TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Just came across this photo from about 5 days ago.

I think my favorite part of March is watching the leaves change color. Awesome picture! Next weekend we're going leaf-peeping. I hope I'm not disappointed. That picture set the bar really high for March foliage.

I think my favorite part of March is watching the leaves change color. Awesome picture! Next weekend we're going leaf-peeping. I hope I'm not disappointed. That picture set the bar really high for March foliage.

Me thinks there's a little bit of sarcasm here...

I've been keeping an eye on the land clearing as well but looking back in this thread the same parcel of land was cleared when Banshee opened. I have no idea what it could be, if anything.

Son Of Beast 2.0 brought to you by RMC.

For the record, that photo was taken in Fall of 2014 with a drone the park used.

I'm still keeping my eye on the area where the old funnel cake stand was. They built a whole new funnel stand, are moving the basketball throw under Diamondback's helix as well as putting a new soccer game next to it. And they also are redirecting the entrance (and i think exit) for the rapids ride, so something is happening with a good-sized plot of land in rivertown.

Kings Island was designated as StormReady by the National Weather Service. It's a process that ensures the quality of their plans for preparedness, communication, shelter and safety during severe weather. They join a few other Cedar Fair parks with the designation, including Cedar Point.

Press release from Kings Island / Press release from the NWS

As I broke the news yesterday on my facebook page, "Kings Island: Past Present and Future", KI has posed the new park map.

Noticeable things are the new games under Diamondback's helix before the splashdown, the new funnel cake stand, tropical plunge, new FunPixâ„¢ locations... and a big empty space where old funnel cake stand was in rivertown.

www.visitkingsisland.com/plan-a-visit/park-map

New map design looks nice! But a new coaster in rivertown?............I cant see it.

I'm not guessing we'll see a Rivertown coaster either, but I'm definitely guessing that there's a good chance we could see a Gerstlauer Sky Roller like Canada's Wonderland is getting this year.

Photo creds to the parks twiter! Slide pieces leading out of the splash pools have been installed!

^Honestly i can possibly see that. Mainly because CW is like a testing ground for Cedar Fair. Im still kinda wishing maybe they bring back a newer version of an old ride people loved back in the 70's, Like a rotor, an enterprise, or antique cars.

*Edit 3/26/2016 Just found a couple more recent picture (yes its recent) that a friend reposted from the KIGames twitter page. Looks like the games this year will be going digital!

Also found on Greg Scheid's twitter that the restrooms across from Hank's burrito shack (near the beginning of Coney Mall by Racer) is being completely updated.

File_000.thumb.jpeg.0bb5d541fe287abc92f3dae33953e0d6.jpeg

CeGHgSjWwAAnXNE.thumb.jpg.5f9b338401dbdc9f8bc6c281c6ff3161.jpg

EDIT 3/26/2016 Photo cred to Greg Scheid's twitter.

CeQHLVsWIAALJrK.thumb.jpg.cb4b6a9a5ff23258d8d5ff6bf27bc388.jpg

EDIT 3/26/2016 Photo cred to KIGames on twitter

• 2 weeks later...