TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

How often is the Timberwolf Amphitheater used? I always visit the park during Halloween Haunt when it isn't used. If a CP/Carowinds style front gate renovation was in the works then I think the Timberwolf Amphitheater would be sacrificed to make room for a coaster. I can't think of any other viable options.

First of all, how can you think they don't have room? Look up Kings Island on Google Earth. They own a TON of land!! If you use Great Wolf on one side and Western Row Rd on the other, they own all the land from their parking lot to the river. They probably have the same amount of land they currently use sitting undeveloped behind them that they can use anytime they want.

Cedar Point is landlocked and running out of room, but that is not Kings Island's downfall at all, they have tons of room for expansion if they want to. You could see The Beast 2.0 terrorizing riders through a huge circuit back in those woods someday. And what you can't tell from Google Earth is the geography of the terrain, but if you look at it from The Racer or Windseeker, you can see it would be amazing.

Do they not do concerts at Timberwolf any more? I saw a Weird Al concert there several years ago and it was such a nice venue.

Timberwolf is rarely used, except like someone else pointed out for Spirit Song weekend. Just way to much competition for acts from Riverbend and PNC Pavillon in Cincy, 2 big arenas and LC Pavillon in Columbus and Fraze in Kettering. Hard to get acts when you have that much competition around you.

At rope drop head directly to Flight of Fear followed by Firehawk. Those are longest wait in park due to low capacity. Those lines can be up to an hour on weekdays. After that if you like to zig zag Invertigo is also low capacity and Stunt Coaster tends to have longer waits.

Just fyi Flight of Fear capacity should be back to what it was before last season.

Headed up there with some friends tomorrow. I hope that I get to pick my seat on Banshee, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully the lines won't be so bad on Tuesday when a lot of schools are still in session. Still not sure what the best seat on the Beast is though.

I hope that I get to pick my seat on Banshee, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've never had a problem with asking to choose a row, except if the front row line is really long. If you're nice and even offer to wait a little longer for whatever row you want it shouldn't be an issue, at least it never was for me.

Headed up there with some friends tomorrow. I hope that I get to pick my seat on Banshee, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully the lines won't be so bad on Tuesday when a lot of schools are still in session. Still not sure what the best seat on the Beast is though.

Either the front row (particularly at night) or the 2nd to last row are the best for Beast (and Racer).

I'm at the park right now. Wait times for all the rides have been 10 mins max (except Flight of Fear). Tomorrow will probably be very much the same.

Hope you have fun!

I'm at the park right now. Wait times for all the rides have been 10 mins max (except Flight of Fear). Tomorrow will probably be very much the same.

Hope you have fun!

If lines are that short, having fun will be easy.

A few quick questions. First one is about admission price and I'm sorry if its already been talked about, but I searched and couldn't find anything recently. Anyway, I haven't been to the park since Diamondback opened and I'm dying to ride Banshee. I'm thinking about doing a quick 3 park, 5 day trip soon and KI is the finale, but since this is kind of a last minute thing, I haven't really been saving for a park trip and have committed funds to other trips already booked, so funds are a tad tight. I saw on the website that M-Th admission is $41.99 online... is that the cheapest way to go or are there local businesses that would have coupons for a cheaper price? Other question is, we would be coming on Monday June 8th or Monday June 15th... will crowds be like any typical park for a Monday in June, slow with short wait times I'm hoping? Thanks to anyone that gives info

I know last year you could get cheaper tickets through Kroger, it was 35/36 for a ticket. Not sure if they're doing the same this year. As for going early in June during the week, I think you should be fine. We went last year same time and lines were very doable, but I also think a lot of schools were still making up days cause last winter was pretty bad.

Does anyone know what Kroger's coupon price is?.... ^ Unfortunately not going to Cedar Point this year. We'll be heading to Holiday World, KK, then KI to finish it up. I am usually able to get free tickets to Holiday World and KK through people I know, so thats the main reason I'm doing this trip because its fairly cheap... mainly have to just pay for meals, gas, and cheap hotels.

Yesterday was about as perfect a day as I could have at Kings Island. No long lines for the rides that I wanted to go on, sun shining, and low crowds.

I'm now more convinced that the only place to ride Banshee is the backseat. I can't believe how awesome that ride is in the backseat, and I'm still disappointed that we didn't get to choose where we sat even though the line was shorter than the first time we rode (where we did get to choose). Third row was more forceful, but the rattle was real.

As many times as I have ridden Diamondback, I have never gotten that much airtime until yesterday. The 3rd car back seat gave me some quality airtime.

