TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I've always noticed that once a train clears the second lift, the chain for the first one speeds up. It MIGHT be a power thing. Also after you come out of the second tunnel and you head to the right, that whole section until you get to the second lift seems to have some stakes on the right side. More than likely since I also saw chain/screening for a fence, It will be a fence . Whether or not its permanent or not I honestly couldn't tell you. I still think they can fit a B&m Giga in over between Racer and FOF. Maybe an Intamin giga? They could place the station in between FOF and Racer.

^Which on both rides has changed over the years. Originally on Beast the trains would be at the top of their respective hills at the same time. Now they have changed it and this is why the first hill is so slow. Now the train is almost midway through the helix or farther before the first hill increases speed. In the 90s it was normal speed all the way up the hill and you could see the second hill crested as you crested the first hill. Same with The Bat/Top Gun. When I operated it back it the mid 90s it never slowed down unless the driver was late bringing in the second train from the readies. Now it slows every time. I think they have changed the trigger point on the block brakes because the second train is usually clear of the readies and mostly in the station when the lift hill slows. Might have something to do with when Top Gun had the accident in the late 90s where the train blew right through the readies. I am no ride mechanic but this is my observations over the years.

^Which on both rides has changed over the years. Originally on Beast the trains would be at the top of their respective hills at the same time. Now they have changed it and this is why the first hill is so slow. Now the train is almost midway through the helix or farther before the first hill increases speed. In the 90s it was normal speed all the way up the hill and you could see the second hill crested as you crested the first hill. Same with The Bat/Top Gun. When I operated it back it the mid 90s it never slowed down unless the driver was late bringing in the second train from the readies. Now it slows every time. I think they have changed the trigger point on the block brakes because the second train is usually clear of the readies and mostly in the station when the lift hill slows. Might have something to do with when Top Gun had the accident in the late 90s where the train blew right through the readies. I am no ride mechanic but this is my observations over the years.

Originally, to my knowledge, the MCBR shed was a block brake and could completely halt a train if needed. That is no longer the case today. This would explain the lift speed discrepancy between now and pre-magnetic trims.

When I worked on Flight Deck ( yeah that's right, I called it Flight Deck, I took pride in hamming up that name!), I eventually got the timing down right where I could get the train in the station and clear of the ready breaks before the second train on the lift hit the sensor and the lift slowed. Proud moment for a young ride operator...

Just wanted to point out they did build a fence after you come out of the second tunnel on the beast. The fence lasts from the beginning of the tunnel till you get to the rise up going on to the second lift. Maybe this for construction of a new ride or for the coaster event? I don't know. Also I did manage to snap a pic of the somewhat new pathway that might be three weeks old. Also can someone please explain to me why the crypt sign is still up lol.

image.thumb.jpg.53a12d891ec1e19a7c86992b99f9eaf6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.975608bef71782f02e8667ddc2cb76a7.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.77d3709464bbd074742a8cddebf8ad97.jpg

^^most people on forums claim 5-1 on Vortex is the best.

I've generally found the "Arrow Magic Seat" to work for all standard arrow loopers. This is the front row in the last two cars of the train. It seems counter-intuitive, yet I get less head-banging there than anywhere else.

Related note: I've also found the front car on Arrow Suspended coasters to swing the most.