TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I'm not sold on a B&M as much as I would want it to be seeing as KI's last two coasters were manufactured by B&M. I'm convinced if it is a coaster, it'll be either a GCI, RMC, or a family coaster

I'm just not sold on a wooden coaster, yet. To me it just seems kind of odd that they would put a new 'state of the art' wooden coaster in so close to the nostalgic and awesome Beast. I also think that SOB is a little fresh in their minds. Although we know that a manufacturer like RMC would likely never be a failure like SOB, I wonder how the GP would perceive this kind of similar attraction. The last wooden coaster with inversions in this park didn't go over so well. I also feel like CP could benefit from wood or RMC more than KI. However, I suppose slapping a wooden coaster in KI might diversify the parks more and encourage traveling, as opposed to a similar attraction in every park.

On the flip side, I'd love to see a giga, but my gut tells me that it's not going to happen. Who knows at this point.

I've thought the same thing Prozach. If KI gets an RMC at any point in time, I would be very, very surprised if it had inversions. The whole SOB fiasco will be on the GP minds for a very long time. And I understand that because SOB was the first wooden coaster to go upside down so its something remarkable to remember.

^I can see the general public not liking a wooden coaster go upside down...............but keep in mind. THE WORLD has seen what RMC has done with wooden coasters so.............. Im still 45% B&M (mainly because Don himself visited Batavia recently) and 55% on a nice new Woodie/RMC Hybrid

^No, the world has not seen the beauty of RMC. It can see it but the GP cannot be expected to know this. Even if they did, they likely formed their opinions prematurely based on SOB.

It's pointless to rebuttal the guy. He's just going to continue to quote things he agrees with and post his opinion with little logic behind it. Confirmation bias

Seriously, who knows what the ride will be. And I'm taking any social media posts (especially Snapchat) with a grain of salt because KI likes to troll enthusiasts and their snapchat is the most cringy social account ever. All they do is post #goals, it's lit fam, yoloswaggybae, and other terms that are so late to the game on being relevant with any demographic.

^No, the world has not seen the beauty of RMC. It can see it but the GP cannot be expected to know this. Even if they did, they likely formed their opinions prematurely based on SOB.

It's pointless to rebuttal the guy. He's just going to continue to quote things he agrees with and post his opinion with little logic behind it. Confirmation bias

Seriously, who knows what the ride will be. And I'm taking any social media posts (especially Snapchat) with a grain of salt because KI likes to troll enthusiasts and their snapchat is the most cringy social account ever. All they do is post #goals, it's lit fam, yoloswaggybae, and other terms that are so late to the game on being relevant with any demographic.

All they do is post #goals, it's lit fam, yoloswaggybae, and other terms that are so late to the game on being relevant with any demographic.

I still don't know what half of those things mean and they're already not cool any more? Dammit getting old sucks. Oh well, KI. Don't remove the log flume for a coaster #goals log flumes are bae

How is that? Terrible? Well screw this then.

I think it means later gator. Maybe? L eight R G eight R

That's exactly what I thought it meant when I read that. Maybe they'll replace it with a new small log flume as it appears to be a family favourite at Kings Island. It originally began it's life at Coney Island in 1968 and was manufactured by Arrow Development.

KI has one of the wettest log flume rides I've ever been on. I think it should stay...But seeing how Cedar Fair is removing rides left and right out of their parks, I don't see how the log flume can survive if they've already been hinting its departure. I really think 2017 will be the year we see Cedar Fair add two brand new coasters, one in Canada's Wonderland and one at Kings Island. Although, I'm not certain KI's will be a B&M. Possibly a mid size coaster of some kind if I had to guess.

So... since it appears that flume is being removed, I feel like they wouldn't blatantly say they're removing it like they just did unless a new water ride was coming in next year to replace it. I think that's probably what's coming in 2017.

What's the name of that flume? Haven't been to the park in forever and it's not listed as an attraction anywhere.

The parks snapchat account is run by an intern. They do not know what next years attraction is and they also have no idea if something will be removed.

The ONLY place which has been hinting at anything to do with the log flume is snapchat. I would just ignore it.

It is $40.99. To see that price you go to tickets, when it takes you to the ticket portal click on the drop down for daily tickets and select bring-a-friend.

All they do is post #goals, it's lit fam, yoloswaggybae, and other terms that are so late to the game on being relevant with any demographic.

I still don't know what half of those things mean and they're already not cool any more?

If hash tagging or saying 'bae' makes you cool, I'd rather be dead. I wish I had a time machine so I could go back a few generations.

I still don't know what half of those things mean and they're already not cool any more?

If hash tagging or saying 'bae' makes you cool, I'd rather be dead. I wish I had a time machine so I could go back a few generations.

Amen.