TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Best seat on Vortex? If there is one.

There isn't a good seat. Worst coaster at the park. Better to look at than to ride.

A Dive Coaster in the exact location would be bad A$$!

Vortex is a great coaster. You guys are babies.

AMEN! I loved Vortex in every seat I rode in, including the back, and found it awesome.

I will be visiting the park this coming weekend and I have a question regarding the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. How is the food there? Is it just burgers, hot dogs, and fries? Do you order your food at the counter or is it a waiter based restaurant? Thanks for the help.

Best seat on Vortex? If there is one.

There isn't a good seat. Worst coaster at the park. Better to look at than to ride.

A Dive Coaster in the exact location would be bad A$$!

Vortex is a great coaster. You guys are babies.

I agree, Vortex is my favorite of the Arrow Loopers!

I will be visiting the park this coming weekend and I have a question regarding the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. How is the food there? Is it just burgers, hot dogs, and fries? Do you order your food at the counter or is it a waiter based restaurant? Thanks for the help.

The Reds Hall of Fame Grille is a table service restaurant, yet somehow quite a bit less expensive than the counter service places around the park. In addition to burgers, you can get pulled pork, wraps, salads, and wings. I've had an okay burger there before, but recent reviews have suggested worse. My buffalo chicken wrap was quit good on another visit. Last year's prices that I can recall:

Burger + Kettle Chips: $8.99

Wrap + Kettle Chips: $9.99

Pulled Pork + Kettle Chips: $11.99

Prices are not bad at all for being in an amusement park.

How often is the Timberwolf Amphitheater used? I always visit the park during Halloween Haunt when it isn't used. If a CP/Carowinds style front gate renovation was in the works then I think the Timberwolf Amphitheater would be sacrificed to make room for a coaster. I can't think of any other viable options.

Edited by IntaminLove

Speaking of Reds HOF Grill, I noticed that it's on the season dining plan this year. I might actually give it a try this season.

I Honestly think your mistaken.

It is included...look here

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-locations

We ate there a few weeks ago, and it was the worst dinning experience that we have ever had at the park. The service was horrid, and the food was ice cold and nasty.

1476820081_kingsislandopeningday2015771.thumb.JPG.cdc7d0de8dc4a03cf91138dc78124d5e.JPG

Here is the nasty, cold burger that was served to me.

How often is the Timberwolf Amphitheater used? I always visit the park during Halloween Haunt when it isn't used. If a CP/KD style front gate renovation was in the works then I think the Timberwolf Amphitheater would be sacrificed to make room for a coaster. I can't think of any other viable options.

If im correct, I think it is only used maybe once a year for Spirit song. I do agree with your statement though. They could possibly relocate Invertigo to somewhere else in the park and maybe get rid of Congo or move it possibly? That would open up room for maybe a KI version of Gatekeeper maybe!? Maybe re-locating it to Rivertown and have them demo Tomb Raider/ The Crypt Building and moving Invertigo there. This is only MY THOUGHTS. I would say though if we get a new coaster it would probably be in 2017. That is if Cedar Point gets the rumored Dive Machine because like we all know, Kings Island usually gets a new coaster 1 year after Cedar Point ( Hopefully)!

-SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE POST-

Edited by drummermattk

^True! Valleyfair is indeed subject for a new coaster and Dorney Park to! Although maybe by KI leaving the crypt sign up on the building this could be a hint maybe? But if anything is added new to KI i would say its some type of thrill ride or water park slide complex. Ever since they renamed, and built the new wavepool (which is nice), it just gets boring to me IMO. I can see them adding a new complex maybe in between the entrance and the recently new wavepool or removing the crypt building and adding a thrill ride there. Possibly wont be for a while until we get a new coaster.

If im correct, I think it is only used maybe once a year for Spirit song. I do agree with your statement though. They could possibly relocate Invertigo to somewhere else in the park and maybe get rid of Congo or move it possibly? That would open up room for maybe a KI version of Gatekeeper maybe!? Maybe re-locating it to Rivertown and have them demo Tomb Raider/ The Crypt Building and moving Invertigo there. This is only MY THOUGHTS. I would say though if we get a new coaster it would probably be in 2017. That is if Cedar Point gets the rumored Dive Machine because like we all know, Kings Island usually gets a new coaster 1 year after Cedar Point ( Hopefully)!

I agree that a new coaster is a few years away and I was just throwing out an idea for a possible front gate renovation. I didn't include Invertigo and Congo Falls because I think the Timberwolf Amphitheater would open up enough room. If more room is needed then Congo Falls could be relocated to Rivertown and Invertigo to X-Base. Those rides are small enough that they could be relocated to many places in the park. What I would like to see before any of this is a major thrill ride and we all know a dark ride is in the plans. I could see it going into The Crypt building, but it would need to be expanded. A slide complex for Soak City is another possibility.

Do they not do concerts at Timberwolf any more? I saw a Weird Al concert there several years ago and it was such a nice venue.

Maybe, sometimes. It is such a large, nice stadium. I haven't seen or heard anything about it lately. I'm not sure why they don't have shows in it often.

Thanks for the warning!

We are heading to Kings Island this summer as part of our massive #8days90coasters trip. I need some planning advice:

We're staying at the Comfort Inn Suites across the highway. We're coming in on a Sunday night, and plan on hitting Beast and Banshee at night, as we have been told MANY times by all of you!

HERES THE QUESTION: Monday morning, we are looking to hit the rest of the coasters and then head up to Cedar Point. What do you suggest as a plan of attack for Monday, knowing that we will be getting rides in on Banshee and Beast the night before?

Thanks!

At rope drop head directly to Flight of Fear followed by Firehawk. Those are longest wait in park due to low capacity. Those lines can be up to an hour on weekdays. After that if you like to zig zag Invertigo is also low capacity and Stunt Coaster tends to have longer waits.