TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It was just a little welding being done. I can give you this info with 100% confidence as it was my buddy who did the welding.

I thought it was just maintenance. Thanks for the information.

Doesn't welding fall under the "maintenance" category...?

It was just a little welding being done. I can give you this info with 100% confidence as it was my buddy who did the welding.

I thought it was just maintenance. Thanks for the information.

Doesn't welding fall under the "maintenance" category...?

Yes, it does. Who suggested otherwise?

• 2 weeks later...
How do the restraints work on the firehawk? I was wondering because the restraints look different than most coaster restraints. Can someone explain how the restraints work and how they are put on?

There is a vest that you put on like a jacket. You sit back in the reclined seat and put your left arm through the left side and your right arm through the right side. There are clasps that connect the front I believe. It is very similar to putting on an actual vest. Then there is also a lap bar that is a T bar I think with something to secure your ankles as well.

I think I got that right.

The restraints are complex and why it takes a half hour to get on the ride when the line isn't even out of the station.

Firehawk is underrated

I agree 100%. Firehawk was by far one of the biggest surprise of the park when we went. We had heard nothing but horror stories about how awful this ride was, and it ended up being one of our favorites. We rode it more than Banshee if that says anything about how much we liked it.

The initial flip-over is a freaky, unique experience but I do not enjoy the restraints, laying on my back facing the sun, or any other part of the ride.

I think the barrel rolls are a big downgrade from the corkscrews on Carowinds' Nighthawk/BORG/Stealth. I thoughts the corkscrews were really fun.

I'd like to confess that this is the first season that I did not visit Kings Island since I moved away. I'm excited to visit next year!

^I enjoy the ride, I just can't stand the wait to ride it. The juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

I can agree with you on that! For anyone who has NEVER been to KI and they get there at opening, be sure to go back and hit FOF and Firehawk first. The ride is kind of in need of a new coat of paint in some places though. You can start to see a lot of green on the track.

Also has anyone attended the ACE lunch at the park today? I didn't catch the signups for it and was wondering if anyone had snagged any pictures of construction so far.

Nighthawk (which was Vekoma's prototype model relocated from CGA) has not held up well at all. I used to prefer its corkscrews over Firehawk's inline rolls, that day is long gone. Firehawk is still pretty decent, but only having been on the Superman model I still prefer the B&M flyers for their pretzel rolls which are basically a trump card. And while I can barely process waiting for Firehawk more than once in a single visit, I think we can all agree a fresh coat of paint is needed!

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't have any issues with the wait time. Then again we used FL+ and we didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes for it when we were there... Except for the time it broke down. With that being said,I can see why the wait time would be long in the standby line. The main cause for the long wait it seems is just how challenging it is for people to get into the seats, and get them all locked properly.

I do not enjoy the restraints.

This is my only problem with Vekoma Flyers, the restraints are a bit weird. Oh and the obnoxiously loud anti roll backs. Other than that, they're fun rides. It's such a shame that Vekoma only made three of these as they seem to be some of their best products.