TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I was told a chunk of Action Zone was getting the boot as part of the Giga plan when I first heard of it a couple months ago and that the drop tower and inverted boomerang are on their way out, but hey, who knows.

It is the first park in the chain to start teasing for 2017 right? It's gotta be a pretty big investment whatever it is.

I think Busch Gardens Williamsburg wins that one.

Yeah that's why I said in the chain (CF).

Oh oops... That's what I get for not reading...

I was told a chunk of Action Zone was getting the boot as part of the Giga plan when I first heard of it a couple months ago and that the drop tower and inverted boomerang are on their way out, but hey, who knows.

There's no way the drop tower is on its way out, I really don't believe this will be a giga.

It is the first park in the chain to start teasing for 2017 right? It's gotta be a pretty big investment whatever it is.

I think Busch Gardens Williamsburg wins that one.

Yeah that's why I said in the chain (CF).

Oh oops... That's what I get for not reading...

Oh no problem.

There's no way the drop tower is on its way out, I really don't believe this will be a giga.

Drop Tower would be a terrible loss to the park. That is one of the best non-coaster rides they have. Vortex is the one that should be on its way out and replaced with something... Maverick 2.0!

Drop Tower would be a terrible loss to the park. That is one of the best non-coaster rides they have. Vortex is the one that should be on its way out and replaced with something... Maverick 2.0!

Vortex is easily one of my favorite coasters in the park and one of my favorite loopers overall. I hope it lives forever!

Yikes, that's news I haven't heard before. I trust your posts, though I'm very nervous to hear about Drop Zone! That tower is incredible.

I have fond memories of Vortex...but not in the past 5 years. That thing needs to go

I'm just wondering, do you work for the park?

Me thinks sarcasm..

Me thinks sarcasm..

Oh, me too now

Not telling you it is or isn't, just that birdies told me last year that they were getting a gate coaster similar to Fury 325 and those two rides were peace'ing out. Is it bad info and they're actually getting a interlocking Meisho shuttles? Bro, don't know. The source was above average; can't remember him being wrong when it comes to declarative stuff.

that birdies told me last year that they were getting a gate coaster similar to Fury 325

Here's why you shouldn't listen to birds. Kings Island has one of the best front gates of any park. A gate coaster isn't going to happen here.

Some guy named Matt said the same thing.

“Now, if I could rewind history, would I do them at the front of every Cedar Fair park?” Ouimet said. “Probably. But it’s not going to happen.”

While several parks with beautiful promenade entrances like Canada’s Wonderland and Kings Island will never get gate coasters, Ouimet said a couple more Cedar Fair parks will eventually get “Deckerated.”

From what i get here is that some parks may not get the Fury 325 or gatekeeper look, but eventually they will get some type of "gate" coaster.

Maybe get a new entrance plaza with a coaster that goes near the entrance but not like gatekeeper or fury like. Something like the photo above.

A friend of mine made this a few months back, would fit perfectly and require nothing to be removed.

That is actually a really cool concept! I like it! I've always imagined a giga going toward the back, over and around DA. I never imagined one looking that good toward the front until now!

Why do you guys want a giga coaster so badly at this park?

Because three other CF parks have Gigas so it's the "trend" and "this park is bound to get another coaster now because dirt has been moved."