TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I went to the park on Saturday with my partner. We were in Dayton for WGI Thursday-Sunday and had planned to go on Sunday before the schedule was up for 2015, but obviously that didn't work as the park was closed. So we ended up getting there around 9:15am to take advantage of early entry and get back to Dayton by 2pm.

This was our first trip to KI ever and it was great for how quick it was.

Park was obviously crowded as shown in the earlier posts. It really reminded me a lot of Kings Dominion especially in the area by Shake Rattle and Roll.

We hit Banshee first before opening with about a 15 minute wait and then booked it to Bat since it was 5 mins before opening and there wasn't a line and just continued to meander around the park before leaving at 11:45.

After bat we hit adventure express with no wait and honesly had a blast on it!!! Was not expecting it to be fun as I have trailblazer in my back yard which is just ok (the 2nd lift animatronics are interesting). After this we headed to Firehawk with absolutely no wait! This was much more uncomfortable than Batwing to me. The ride broke down after we got off so we tried to hit FOF but the line was about 35 minutes so we headed towards Vortex. This had about a 5 minute line. It was much better than Anaconda, but still uncomfortable.

We finished up the day with a 25 minute wait for The Beast. I was honestly looking forward to this ride the most and so was my partner. Definitely loved the ride! The layout and terrain were great. Extremely enjoyable!! We just laughed and smiled the whole time. Wish we would have gotten a night ride on it, but we were lucky enough to get a few hours in at the park.

After that we headed towards Diamondback, but with a full queue and what seemed to be slow operation we decided to grab a pretzel and some waters then head back to Dayton. It was obvious the staff was still being trained, but the highlight was the poor girl at the Auntie Annes booth. We needed $4.36 cents in change. She pulled out a quarter, two dimes, and six pennies. She put this back..... She then grabbed two dimes and the rest of the change in pennies The trainer came over and told her no no and grabbed a quarter, dime, nickle, and a penny.... Poor girl I hope she gets the concept of handing the least amount of coins by May!

Here's some pictures I have from opening day! It was a blast, from regularly visiting the park the past 3 years I've never seen a day this crowded! Vortex, The Beast, & Diamondback had 100% full queue's. The Vortex line went out and past Shake Rattle & Roll. Also I have to give it up for The Beast's crew. They were pumping out trains like it was peak season already, I was very impressed. Also during our day ride, I saw plenty of spots of new wood throughout the course and our night ride was absolutely insane. We were lucky enough to get the last train of the night and ride ops & security offered to grab camera's and snap pictures of us before the last train dispatched. Overall a very fun & successful opening day!

IMG_2404.jpg.b113c8155b92eb92d4dda6f649f4dbd9.jpg

Arrival.

IMG_2405.jpg.a4fe357bb6df665f31904c2ccaf15d19.jpg

Started our day off with Banshee!

IMG_2406.jpg.5349cc900e3dd6d3eaa9b46bfc4e49a7.jpg

The line was pretty long, but moved really fast.

IMG_2407.jpg.39821ed835aaf0d8731b13718f6d15ee.jpg

Zero-G!

IMG_2412.jpg.f5c76a68d526bc80d1f3c49925a50820.jpg

Banshee from The Bat's queue.

IMG_2413.jpg.b2a5b6d586da540719397cfb17c94aa4.jpg

I always stop here for lunch when I visit.

IMG_2414.jpg.cf3b731cf81fcb92ef56e5b502896afe.jpg

Racer racing!

IMG_2415.jpg.fdfcf9865b85a1c266d2a2f780c869dd.jpg

Some Firehawk.

IMG_2416.jpg.d925367afbc7bf6c1cf2b450fbbb3654.jpg

It'll always be green X-Flight for me and my friends!

IMG_2417.jpg.d710bfadd23daff9527b7f122f047e1e.jpg

I've liked fun TV, and it's getting better now posting wait times & photo's people share from Instagram & Twitter

IMG_2418.jpg.ad1994c06bdb2aac74696fbca2ef3a74.jpg

My favorite part of Firehawk.

IMG_2421.jpg.299ef654b677f9f7106d505dc3d2c42e.jpg

Airtime!

IMG_2424.jpg.5ba639e9e3910ee5603d3beb258f8a70.jpg

The music is now gone from the lift hill, I was one of the people that loved it but it doesn't change anything really.

IMG_2425.jpg.1b83906671c3a19ffb839c2a201f84f3.jpg

Diamondback late afternoon.

IMG_2428.jpg.49d29130cb6c7161013c0044ac3616fe.jpg

Diamondback in the evening.

IMG_2432.jpg.c44e9f8ef472be3eed57cfee5ab57612.jpg

And here's a picture I snapped on the way out of the new interactive park maps. I didn't use it but I hope these go chain wide because they look really nice!

I guess Vortex isn't as bad as people say if the line is so full?

Vortex is my FAVORITE of all the Arrow loopers I've been on.(6) Yea, it does have the usual (see: terrible) Arrow transitions but once you learn where to anticipate the ride is a blast!

Edited by JRice92

I guess Vortex isn't as bad as people say if the line is so full?

Vortex is my FAVORITE of all the Arrow loopers I've been on.(6) Yea, it does have the usual (see: terrible) Arrow transition but once you learn where to anticipate the ride is a blast!

I'm also a fan. It's a very forceful ride. The fact that it's old and you never quite know how smooth of a ride you're going to have make it super intense. I make a point to ride it every time I go, but usually only once

Anyone know if there are assigned seating on Banshee when in the Fast Lane line?

When I went last summer, we were able to go where we wanted. I can't remember if there was an employee assigning rows or not, but usually at KI they were friendly enough to let us request a row if polite. That said, we didn't ask for the front, so I'm not sure how strict they are.

Anyone know if there are assigned seating on Banshee when in the Fast Lane line?

When I went last summer, we were able to go where we wanted. I can't remember if there was an employee assigning rows or not, but usually at KI they were friendly enough to let us request a row if polite. That said, we didn't ask for the front, so I'm not sure how strict they are.

They were assigning everyone to a row when I was there on opening day last year. When I returned on a dead Sunday in october they were doing it again close to when the park opened that day, but then let people go into a row of their own choosing for the rest of the day. I'm guessing it all depends on the level of crowds for that given day.

It also depends on the person. I know for a fact i dealt with a kid that couldn't handle a little bit of power. when the ride was walk on he assigned me a row and i said no one is here do you mind if we go to the back. he said in fact did mind and we were to go to the row we assigned. We just kind of chuckled and said okay. when we went to get on we asked one of the other ride operators if they cared and moved to the row we wanted since there was a total of 8 people on the ride.

Other ride attendants told me that they will grant people their wishes as long as the lines don't block people coming into the station.

It also depends on the person. I know for a fact i dealt with a kid that couldn't handle a little bit of power. when the ride was walk on he assigned me a row and i said no one is here do you mind if we go to the back. he said in fact did mind and we were to go to the row we assigned. We just kind of chuckled and said okay. when we went to get on we asked one of the other ride operators if they cared and moved to the row we wanted since there was a total of 8 people on the ride.

Other ride attendants told me that they will grant people their wishes as long as the lines don't block people coming into the station.

This.

I'll admit in my youngest days of ride operations my misguided sense of power hurt me a couple times. However, I soon realized that in cases like this it doesn't hurt anything to deviate from the "standard" operating procedure (and I realized how my power as a ride operator wasn't all that cracked up to be). Even if granting a seat request on any ride results in an unoccupied seat and no other guests seem to care about it, why should I care? It's all about the guests in the end, unless somehow their safety is at risk if the seats aren't properly assigned.