TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I really hope Kings Island does something with that show building in the next 5 years, whether it be they put a dark ride in there or tear it down completely. Putting a haunt attraction in there and calling it a day is not enough when the space is that huge.

Maybe they could put another Top Spin ride in there but, of a smaller scale. Or a nice dark ride or a coaster would fit in there quite nicely. It's hard to say what they'll do with the building. All I know is that is was a slight eyesore when I had visited the park in July of 2014. But, the rest of the park was beautiful!

Don't expect any giant ride to fit inside of this such as a Top Spin, let alone Cedar Fair purchasing another one. Remember, the building was built around the ride and there's only 2 standard sized industrial garage doors leading into the building.

I would not be surprised if the Tomb Raider/Crypt building becomes home to Kings Island's entry into the Amusement Dark portfolio though. It's already partially themed and has plenty of room to do some sort of extensive dark ride (think a combination of Guardian's coaster track system and Voyage's theming) so this has the potential to be a great spot for it.

Which is better, Firehawk or Vortex?

I'm in the minority that still really likes Firehawk. Vortex I IMO was running like crap last year

I couldn't agree more. I actually really like Firehawk and it's one of the only coasters that makes me say, "Oh $hit!" Vortex, on the other hand, flat out sucks. It's the roughest coaster in Ohio. I'd take a ride on Mean Streak any day before Vortex.

I'm in the minority that still really likes Firehawk. Vortex I IMO was running like crap last year

I couldn't agree more. I actually really like Firehawk and it's one of the only coasters that makes me say, "Oh $hit!" Vortex, on the other hand, flat out sucks. It's the roughest coaster in Ohio. I'd take a ride on Mean Streak any day before Vortex.

I'm in the minority of Mean Streak likers too lol

Edited by bluestreak

I would love to see Vortex removed for a modern looper, maybe something from Mack.

Firehawk will always hold a special place in my heart because I was on the ride's crew in 2001 when it was X-Flight at SFWoA/GL. I take one spin on it every year for nostalgia.

Vortex I'll never waste my time on again, even if they announced 2016 was it's last season.

I'm in the minority of Mean Streak Lakers too lol

I think you might be one of the only "Mean Streak Lakers." I don't know that I could name any others, come to think of it.

I'm in the minority of Mean Streak Lakers too lol

I think you might be one of the only "Mean Streak Lakers." I don't know that I could name any others, come to think of it.

You know what I meant hahahaha

There I fixed it lol