TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

If hash tagging or saying 'bae' makes you cool, I'd rather be dead. I wish I had a time machine so I could go back a few generations.

To when? Slavery era? Great Depression? Come on. Sorry kids aren't all going to sock hops anymore, but if some shorthand is all it takes for you to want to head back to When America Was Great Again then please, be my guest.

"Watch for falling trees"

----------------- HOLD ON. Most of us have been assuming that those signs are hinting at a wooden roller coaster in that area and in the area currently occupied by the log flume. What if we're taking that assumption a step too far? There hasn't been any confirmation that the log flume is coming down, that's still just a rumor at this point. What if THAT'S what the sign is hinting at? That the log ride is coming down?

Just a thought I had. Sorry if it's already been said.

edit in case I wasn't clear: I don't think I made some big discovery or something, I just think we've all been really fixated on "it's a wooden or a giga," and (as far as a woody goes), I think that if the log ride is coming down, the signs probably mean that, and I don't see much of a... reason to believe at this point that it will be a wooden coaster.

^ So the log ride could close after this season and the plot could be opened up for a new addition in 2018. I haven't thought of that, and it makes sense.

I thought about that too, being for a giant 2018 attraction... but....

- Historically they don't tease two years out

- There has just been too much ground work/and building destruction and reconstruction for something opening two years from now. I'm not saying it's not possible, I just think it's too premature. Of course, it could always be a multi-year project.

- I still think the log flume's time is short... though i don't want it to be.

Turns out, after I go to Cedar Point on Friday the 3rd of June, the 4th will be a Toledo day for the whole family, and the 5th will be Kings Island because it's the other big theme park in Ohio.

1. Firehawk

2. Flight of Fear

3. Backlot Stunt Coaster

4. Beast

5. Diamondback

6. Banshee

7. Invertigo

8. Bat

9. Adventure Express

10. Racer

11. Vortex

Yeah, same questions.

1. What modifications would you recommend I make to my current idea?

2. While I won’t really be able to avoid it, do the parks put out a list/schedule online ahead of time for any rides that will be closed for annual maintenance?

3. Which coasters have single rider lines?

4. Flat ride suggestions?

5. How are operations? What coasters break down a lot and which are really good?

6. Food suggestions?

7. What coaster usually has the shortest line? How about the longest line?

8. Anything else I should keep in mind?

the 4th will be a Toledo day for the whole family

Why? Please tell me you know somebody in Toledo. Otherwise, why???

Edit: stupid suggestion retracted

1. Firehawk

2. Flight of Fear

3. Backlot Stunt Coaster

4. Beast

5. Diamondback

6. Banshee

7. Invertigo

8. Bat

9. Adventure Express

10. Racer

11. Vortex

Yeah, same questions.

1. Firehawk

2. Flight of Fear

3. Backlot Stunt Coaster

4. Beast

5. Diamondback

6. Banshee

7. Invertigo

8. Bat

9. Adventure Express

10. Racer

11. Vortex

12. Race for your life Charlie Brown

13. Sunset

14. Beast

15. Beast

16. Beast

17. Beast

18. Beast

19. Beast

20. Beast

21. Beast

Edited by coasterbill

He said June Bill.

Anyway Just make sure you do the beast at night and wait the extra time for the front seat. I enjoy all of the flats so I am of no help there just do everything you can.

Just saw Bills edited post and I can agree. My buddy and I finished out Banshee Bash with 13 straight rides on the Beast in the back. It was an amazing experience.

2. While I won’t really be able to avoid it, do the parks put out a list/schedule online ahead of time for any rides that will be closed for annual maintenance?

3. Which coasters have single rider lines?

4. Flat ride suggestions?

5. How are operations? What coasters break down a lot and which are really good?

6. Food suggestions?

7. What coaster usually has the shortest line? How about the longest line?

8. Anything else I should keep in mind?

2. No need really. The park is very good about doing maintenance when it is closed for the winter. The only ride which is still closed and I think should be open for your trip is White Water Canyon.

3. None

4. The park has several good flat rides. But you are already going to have a busy day. This is a holiday weekend and unless you get a fast lane will already have a hard time doing everything.

5. Operations are pretty good. Not amazing but better then normal so far this season. The rides are pretty reliable and are mostly rarely down.

6. Eat at Reds Hall of Fame Grill if you have the time, best food in the park, but service has been spotty. The Chicken Shack can be decent but is very hit or miss and seems worse this year. There is a buffet lunch out at the Picnic Grove this weekend due to the holiday and that should be decent but more importantly fast. Food service has been just awful all year so far. Waits are frequently 30 minutes or longer and popular locations have been over an hour most weekends so far. My guess it will be miserable trying to eat in the park this weekend at most locations.

7. Shortest line is typically Racer or The Bat. Adventure Express and Vortex both have lines that are normally not too long but more importantly they just seem to move. Longest lines are Diamondback, The Beast, Flight of Fear, and Firehawk. Banshee is typically the best operations in the park and has a shorter line in the afternoon, most sunday afternoons it has little to no line.

He said June Bill.

There should be a new rule that I can't post before downing my first cup of coffee in the morning.

This is a rule I've realized I should always adhere to when posting online, here or Facebook, in general!

Imagineer Josh, while I agree that The Beast at night is a definite must ride, and multiple rides then would be ideal, don't sleep on Banshee at night! It's also a very awesome night ride, and the queue experience then is tops of any that I've been in!

My only issue with Banshee is there's no place to store my souvenir bottle in the station while I ride. The souvenir bottle is literally the only thing I bring into the park that doesn't fit in my pockets. I hate having to spend $2 every time I ride Banshee.

water is free. Drink water and don't take the bottle.

Thanks to courtesy water cups I've never bought a souvenir bottle in my life from any park and wouldn't even if they were free. They're a pain in the ass. The only things I drink at parks are water and beer. Neither of which require a souvenir cup (though that would be kind of awesome).

The only water I will ever drink is the stuff that comes from the tap in my parents' house. They have a 300-foot well. Plus, I enjoy drinking Coca-Cola, Mello Yello, and iced tea.

Why is that? The water comes out of of the same fountains that they use to pour Coca-Cola, Mello Yello, and iced tea and those are made with that same water. What's the difference? Unless it's a taste thing I don't get it.

He said June Bill.

There should be a new rule that I can't post before downing my first cup of coffee in the morning.

This is a rule I've realized I should always adhere to when posting online, here or Facebook, in general!

Imagineer Josh, while I agree that The Beast at night is a definite must ride, and multiple rides then would be ideal, don't sleep on Banshee at night! It's also a very awesome night ride, and the queue experience then is tops of any that I've been in!

I agree with the coffee rule. Drinking my 'morning' cup right now, since I'm back on nights for the next 20 days. Blah.

Also agree with the Banshee rule. It has a great lighting package. Honorable mention goes to D-back for dusk/night rides.

water is free. Drink water and don't take the bottle.

^THIS THIS THIS. Not only are soft drinks a massive waste of money, even when you're 'saving' with the souvenir cups, but they're devastating to your health. We drink a lot of water before hand and then hit the water fountains of concessions for free water cups.

My wife has a water bottle that flattens when it's empty and she can keep it in her pocket attached to a belt loop or clip. then when she's done with the ride, she can fill it up with water and walk around with it.

Vapur.jpg.704f819c588fa6f4d3faf72e8b0e8477.jpg

Nifty