TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Is something changing with the Fast Lane system at Kings Island? It's been taken off their website entirely and I was wondering about the pricing structure for trip planning. On all the other Cedar Fair websites it's just listed as unavailable until closer to the season starts when pricing is releases, but on their site it's removed completely.

Hmm...Is Kings Island Hinting at an iSpeed clone?

It's just some sort of stock image I think. That or CP and KI decided they're getting similar coasters.

And I think like every other Cedar Fair Park too

Yes, this picture was used for all American Cedar Fair parks to advertise the Presidents Day Weekend Sale. So, I don't gather any speculations or rumours here unless Dorney Park is getting this coaster as well...

371039356_PresidentsDayweekendsale.PNG.f5497d25f379763d0a0c58c2a43bbe4f.PNG

From the "I can't find it" Dept...

For next year's (2017) plans, I am "thinking about" getting to Coasterstock.

Does it run after or before Memorial Day Weekend, usually? Thanks in advance.

You just have to love the mind games parks play on us. I know the one with framework is for a new funnel cake stand. But the one clear over by Diamondback's helix? Hm No Clue. I know it cant be for white water. Maybe they're finally doing something with the old Tomb Raider Building! photo creds to the park

In other news i have heard that slide pieces have been moved to the Soak City Parking lot so its just a matter of time before (if they havent already) begin to be placed.

IMG_2302.thumb.JPG.4dde84ec2494236b5a15c12c4e3aa299.JPG

Funnel Cake Stand in rivertown progress

IMG_2303.thumb.PNG.050e1ac7e01e70bc468a7c5cb9042660.PNG

Mysterious Construction.................

I feel like the parks putting in new thrill/family rides this year. I mean they've asked multiple times about rides people miss. Im just hoping they do something with Tomb Raiders old building. All its used for now its a haunt maze and i think Haunt storage.

Also couple things to note (Refer to attached images):

-A new basketball game is being constructed underneath Dback's helix (Photo Cred to the parks instagram)

-A friend of mine sent me a picture today of the progress on Tropical Plunge and you can see that no slide pieces have been installed yet but they are putting the top floor in place for the trap door slides

- Looks to be some land clearing back behind FOF and Firehawk..... MAYBE for a new coaster but who knows. I do know the park would not build flat rides or something all the way back there and make guests walk a long way to an attraction like that............oh wait they did that with Top Gun/Flight deck/ The Bat

-Progress on the new funnel cake stand is progressing well (Photo creds to the parks instagram)

-No updates have been posted about the new entrance/exit for WWC OR no updates on the new soccer stars game being installed in Rivertown

IMG_2325.thumb.PNG.2e90ed99ea88609656a0331b4598ee90.PNG

IMG_2328.thumb.JPG.ac2373e0b488e878a3a0538c9e8a7ba7.JPG

IMG_2315.thumb.PNG.254f0beffaa847f545812ee328e46ece.PNG

IMG_2332.thumb.PNG.29a0bba6542ddac290769b7441302313.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm planning to visit KI this June and not having been there I went through POV videos on Youtube and prioritised the rides as per below.

You will probably get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer from the list - that said, I may have missed some good stuff so it would be appreciated if you guys can make recommendations and reasons why. Note that I'll be visiting a bunch of other parks so you will come across similar posts elsewhere - and I had a feedback that one couldn't get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer, I guess probably because it's only small sample of rides I listed for a specific park but if you look through my other posts you would get there (IMO, that is) - regardless, any feedback is welcome.

1. Diamondback

2. Vortex, Banshee

3. Firehawk, The Bat

4, Backlot Stunt Coaster

5. The Beast, Invertigo

6. The Racer, Adventure Express

Cheers,

Sam

^^Are you doing this in every thread. Stop it. It'll make you do things like think Vortex is the second best coaster in the park. That ride is a sh*t show. POV's will tell you nothing. For a more accurate experience have a friend hit you in the head with a baseball bat multiple times as you watch the Vortex POV.

Anyway the best ride in the park (actually the entire world) is the Beast at night in row 1. Since you want POV's, here's an exclusive POV of the Beast at night. Stare at this for 6 minutes.

Anyway the best ride in the park (actually the entire world) is the Beast at night in row 1. Since you want POV's, here's an exclusive POV of the Beast at night. Stare at this for 6 minutes.

dead-laughing-o.gif.23e450672321b94c62dbc53d39d063b8.gif

This might seriously be the best post I've ever seen on this entire forum.

Between this and the CP thread, you're my favorite person on this site today.