TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

They're currently running two trains on Diamondback even though the line looks to be at least 20 minutes. Not a bad move, considering they double stack about 8/10 dispatches that I watch on the webcams (yes Im a nerd).

Obviously this isn't the most accurate way to view efficiency, but this crew has been awful and isn't improving.

I was at the park last Monday and Tuesday and they only had 1 train operations on Bat. I hope this is not a new trend. The one thing I have always loved about KI is they run all trains no matter the crowd. I hope this is a mechanical issue not a six Flags technique.

Edit. I am an idiot. I didn't realize you meant Bat is really off track.

I was at the park last Monday and Tuesday and they only had 1 train operations on Bat. I hope this is not a new trend. The one thing I have always loved about KI is they run all trains no matter the crowd. I hope this is a mechanical issue not a six Flags technique.

Edit. I am an idiot. I didn't realize you meant Bat is really off track.

There were two trains on The Bat Thursday during my visit. Must've been a quick fix.

I couldn't get any pics as I'm not allowed to have my phone at work. But as I was walking in this morning, I noticed something over by the maintenance shop. Looks like FOF is ome trained. The other train looked to be gutted. I do know a week or two ago, FOF was closed for several days because there was a weight problem with one of the trains. Also, doesn't carp winds run one train operations when school year starts? A fellow associates just came back from a carlwinds, kings dominion trip and said that carowinds was running one train on everything except Fury, and that everything was walk ons.

I used to think Vortex was rough, like you, but then I took an Arrow to the neck.

Vortex is definitely one of the best Arrow custom loopers I've been on. That says more about Arrow custom loopers than it does about Vortex, but still. Vortex may not be very "good," but that doesn't make it one of "the worst."

I do think how a coaster feels is subjective to each rider. That said, I found Vortex to be "the worst" out of the big Arrow loopers I've ridden. Definitely worse than Viper and GASM. Whenever I look at pictures of Vortex I only see prime real estate for what kind of awesome coaster might replace it some day.

I thought Vortex was just awful. Easily one of the worst coasters I rode this summer along with Anaconda at Kings Dominion. Vortex was a lot worse than Anaconda though. I also think these big arrow coasters look pretty ugly, although they must have looked mighty impressive back when they first opened.

^Dang! Cedar Fair really doesn't like old, racing woodies! Looks like a waterpark expansion is in order for KI! As for KD and Rebel Yell, you are on high alert! (Though, RY IS the best of the bunch, so maybe it'll be spared...)

I'm pretty sure they know that if they get rid of The Racer they are basically setting themselves up for extreme backlash. Also it's an ACE landmark so I doubt it will be leaving.

Big Dipper at GL called, and wants to know why CF would care about that?

Here's what's actually going on... With no interest shown in Shockwave, they're going to retrofit one side of The Racer, and run Shockwave's stand-up trains on it!