TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I put this together really quickly.

Think I am still off on the scaling because I think it might be larger than that. Would require a new train shed. I could see the park using this as an excuse to change the path of the train.

I went back and looked at the satellite view again and I am positive I am wrong, or it is smaller than The Racer. Might try again later tonight.

Comparing it to Prowler, looks pretty accurate. Also shows how similar the rides are.

image.thumb.png.2a7575ff19995e161ca0fde254189af6.png

If this isn't allowed delete it. posted on Kings Island Expos's Facebook page.

[attachment=0]new coaster.jpg[/attachment]

Looks a lot like Prowler at Worlds of Fun. Since most people i know would rank that over Beast (and Golden Ticket Awards rates it over Diamondback), looks like a great fit and is a much better investment than a giga coaster in my opinion.

Also, I find it funny that Prowler is themed to a panther, and KI used a gif of a kitten for one of their teasers. Looks like Prowler is getting a sister coaster.

Prowler better than the Beast? No. imo. And I'm definitely okay with a new wooden coaster at KI. But there is nothing wrong with a giga coaster. A B&M giga at any park would be king...Especially at KI.

Everyone I've talked to that's ridden both says Prowler is better. But let's not get stuck on this issue. Both rides are incredible and are for different people.

Personally, I'm excited that CF is still investing in wooden roller coasters while other chains start to remove/convert their current woodies.

I preferred Prowler but he three people I traveled with all prefer Beast. Two even ranked Beast over Phoenix, which I thought was absolutely crazy. I only got on Beast during the day, so I missed the legendary night ride at closing. The park having both would be awesome, though.

This is what I threw together. I hate this plan but it seems plausible, The turn just fits too well and would be a great visual element.

The station in this scenario is around the same size of Diamondback's. Maybe a tiny bit shorter. I scaled the station before I put the drop where it is, its not shoehorned to fit. It just fits... and it splits perfectly to get under Diamondback's supports with an empty field waiting on the other side.

badidea.thumb.jpg.945892f8420b5da7d886cc1ce0eb5f4e.jpg

Edited by coasterbill

I think coasterbills might be the closest, but that doesn't explain the pink flags closer to the train shed.

I admit, when the season started, I really thought we were looking at a B&M Giga... I even spread the rumor a bit..but as the season progressed, I wasn't seeing any footers like we did when Banshee and Diamondback construction started, and then my thoughts came down to a GCI or family coaster.

Whatever happens, I do hope the log flume stays. I personally don't think the ride will go over the railroad tracks (by the station), I think it will be more of an entry plaza where they took out the old funnel cake stand. Thoughts?

I really want you to be right and I really want this to be the layout (from the last page) but I feel like the drop follows the midway and splits around Diamondback way too perfectly in the one I came up with... plus the ride would just be almost entirely hidden from the midway which is possible (Beast) but it certainty makes it less likely.

I really want you to be right and I really want this to be the layout (from the last page) but I feel like the drop follows the midway and splits around Diamondback way too perfectly in the one I came up with... plus the ride would just be almost entirely hidden from the midway which is possible (Beast) but it certainty makes it less likely.

Prowler's almost entirely hidden from the midway as well. I think that's what they're going for.

(I know I'm bringing up Prowler too much, but these layouts are so similar it's rediculous).

Neither of these overlays address the fact that they removed the octagonal funnel cake building earlier this year...

Mine kind of does. They're not going to put the entrance to a major coaster in the back of Planet Snoopy, so if they clear out that plaza and have the entrance parallel to the lift it makes sense.

Where was the layout even found?

It was filed with the city to get a permit. It is the same way people got the blueprints to both Diamondback and Banshee months before they were announced.

I'm sure I'll receive a ration of sh** for this, but as more of a height/speed fan I'm slightly disappointed.

1) Aside from Beast and a maybe a couple others (RMC doesn't really count), I'm not a big fan of wooden coasters.

2) I've never been on a GCI that I wanted to ride more than once or twice.

3) I've used up all of my GCI/Wooden coaster forced anticipation for our return trip to BGW....

I know I can't be completely alone on this considering a lot of people, including myself, were hoping for a Giga. I'm still looking forward to this, but only a fraction of how much I would be looking forward to getting a giga within very reasonable driving distance. On the other hand, I suppose I'm somewhat happy that Diamondback will personally remain the king of KI, for the time being.

OK, I'm done with my spoiled comment. I'll be optimistic from here on out.

I'm sure I'll receive a ration of sh** for this, but as more of a height/speed fan I'm slightly disappointed.

1) Aside from Beast and a maybe a couple others (RMC doesn't really count), I'm not a big fan of wooden coasters.

2) I've never been on a GCI that I wanted to ride more than once or twice.

3) I've used up all of my GCI/Wooden coaster forced anticipation for our return trip to BGW....

I know I can't be completely alone on this considering a lot of people, including myself, were hoping for a Giga. I'm still looking forward to this, but only a fraction of how much I would be looking forward to getting a giga within very reasonable driving distance. On the other hand, I suppose I'm somewhat happy that Diamondback will personally remain the king of KI, for the time being.

OK, I'm done with my spoiled comment. I'll be optimistic from here on out.

I think a giga would be more practical for 2018, or 2019. It's a very big investment. I think a gci would be a better fit.

Neither of these overlays address the fact that they removed the octagonal funnel cake building earlier this year...

Pretty confident that the location of the funnel cake stand will be the entrance, exit, and gift shop. There is clearing next to RFYLCB which looks like a path which I think will lead to a station behind the log flume.

Attempt number 2 at an overlay.

I think I am close on this one. The 90 degree turn out of the station is to go around the log flume. The only problem I have with this is that I am having trouble scaling the layout so I am not on top of the train tracks next to the water reservoir for WWC. But it makes sense to me and would not require the removal of any more buildings or attractions.

Entrance and exit are where the funnel cake stand used to be and follows next to the log flume between it and the train tracks. There has been clearing in this area and I was surprised at how much space there is.

I hope you're right. The entrance just seems really far from the path and the ride doesn't have any good visuals (though they can fix that problem... plus the Beast has proven that that's not entirely necessary. One thing that gives this some credibility is that the transfer track is already near a pathway that you can get vehicles on without having to build much of an access road to take trains off for winter rehab (though with my plan the pathway you have to build for the ride anyway solves that problem.

I still think I'm right, but I hope you are.

Surprised they would put another coaster there. That corner of the park is already packed with two coasters. Plus, this seems quite similar to the Beast. Will be interesting to see though. Another coaster would obviously be great even if it's not a top tier ride.

Kings Island must have a thing for traditional American wood coasters and night rides deep in the woods. Neither of which are a bad thing.

That said--interesting stuff. A more modern wood coaster could definitely benefit Kings Island, but I still wonder if it would remain overshadowed by The Beast. Unless they're going for more of a family/caters to everyone type of ride here which would make sense. Personally I'm with those that were stoked at the prospect of a B&M giga but maybe an entrance refurb/giga coaster project is another few years down the line.