TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^I guess that makes sense, I do feel kinda bad though for the other parks but at least im lucky that my home park is favorited by cedar fair.

Has nothing to do with the park being a favorite. In terms of profit the top 4 parks in order are

1. Cedar Point

2. Knott's Berry Farm

3. King's Island

4. Canada's Wonderland

The rest are not even close. These four together make around two thirds of the total profits of the chain.

I still say GCI wood coaster, or at least that's what I'm hoping for. Remember that traditional woodies are far less expensive than steel coasters, so it's not like this would be considered a mega $20-30 million investment. I would think it would be closer to $10 million. Plus it would be great for Kings Island to have a true modern woodie, one that is fast-paced and full of tight twists, turns, and airtime. Neither Racer or Beast offer that kind of experience.

If they could make a Prowler-esque coaster to give guests another crazy night ride out in the woods like The Beast (and they properly maintained it), I would be all for this versus a wing rider.

But if it were a choice between a wooden roller coaster or a giga, the giga would win hands down in my book. The world just doesn't have enough giga coasters right now and their certainly are not enough Intamin gigas!

^I guess that makes sense, I do feel kinda bad though for the other parks but at least im lucky that my home park is favorited by cedar fair.

Has nothing to do with the park being a favorite. In terms of profit the top 4 parks in order are

1. Cedar Point

2. Knott's Berry Farm

3. King's Island

4. Canada's Wonderland

The rest are not even close. These four together make around two thirds of the total profits of the chain.

Really? But CW has the most attendance than any of those parks expect Knotts. Cedar point maybe, because they have hotels. Kings island brings in more profit that cw?

Assuming that list is accurate it's probably taking into account the exchange rate with Canada's Wonderland and the strong dollar.

Since the information comes from investor information provided by Cedar Fair it is required by law to be accurate. It takes into account all expenses and would include the exchange rate. King's Island was not ahead by a lot either. Although that will change this year with the current exchange rate.

The attendance numbers are actually a lot more suspect since none of us know how they get those numbers. Cedar Fair has publicly stated they do not provide the information.

I'm still on team blitz coaster. I know it seems unlikely with Maverick so close proximity-wise, but I think a blitz through the woods would offer a really unique experience. Kings Island is probably the park in the chain that is most suited to create that experience.

I doubt that's going to happen. BUT I would say that with the winter tear down of what was in that spot, along with the park opening with fences around it... So far, that sounds a lot like Maverick's construction timeline to me.

Hmmm......

Is this a hint of some kind? I don't recall a red coaster with track like this at Kings Island.

It's totally a hint! They totally didn't just tell their marketing team "put a roller coaster and a waterslide on it" so they could use one image at all their parks. Because Cedar Fair is way too devious to ever just use some generic advertisement. Everyone knows they hide all their best clues in banner ads.

We're leaving on our epic midwest coaster trip tomorrow and will be at Kings Island on Tuesday June 14th. We didn't have the money in the budget for Fast Lane, but we are trying to have a pretty relaxed day at the park. From what I've heard it's big and will take a lot of walking, so what's the best way to optimize the day? We're driving 3-ish to the park in the morning and another suicide drive to Sandusky after we leave, so we will need to be a decent amount rested (and probably will need caffeine boosts as well). Beast, front row at night is in the plans. What's a good plan of attack to optimize the park while maintaining a decent amount of energy? (basically we're not going to do too much reriding, probably good amounts of sitting down and chilling, lots of picture taking, etc).

Ride Firehawk and Flight of Fear first, then maybe Backlot (all are next to each other) then do whatever you want and feel free to take your time. Lines will likely be manageable everywhere else. If you don't care about credits skip Invertigo and Vortex. They suck. Don't skip the Bat (it's easy to miss) or Adventure Express.

Based off a video from in-the-loop, there seems to be a large land clearing. Not allowed to give links on tpr so to find the video just search

Kings Island 2017 Falling Trees Construction Update

in google and click on the first video by in-the-loop.