TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Also Update on 2016 Attraction: I Really do know what it is. A full time employee informed me of it. You guys may or may not be disappointed

Are you or are you not allowed to tell us what it is?

Please don't give him the attention he wants. If a full time employee knows and some online goofball knows, we would all know.

Also Update on 2016 Attraction: I Really do know what it is. A full time employee informed me of it. You guys may or may not be disappointed

Please don't give him the attention he wants. If a full time employee knows and some online goofball knows, we would all know.

Basically.

I know people that work down there. They know I love coasters and tell me any news they hear. I heard about Diamondbacks seatbelts well in advance, as well ask the giga-invert from 2014.

Wait, Kings Island doesn't have a giga-invert!

Sorry buddy, even if you did hear something, it's probably not true.

To everyone that is claiming I dont know, it has already been confirmed by multiple people i have asked. i am not aloud to say anything until they announce it (August or septemeber maybe) but i will say this.

To everyone that is claiming I dont know, it has already been confirmed by multiple people i have asked. i am not aloud to say anything until they announce it (August or septemeber maybe) but i will say this.

It's best not to say anything whether what you know is true or not if you're not allowed or willing to share. It just makes you look bad. Either tell people or leave it be, don't try and justify it.

Just to be clear i don't care either way if you share, just letting you know it's kind of a lose lose situation you put yourself in.

Two things:

1) It's spelled "allowed".

2) Those who know don't say anything. Those who say something don't actually know.

It's best not to say anything whether what you know is true or not if you're not allowed or willing to share. It just makes you look bad. Either tell people or leave it be, don't try and justify it.

Just to be clear i don't care either way if you share, just letting you know it's kind of a lose lose situation you put yourself in.

That's a good point. Why would you tell us you know only to tell us that you can't tell us what you know?

"you guys may or may not be disappointed". Is it just me, or is that a bit nonspecific? Any ride may or may not dissapoint us. A Larson Superloop may or may not disappoint us!

The best possible addition in 2016 IMO would be a complete renovation of the front gate area. You have potentially one of the all-time great park entrance areas just waiting to be unleashed in full. Imagine walking up to the front gate and having a completely open view there. It would be absolutely majestic.

I think a lot of you are partially right - lots of employees who work at a park are merely speculating about future additions. Having said that, I've talked with a few non-full-time employees at seasonal parks that knew about projects not only at their own parks but also some at other parks. They knew the type of ride and the manufacturer well before the ride was officially announced. Not everyone is guessing.

The amusement industry may be relatively small, but lots of people outside the actual parks themselves are involved. Remember when Wild Eagle was leaked when someone spotted the blue B&M track on a truckbed, asked the trucker about it and told him where the track was going? You have people at Clermont Steel, transportation personnel, people at marketing firms, city planners, surveyors, water and sewage workers, etc. that know about these projects. Some of those people may be under "don't talk about this project" clauses, but not everyone is in that boat.

Does anyone from the Columbus Area want to meet up and go to Kings Island on Friday, the 10th of July ? I am arriving at the Cincinnati Airport at 8:50am that day and I was planning to spend the day downtown and then take a mega-bus to Columbus that night, but just throwing this option out there (I'm asking because public transportation and even Uber aren't feasible for getting from the airport to KI and then Columbus, and renting a car is like 80+ dollars split between...nobody else) if anyone wants to meet up and hang out that day at the park. I haven't been there in 12 years, I could help out with gas and parking!

Edited by BlahBlahson

The best possible addition in 2016 IMO would be a complete renovation of the front gate area. You have potentially one of the all-time great park entrance areas just waiting to be unleashed in full. Imagine walking up to the front gate and having a completely open view there. It would be absolutely majestic.

I would welcome that change though it would have to fit in with International Street and not the newer entrances now found at CP and Carowinds. It also would mean the removal of the former International Restaurant above the gate, which I wish CF would reconsider reopening as a restaurant if a main gate renovation is not in the plans for awhile. I bet the view of I-Street is awesome from up there.

"you guys may or may not be disappointed". Is it just me, or is that a bit nonspecific? Any ride may or may not dissapoint us. A Larson Superloop may or may not disappoint us!

He is being non-specific because he does not know anything about the 2016 attraction, yet he is trying to act like he does.

I have worked for may theme parks, and even the full time employees do not know anything until the actual announcement. The only ones that actually know anything are the ones involved directly with the development, design, placement, and promotion of the ride. You know, the ones with year-round desk jobs in an office. Those who do know anything about future attractions have all signed a confidentiality agreement and know not to say anything to anyone who has not already signed the same form that is working on the same project.

I was wondering if anyone happens to know if there is a dog kennel at Kings Island? I know Cedar Point and Kings Dominion have one but from the website it seems this park doesn't have one. If there is not one at the park is there a cheap one in the area?

Yes, there is one. To the left of Admission where Invertigo's lift hill spikes are.

I went back a bunch of pages, and didn't see this mentioned, so I thought I'd ask... Has anybody considered that maybe the Valravn Dive Coaster is not really going to CP, but rather KI? Unlike CP, which already has three coasters with a vertical (or beyond vertical) drop, KI has none, making it a truly unique experience at the park. The terrain and lower water table would also better allow for an underground element, and there is a ton of room for a coaster of that size. If they were to utilize the old SoB station, it could easily head out over Banshee into the empty space SoB used to occupy, and another creepy/scary/mythical being themed ride would fit in perfectly next to Banshee. Heck, even The Bat is similarly themed, which could allow that area to be completely re-themed, potentially...

I know most will probably shoot this down, and it very well could be nothing... However, so many aspects of it make so much sense, I have to at least give the notion some consideration as a possibility!

^ I really like your idea, but I really doubt KI will be getting another Coaster for at least another season. And when they do get another Coaster I think it is safe to assume a different area of the Park would be the focus.