TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

There is one thing that I don't get about Kings Island about the wooden kiddie coaster, why did they get rid of the "Beastie" name for it? It was originally named "Scooby-Doo" before The Beast was built and after The Beast was built, it was renamed "Beastie". The name "Beastie" isn't really a Scooby-Doo reference, it was more like a kid-friendly name The Beast's "little brother".

^Beastie did had at least two tunnels at one point. But one of tunnels was removed, and then when Hanna-Barrera Land was phased out for Nickelodeon, the tunnel were removed. I don't see why Kings Island can't bring back the "Beastie" name for the wooden kiddie coaster?

Went into the park as a guest after work and saw a couple neat things. First, a new cirque show is going to start up on May 28th I believe in the kings island theater. Secondly there are about 5 different markets around flume. Three in trees and two on the ground. Also I did spot a white colored marker near the end of the train station.

image.thumb.jpeg.d0ef04170820f2b125d1e0d7635c3a3e.jpeg

I'm going to be going to Kings Island in June, and I see that they are having ERT on Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Flying Aces Aerial Chase on the day I'll be there. My question is about lockers--will they be available during ERT. If not, then is there any problem stashing a backpack on the platform on any of those?

^^ I believe that the lockers are open during ERT. Also, the rides open then for ERT all have places to put your belongings.

Note: You will need lockers for Banshee, and Firehawk.

Giga right next to Diamondback? I could see one in the back or on the other side of the park but not next to a hyper. Actually I really hope that does not happen. Just my opinion though

Giga right next to Diamondback? I could see one in the back or on the other side of the park but not next to a hyper. Actually I really hope that does not happen. Just my opinion though

Well that settles that then....

NO GIGA FOR YOU....ONE YEAR!!

Capture.JPG.aed6d541d79b15178a3dfa59eca742be.JPG

^^ I believe that the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are open during ERT. Also, the rides open then for ERT all have places to put your belongings.

Note: You will need fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo for Banshee, and Firehawk.

Good information, thank you!

I still have my money on a nice GCI record breaking woodie, and a giga maybe for the 50th anniversary of the park and it goes back where the dinos are. Also, Don helbig did just recently take a trip to Clermont Steel

Well he went to Batavia

And Clermont Steel is in Batavia

And they make B&M Track and supports......................

I still have my money on a nice GCI record breaking woodie, and a giga maybe for the 50th anniversary of the park and it goes back where the dinos are.

No offense, but I really don't see GCI breaking any records in the near future. Maybe "Most Banked Turns on a Wooden Coaster," which is a record I assume they already hold, but I don't see them going for height or speed. Also, maybe I don't pay enough attention, but Cedar Fair hasn't seemed to go big for anniversaries so I personally would not predict a large addition lining up with Kings Island's 50th.

I was there recently and noticed an empty plot of space right up against Racer and across from Shake Rattle and Roll. Was that an old ride space? How long has it been sitting there?

That spot used to be home to Flight Commander, an Intamin Flight Trainer ride and it's been vacant since they took the ride out in the mid to late 90's. There have been other minor uses on that site like an extra charge trampoline attraction back when Paramount owned the park and most recently a dinosaur themed birthday party area.

I've read that Drop Tower was supposed to go there but was moved to Action Zone. I'm hoping that a new ride will finally be added to that spot. Maybe if the Gerstlauer Sky Roller at Canada's Wonderland is a hit that would be an option.

There have been other minor uses on that site like an extra charge trampoline attraction back when Paramount owned the park and most recently a dinosaur themed birthday party area.

Dont forget about the Hamster balls to! And that would seem as a nice spot for a new flat, I mean the queue line is still there, they used it for overflow for Killmart. Does anyone else think that its possible for the Theater back in between Racer could become something like plants for zombies or the Mass Effect conversions we saw this year. Say we get a coaster, but not a GCI, or a wooden coaster at all and we get a B&M, theres some different options of types of coasters that can go in that spot. The most recent could be a wingrider, Dive, Floorless? I dont think they would go with a stand up unless they wanted King Cobra 2.0

ALSO the park did state that This Friday, from 10:30 - Midnight gold passholders have ERT on The Bat and Banshee and can also go through..................................BLACKOUT (Which I've heard is the best haunt maze in the area!)

I'm definitely on team bring-a-sky-roller-to-the-old-flight-commander-spot, because those rides are loads of fun. As for the spot where construction is actually taking place... is a blitz coaster a possibility? The "falling trees" sign could be a red herring, and that would be a pretty good spot for something like that...

^ that would be a good idea. And if the log ride was to be removed , maybe a turn like maverick like with the fountains? I just think it'll be something by B&M since don just recently visited clermont steel. As long as it's a coaster I can marathon on I'll be fine with it lol.

I still have my money on a nice GCI record breaking woodie, and a giga maybe for the 50th anniversary of the park and it goes back where the dinos are.

No offense, but I really don't see GCI breaking any records in the near future. Maybe "Most Banked Turns on a Wooden Coaster," which is a record I assume they already hold, but I don't see them going for height or speed. Also, maybe I don't pay enough attention, but Cedar Fair hasn't seemed to go big for anniversaries so I personally would not predict a large addition lining up with Kings Island's 50th.

+1. GCI has their niche, and it's not breaking height/speed records. Also, enthusiasts seem to speculate and care more about park anniversaries than parks do...