TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Wow I'm actually kinda surprised they took that building down. It seemed like one of those parts of the park that would never be touched. Not a huge deal. Part of me wants to see the antique cars return over there where White Water Canyon's queue is. It's a really pretty area that feels more like a walking trail state park than a theme park. Not sure how likely that would be though.

This is pretty interesting, I wonder what they are doing. Hope they announce soon! Talking about the Antique Car's, did you vote yesterday on Kings Island's Twitter account? They had a poll on what was the most missed ride, the Antique Car's won, followed by the Skyride.

No Need to fear about a new ride! They just tweeted about the thing that will go in its place (Judging by the demolition and everything)! The park is adding a new game to Rivertown called Soccer Challenge. If I do remember correctly, didnt they use to have A football game, a soccer game, and a baseball game in coney mall?

soccer_2015.jpg.8a2934f31488d82a9e36d6a19fdb672c.jpg

I'm kind of surprised that building was razed yet the last thing that area needs is another game stall. If it wasn't for that area being the entrance and exit for White Water Canyon a nice flat ride would be nice right there since there are no rides between Diamondback and Beast since the crappy Crypt was removed (not counting the KI & MV RR).

I'm kind of surprised that building was razed yet the last thing that area needs is another game stall. If it wasn't for that area being the entrance and exit for White Water Canyon a nice flat ride would be nice right there since there are no rides between Diamondback and Beast since the crappy Crypt was removed (not counting the KI & MV RR).

Maybe they wanted to put a flat ride in but maybe waited a bit too long thus they are putting in the soccer thing as a filler until a year or two from now when they can get things worked out in a more timely manner to put in a flat ride.

I wonder if the removal of the Funnel Cake building is early development of a new attraction, or if it will simply be replaced by a new food/retail building. Time will tell. On the speculation side, it is a decent enough size plot for a Dark Ride building, and supposedly CF wants to put one in every park. Granted they already have one at KI.

I wonder if the removal of the Funnel Cake building is early development of a new attraction, or if it will simply be replaced by a new food/retail building. Time will tell. On the speculation side, it is a decent enough size plot for a Dark Ride building, and supposedly CF wants to put one in every park. Granted they already have one at KI.

Or a questionable upcharge soccer game. Just a hunch.

How scary or fun is firehawk? Can you tell your on ride experiences?

I preferred X-Flight, but that is another story.

The line is slow, and loading can take a while. The lift is loud, and the brakes send blood towards your head. But the ride between those points is quite fun.

Yup, I might go. They added some rides to ERT that wasn't there last year, but took away the Banshee behind the scenes. I was hoping they would add another behind the scene's event to one of the other coaster's or take us to the 50th foot floor on the Eiffel Tower.

You can always place those in the suggestion box, many times parks get their ideas for coaster enthusiast events from the attendees. Just have to do it in a non-demanding way of "The event was amazing this year, really glad I came and the backstage tour of Beast was really awesome. Do you think it might be possible to do a backstage tour of next year? I've always wanted to see it from a different perspective" Never hurts to ask and I've gotten some things added to local events by just doing the above.

Yup, I might go. They added some rides to ERT that wasn't there last year, but took away the Banshee behind the scenes. I was hoping they would add another behind the scene's event to one of the other coaster's or take us to the 50th foot floor on the Eiffel Tower.

There might be some surprises in store that aren't listed out.

What is there to see on the 50 ft platform? I say go all out and request to see the roof!