the only big time attractions at KI. While CP has TTD, MF, Magnum, Valravn, Maverick, Raptor, Rougaru, and Gatekeeper. Still, both are top 5 amusement parks in the country no question, maybe even the world.

Ehh, KI might be better "park" wise, its definitely more unique and has better theming and architecture. But ride wise, CP is sill quite a ways in front. DB, Beast, Bashee and Firehawk are really the only big time attractions at KI. While CP has TTD, MF, Magnum, Valravn, Maverick, Raptor, Rougaru, and Gatekeeper. Still, both are top 5 amusement parks in the country no question, maybe even the world.

I agree completely.

PS: Is this "G Force" of "This style of realism is getting old we only like people who directly copy Robbie" fame?

::SIGH:: I'll drop an unpopular opinion here that if this is a woodie which from the layout it's hard to argue against that I will be disappointed. Not that I won't go and ride it and love it. But IMO KI is one of the few parks that has a solid wood collection and a very weak steel collection. I sure was hoping to be spoiled with a 335ft (ya know to be taller then Fury for marketing ) B&M giga so close to home!

And I'm still hoping for Vortex to go to the scrap yard to be replaced with an amazing Mack looper like Blue Fire.

Now that I'm done dodging the rotten tomatoes being thrown! Cant wait for the announcement with stats, a 3D layout and a PoV!