I'm just glad my friends didn't make me ride Firehawk.

I will likely be visiting Kings Island on Tuesday, June 9th as an add-on to my Cedar Point trip. Just a few questions.

1) How bad should the crowds be that day? I'll be at the park from opening time to about 5 pm or so, and I'd like to know if it's possible to ride all of the coasters in that time without Fast Lane or Fast Lane Plus.

2) In what order should I ride everything to minimize wait times?

3) Any specific seating recommendations on the coasters?

4) Anything else I should know about Kings Island? (food, rain policies, flat rides, etc.)

June 9th is a tuesday you should be fine.

at rope drop go to Firehawk and Flight of Fear. get those out of the way first. Invertigo is a crap shoot on the line length. Skyline is food you should try if you have never been to the Cincy area, all of the other food is pretty run of the mill amusement park food. If you start with the two i mentioned on a tuesday it should be very easy to get all of the rides in and probably re rides on Banshee.

as for seating this is typically how i choose.

Banshee: Front

Diamondback - back

Beast- front seat or a non wheel seat

Vortex- 5-1

Invertigo - one of the ends.

The rest doesnt really seem to matter where you sit.

How often is the Timberwolf Amphitheater used? I always visit the park during Halloween Haunt when it isn't used. If a CP/Carowinds style front gate renovation was in the works then I think the Timberwolf Amphitheater would be sacrificed to make room for a coaster. I can't think of any other viable options.

First of all, how can you think they don't have room? Look up Kings Island on Google Earth. They own a TON of land!! If you use Great Wolf on one side and Western Row Rd on the other, they own all the land from their parking lot to the river. They probably have the same amount of land they currently use sitting undeveloped behind them that they can use anytime they want.

Cedar Point is landlocked and running out of room, but that is not Kings Island's downfall at all, they have tons of room for expansion if they want to. You could see The Beast 2.0 terrorizing riders through a huge circuit back in those woods someday. And what you can't tell from Google Earth is the geography of the terrain, but if you look at it from The Racer or Windseeker, you can see it would be amazing.

Do they not do concerts at Timberwolf any more? I saw a Weird Al concert there several years ago and it was such a nice venue.

Timberwolf is rarely used, except like someone else pointed out for Spirit Song weekend. Just way to much competition for acts from Riverbend and PNC Pavillon in Cincy, 2 big arenas and LC Pavillon in Columbus and Fraze in Kettering. Hard to get acts when you have that much competition around you.

I think what he meant was, removing the theater would be the only viable option for a Front Entrance Coaster like Gatekeeper and Fury 325. Not that there is not room to expand in general, just in that case.

I think what he meant was, removing the theater would be the only viable option for a Front Entrance Coaster like Gatekeeper and Fury 325. Not that there is not room to expand in general, just in that case.

no fury no

no fury no

We don't need a coaster front entrance.. Cedar Point has one, Carowinds has one, it won't be special if all the CF parks have one. IMO..

We don't need a coaster front entrance.. Cedar Point has one, Carowinds has one, it won't be special if all the CF parks have one. IMO..

You also have park administration offices just to the right of the main entrance behind Planet Snoopy.

In case anyone was interested, the park has updated their app to include wait times for the major attractions in the park. However, you can only view the wait times when you are at the park, which I find odd.

I'm really hoping Cedar Point is the next one to add this to their app.

Oh, by the way - the Beach waterpark (The waterpark across the street from Kings Island) got a new mat racer for 2015 http://www.thebeachwaterpark.com/rides-attractions/real-thrill/

Historically, when the Beach gets new slides, so does Kings Island. Pretty much it's the only competition around. It's certainly a better waterpark with more diverse slides and atmosphere. Kings Island's waterpark thrives simply because it's free with the theme park admission and they continue to slap new paint on the slides to hide the old appearance. But honestly, ride the slides and you'll feel the fiberglass in your back. When living in Cincinnati, I would really only visit the waterpark once every two years or so...since the addition of Diamondback, the increase in attendance has overcrowded the waterpark. Even when adding a second wavepool, there's still a lack of space to put your stuff down unless you're one of the first ones there.

Kings Island's slides are mostly from 1989 but coated in new paint (aside from the ProSlide tornado and 4 lane mat racers from 2004). Yes, their last slide addition was 11 years ago. So hopefully they will add on for 2016. For the most part their slides are shit capacity since the slides they originally built were for a park with probably half the daily attendance that it draws in today.