TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I thought the old KI Resort was sold when Paramount came into the picture. As dated as it might have been it will be strange not seeing it there this year.

I believe you are correct sir.

Something that I have been kinda baffled at, is why cedar fair did not take advantage of the Opportunity to have a resort of there own like cp has. Either modernize the hotel, or level it and build a new one. That was prime Real estate being right across the street from the park.

I'm glad that resort is gone. Stayed there once and it was probably the worst hotel I've ever been in. Stained floor,fdirty, cheap. It looked like it hadn't been touched since the 70's. The fact that they were allowed to use the name "resort" is beyond misleading. As the park continues to pull in massive crowds, build up the waterpark, and add new attractions it's beyond me why they haven't established their own landmark hotel/property.

As the park continues to pull in massive crowds, build up the waterpark, and add new attractions it's beyond me why they haven't established their own landmark hotel/property.

I would imagine that their analysis has shown the source of residency for visitation is too local to warrant an investment in a resort. I would bet the bulk of their attendance is from those fairly large markets that are 60-90 minutes away (Indy, Columbus, Dayton, and Cincy which is much closer), and are a segment looking to make a day trip versus a regional vacation.

I wonder what else they could have done with the land that Great Wolf Lodge has today. Maybe put some nice peddle boats and a lake there, Coney Island has that, and its a lot of fun! It would probably be pretty expensive to buy the property's around the park if they ever wanted to expand it more. When did Great Wolf Lodge buy the land?

So most likely I'll be moving to Ohio later this year, making KI my new home park. I've always had SFDK as my home park so I've never bought a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass. I had a Gold Pass at CGA a few years ago but that's been my extent of Cedar Fair pass ownership. Since Cedar Point doesn't seem too far away and there are other Cedar Fair parks within a drive of less than I take to get to SFMM now, I'm definitely planning on purchasing a Platinum Pass.

However, I have admittedly no idea how a Platinum Pass works. Are there special perks for buying it at your "home park" vs any Cedar Fair park? Do perks like early entry work at any Cedar Fair park, or just the one you processed the pass at? Is there a special time of year when they go on sale or it's best to buy them?

It doesn't matter where you get the pass, a Platinum Pass is a Platinum Pass and you get all the benefits that come along with it at every park including early entry / pass holder preview days... anything like that.

We have Kings Island passes and used them just a few weeks ago for Kings Dominion pass holder preview day and we use them every year for Cedar Point early entry.

Not sure about sales...

Yep, all Platinum Passes and their benefits transfer from park to park.

It's not limited to one park like a Six Flags season pass is. You'll just have to check each park's website to see what sort of benefits you'll receive as each park has different ones. Essentially, at every park you'll receive a 10% discount on food and merch, free parking, and some sort of early entry, whether it's on certain rides in the morning or early access to certain water park attractions. Other things that are included are bring-a-friend days, free Dinosaurs Alive, and discounts on up-charge attractions.

You can pull up the list of the benefits for each park by going to their website and under the "Plan a Visit" tab and click on "Season Pass Benefits" or "Platinum Pass Benefits."

Yep, all Platinum Passes and their benefits transfer from park to park.

It's not limited to one park like a Six Flags season pass is. You'll just have to check each park's website to see what sort of benefits you'll receive as each park has different ones. Essentially, at every park you'll receive a 10% discount on food and merch, free parking, and some sort of early entry, whether it's on certain rides in the morning or early access to certain water park attractions. Other things that are included are bring-a-friend days, free Dinosaurs Alive, and discounts on up-charge attractions.

You can pull up the list of the benefits for each park by going to their website and under the "Plan a Visit" tab and click on "Season Pass Benefits" or "Platinum Pass Benefits."

Actualy... with the exception of the dinning plan, a six flags pass is almost the same. A six flags pass includes admission to all six flags parks, parking at all six flags parks, discounts, and a few other perks. With that being said, the cedar fair platinum pass is great! We have been platinum pass holds for the past 7 or 8 years. If there was one complaint we had about the platinum pass it would be the high price for a family of 5. Basically, the cost of our platinum passes is about the same as a Disney vacation only we get to use the passes all summer as opposed to a week at Disney.

Have fun with your pass, and make sure you visit cedar point as well. It's only a 3.5-4 hour drive from kings island, and one of the best parks around.

So most likely I'll be moving to Ohio later this year, making KI my new home park. I've always had SFDK as my home park so I've never bought a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass. I had a Gold Pass at CGA a few years ago but that's been my extent of Cedar Fair pass ownership. Since Cedar Point doesn't seem too far away and there are other Cedar Fair parks within a drive of less than I take to get to SFMM now, I'm definitely planning on purchasing a Platinum Pass.

However, I have admittedly no idea how a Platinum Pass works. Are there special perks for buying it at your "home park" vs any Cedar Fair park? Do perks like early entry work at any Cedar Fair park, or just the one you processed the pass at? Is there a special time of year when they go on sale or it's best to buy them?

I really don't think there is much of a difference where you buy it. I think some of the smaller Cedar Fair parks have the Platinum a bit cheaper just because they are so far from any other cedar fair property... but I would have to look at each park separately. I do know is it's cheaper to buy at the end of the season rather than the beginning.

Oh, and coming from Cali, prepare to have your mind blown on how much cheaper things are in Ohio.

Thanks for all the help, guys! Guess I'll buy one at the next Cedar Fair park I visit, which may end up being KI. All the benefits sound great and definitely worth the higher cost in the end. My Six Flags Gold Pass benefits (like BAFF days) are really only valid at my home park, so I'm glad that I might be able to get friends into Cedar Point even if I buy my pass at KI.

Hint hint to my friends who I have been pressuring to visit Ohio with me

Oh, and coming from Cali, prepare to have your mind blown on how much cheaper things are in Ohio.

I was already blown away when I looked at apartments in the area and how much cheaper they were for more amenities. Definitely excited for that

Is anybody going to be at the park this Friday for the passholder preview? I will be in Dayton Wednesday-Sunday and was thinking about making a trip to Kings Island Friday afternoon if anybody wanted to meet up!

I went on opening day last year just for a few hours and couldn't believe the crowds! It was a great first visit and I'm hoping to get the ride on Diamondback that I sadly missed.

Is anybody going to be at the park this Friday for the passholder preview? I will be in Dayton Wednesday-Sunday and was thinking about making a trip to Kings Island Friday afternoon if anybody wanted to meet up!

I went on opening day last year just for a few hours and couldn't believe the crowds! It was a great first visit and I'm hoping to get the ride on Diamondback that I sadly missed.

I am going as a guest on Friday, but will be working at Banshee on Saturday morning.

I believe preview day is for those who renewed their passes before a certain date last season.

The park is open to the general public on Saturday, but is closed for a private event on Sunday, as per tradition of opening weekend.

I am going as a guest on Friday, but will be working at Banshee on Saturday morning.

I believe preview day is for those who renewed their passes before a certain date last season.

The park is open to the general public on Saturday, but is closed for a private event on Sunday, as per tradition of opening weekend.

I renewed my Platinum Pass back in October so I should meet the deadline. If something comes up and I miss on Friday night I'll definitely be there first thing Saturday morning for a few hours!

^^ I still think that it is a major sin to call it Festhaus and not feature German food, beer or music.

Why not just rename it: 'The Building Featuring Miscellaneous Country/Rock Shows with American Cafeteria-Style Dining'?