TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I'm starting to believe that both KI and WoF are getting dark rides considering they are both starting construction at the same time. I mean, possibly it could be a coincidence, but I just find it weird that they both are teasing and starting construction within the same week.

Oh god yes... Please please please let it be a darkride. If KI gets a new coaster before we do I just might boycott all CF parks

I'm starting to believe that both KI and WoF are getting dark rides considering they are both starting construction at the same time. I mean, possibly it could be a coincidence, but I just find it weird that they both are teasing and starting construction within the same week.

Oh god yes... Please please please let it be a darkride. If KI gets a new coaster before we do I just might boycott all CF parks

Lol calm you saggy tits. Canada's Wonderland has gotten Behemoth, Leviathan and Wonder Mountain's Guardian in less than a decade. That's more than most Cedar Fair parks, let alone parks in general. In that same span, Cedar Point has gotten Gatekeeper and Valravn. No reason to be greedy, Wonderland will get it's coaster soon, just be patient.

Lol calm you saggy tits. Canada's Wonderland has gotten Behemoth, Leviathan and Wonder Mountain's Guardian in less than a decade. That's more than most Cedar Fair parks, let alone parks in general. In that same span, Cedar Point has gotten Gatekeeper and Valravn. No reason to be greedy, Wonderland will get it's coaster soon, just be patient.

Plus now we know Kings Island makes up a bigger piece of the Cedar Fair revenue pie

I know this seems out of left field for a rumor, but could this possibly be Cedar Fair's first RMC coaster? They at least do three coasters a year, and not many Six Flags parks seem to be jumping for them in the next season, as well as any other park in the U.S, even if it is still extremely early in the season.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I guess we'll find out whats going on when

1) RMC needs land surveyors and they show the three locations people will be placed (If its leaked like it was last year)

AND

2) When ever the construction starts and they start digging up dirt and pouring concrete, which might not be till June.

Im like 55% Giga, 45% Woodie. Either way if its a new coaster ill Be happy lol

How's this park when it comes to rain? I have a trip planned for Saturday, but the forecast shifted and it's now calling for 100% chance of rain (no thunder/lightning, though). Are they as touchy as Cedar Point or a little more lax on the matter?

Everything should still remain open, however in extended rain fall....

The Bat typically goes to 1 train operation

Vortex goes to 2 train operation.

Flying Ace, Surf Dog, and Viking Fury will likely be closed for rain.

On occasion Firehawk will close for rain, however in recent years it has been open.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip.

I'm leaning 60% giga, 40% GCI woodie

If i'm not mistaken Cedar Fair said in a USA Today article that they would test the waters with GCI and RMC... I may be hopeful but don't count out RMC just yet

Praying to god they RMC Hurler then.

If KI really is getting a giga, I honestly think they should experiment and have Mack Rides build it (if they're willing). It would be great cross between I305 and Leviathan.

If i'm not mistaken Cedar Fair said in a USA Today article that they would test the waters with GCI and RMC... I may be hopeful but don't count out RMC just yet

If KI really is getting a giga, I honestly think they should experiment and have Mack Rides build it (if they're willing). It would be great cross between I305 and Leviathan.

That would be something, has Mack done a giga? I think they've built Hypers, A giga would be cool though, and the cars dont have OTSR!!

That would be something, has Mack done a giga? I think they've built Hypers, A giga would be cool though, and the cars dont have OTSR!!

I've always imagined Mack building a giga. I'm sure it would be one the most unique, kick-a$$ coasters out there.

Everything should still remain open, however in extended rain fall....

The Bat typically goes to 1 train operation

Vortex goes to 2 train operation.

Flying Ace, Surf Dog, and Viking Fury will likely be closed for rain.

On occasion Firehawk will close for rain, however in recent years it has been open.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip.

Thank you!

How does rain affect crowds here? I was thinking of holding off on buying FLP until I get there and avoiding the online processing fee (I know, cheapness ). I probably won't be arriving at the park until 11 or 12, so riding everything early won't be an option.