TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I'm glad to hear that because I was about to ask about the flume. There's no reason for a log flume to close in October like the other water rides. You still get plenty of hot days and while you may not want to get soaked, a standard log flume is perfect.

We were looking into going to KI on the first weekend of October, but we couldn't find any fast lane options. Does KI not sell (non haunt related) fast lane passes during the haunt?

Edit: I just did it myself and it let me purchase fast lane plus for the first weekend in Oct. My wife must have messed something up.

If you've seen Diamondback's line and ridership numbers, you'd think that's where they're headed.

And not that it means much or anything but KI is now the biggest park in the CF chain that can have a giga but doesn't.

I'm guessing 2019.

If you've seen Diamondback's line and ridership numbers, you'd think that's where they're headed.

And not that it means much or anything but KI is now the biggest park in the CF chain that can have a giga but doesn't.

Toss Knotts in that mix, but that's going to be a rumor forever. Even if Knotts were to get a Giga coaster, there would still be Giga coaster rumors floating around

We'll see. The time between DB and Banshee was five years but the park was in need of a substantial replacement for Son of Beast. Could have changed things in ways we don't know. 2017 or 2018 wouldn't surprise me.

There's zero percent chance of 2017 or 2018. 2019 at the earliest.

Honestly. I've talked to supervisors at rides I've worked at about this and one has said that Congo falls will be on its way out in one to two years and they're going to put in a giga in its place along with a new entrance. Personally I can't see another coaster going in near banshee and action Zone. But time will tell. And for those who don't believe my sources (workers) I was told by a supervisor from train in June that we where getting watersides. And it turned out to be true. ...

Honestly. I've talked to supervisors at rides I've worked at about this and one has said that Congo falls will be on its way out in one to two years and they're going to put in a giga in its place along with a new entrance. Personally I can't see another coaster going in near banshee and action Zone. But time will tell. And for those who don't believe my sources (workers) I was told by a supervisor from train in June that we where getting watersides. And it turned out to be true. ...

I actually believe you on this one.

I think a Giga coaster is the next logical option, just not in 2017.

I agree 100%. I think a Giga coaster is the next logical option for Kings Island, I too agree it won't be in 2017. Maybe 2018? However we could be surprised!! Maybe 2017 will have a Giga in store for us!

I'm going to assume that the next big attraction KI adds will include an entrance renovation like Carowinds and CP, Kings Island might have the ugliest entrance for any park in the United States and desperately needs updating.

Personally I'd prefer an Intamin giga over a B&M, but a B&M is probably much more likely.

really I do not understand how anyone would want a giga coaster when there is a mega coaster. I can understand that Carowinds intimidator that sucks or canada's wonderland that put leviathan as evidence (and I expect behemoth leaving for other parks), but not kings island where diamondback does its job very well.

and everyway: I am against this philosophy cedar fair, there are many types of coaster and their puntanto on: there have longer, taller and bigger. bleah

really I do not understand how anyone would want a giga coaster when there is a mega coaster. I can understand that Carowinds intimidator that sucks or canada's wonderland that put leviathan as evidence (and I expect behemoth leaving for other parks), but not kings island where diamondback does its job very well.

and everyway: I am against this philosophy cedar fair, there are many types of coaster and their puntanto on: there have longer, taller and bigger. bleah

it appeals to the GP, can break records, attract more visitors, and make the park more money. The park doesn't care about enthusiasts that think it is redundant, they make smart business decisions.

All four giga coasters in North America are very high quality, highly praised rides. And I assure you, Behemoth will not be relocated. It has very high ridership and is a very different coaster than Leviathan. Ever wonder why Cedar Point built MF? Same reason CW built Leviathan. And guess what... Magnum still has its niche and is not being relocated anytime soon/ever.

Just because these rides are taller/faster/longer than hypers does not mean they are just a larger version. They are very unique and serve a different purpose. Rob Decker's interview during Fury's media day explains this well.

Also, it still amazes me that you don't like giga coasters being added to parks. I don't really even understand that logic--they're kick-ass coasters so why don't you just ride them and appreciate them for what they are?

People around the world are rioting against Giga Coasters.

Everyone would argue that KI's success with DB indicates a giga would be a smart move.

Fixed

There's nothing to indicate that the three CF parks with hypers and gigas aren't successful with both. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I think it would be a very smart move for Kings Island to hop on board. Frankly I'm interested to see where B&M takes the giga concept past Fury 325.

People around the world are rioting against Giga Coasters.

I will, I find it a stupid move. and also my friends think like me, but I'm European evidently the things we want are different.

I really don't think KI will get a giga in 2017, I'm really rooting for Knotts to get a new thrilling coaster sometime soon. Wether it's a giga or something else, I want them to get a big coaster so bad. Also WOF, Dorney, KD, VF, and MIA all need a new coaster. Although I've given up hope on MiA. But I would want Knotts or VF to get new coasters the most.

I'm not sure what made Rob Decker and CF go to B&M for the last 2 gigas, but I know at I305's media day he said that they went with Intamin for I305 because they had experience with them building over 300ft (just as they do with B&M now) and because they like the Cable lift. I can link if necessary. I'd love to see another Intamin giga, but I'm really not sure if they'll do it. I'm curious to see if B&M could ever top Fury 325 though. They'd have to be really creative to pull it off.