TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

B&M needs to build their own version of an ultra intense blitz coaster

I'm one of the most unabashed B&M fans, and defenders, but even I involuntarily laughed when I read "ultra intense... coaster" there, regarding a B&M!

I still have my money on a nice GCI record breaking woodie, and a giga maybe for the 50th anniversary of the park and it goes back where the dinos are.

No offense, but I really don't see GCI breaking any records in the near future. Maybe "Most Banked Turns on a Wooden Coaster," which is a record I assume they already hold, but I don't see them going for height or speed. Also, maybe I don't pay enough attention, but Cedar Fair hasn't seemed to go big for anniversaries so I personally would not predict a large addition lining up with Kings Island's 50th.

+1. GCI has their niche, and it's not breaking height/speed records. Also, enthusiasts seem to speculate and care more about park anniversaries than parks do...

Cedar Fair does not center their attractions around anniversaries. We should already know this by now. It is fact. Ask Kings Dominion, CGA, Worlds of Fun, or Valleyfair how their anniversaries went.

Cedar Fair does not center their attractions around anniversaries. We should already know this by now. It is fact. Ask Kings Dominion, CGA, Worlds of Fun, or Valleyfair how their anniversaries went.

Cedar Fair forgot and had to sleep on the couch.

• Haha 1

Can anyone give some insight into Memorial Day weekend madness at KI? Friend and I are thinking of getting a FP+ and going on the Saturday the 28th, but I know it'll be free admission for military members. Is it worth facing the crowds assuming the weather holds out? Thanks!

Can anyone give some insight into Memorial Day weekend madness at KI? Friend and I are thinking of getting a FP+ and going on the Saturday the 28th, but I know it'll be free admission for military members. Is it worth facing the crowds assuming the weather holds out? Thanks!

If you get FL+ I would say so.

Trip report: Park sucks today. 2 hour waits on everything including food.

First time on beast. Last row; at night.

Uhhhhhh..........

Have I even lived before I road this? I am questioning my existence without this ride. It was a religious experience.

now try the front seat at night.... about 10x better than the back!

Saturday and Sunday will be PACKED while Memorial Day will be busy but more manageable. I'd still expect waits of 15-20 min even with Fast Lane on Saturday and Sunday.

Uhhhhhh..........

Have I even lived before I road this? I am questioning my existence without this ride. It was a religious experience.

Uhhhhhh..........

I'll throw another into the mix here, and add that getting to finish the night with back to back rides there without getting up, is even better!

I find this really hard to believe. There's less than two weeks till white water opens. And the train crossing AND the other half of the line isn't installed yet...... In other words, nothing has really changed at the construction site. Except for trees being demolished.

image.thumb.png.b896fecfabb414d26132813f3edacefc.png

^As long as there's not thunderstorms in the area all rides should be open. If thunderstorms are in the radius of the park (I couldnt tell you the mile radius length) they close down Banshee, Diamondback, and the Tower Rides (Eiffel, Drop, and Windseeker).

Went to the park Friday and Sunday. Friday was packed because of education days we got there around 4. Longest we waited was for Beast at night front seat. ended up being about an hour total. We rode just about everything between 4-10:30. We even walked on Firehawk which I have never had that happen. Reds Hall of Fame Grille is by far the best place to eat in the park. Sunday was cold and windy no lines for anything we took our son to play in Planet Snoopy and ended up riding just about everything there within 2 hours.

That page was there back in 2014 before Banshee was announced,that's why it says 2014 in the URL

I'm quite sure this page was created when they announced that they were renaming Flight Deck, The Bat. That would have been late 2013 or early 2014.