TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Flight of Fear bangs my shoulders up pretty good every time I ride, but I still enjoy it every once in a while. WAY better than when it had OTSRs. I never rode it back then, but I can imagine how horribly painful that was.

I love Flight of Fear but I think the Kings Dominion version is a lot better than the Kings Island version for some strange reason. I still love them both but the Kings Dominion version is very smooth and the Kings Island one seems much more jarring. In both parks I consider it to be one of the park's best attractions though. It's incredibly disorienting and it's refreshing to see an indoor coaster that actually has an interesting layout.

I enjoy FoF quite a lot too. More than I used too at least. Back around 2007 or so I went to KI for the first time when I was 10 and that was when I used to be afraid of rollercoasters with inversions, but my dad told me it didn't go upside down and I couldn't prove him wrong because it was indoors. Boy did those 4 inversions surprise me...

Completely off-topic question, but does anybody know the policy of photographing inside the stations of coasters? I think I've once been told in one station in Kings Dominion that I couldn't photograph how the operators do their jobs, but my intentions were only to snap a photograph of a train. So I'm wondering if this carries over to Kings Island, apart from rides that have you put your belongings in lockers before getting in line.

Completely off-topic question, but does anybody know the policy of photographing inside the stations of coasters? I think I've once been told in one station in Kings Dominion that I couldn't photograph how the operators do their jobs, but my intentions were only to snap a photograph of a train. So I'm wondering if this carries over to Kings Island, apart from rides that have you put your belongings in fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo before getting in line.

Of my many years of visiting Kings Island taking picture with my Nikon and phone, no one has ever told me not to take pictures in the station. I've even taken pictures of friends/had someone take pictures of me sitting in the cars before the employee comes around to lock restraints/dispatches the car. It's the same as taking pictures anywhere in the park

I think I've once been told in one station in Kings Dominion that I couldn't photograph how the operators do their jobs...

Yeah...I'm pretty sure that's not actually a thing.

In fact, I know it's not, because that's how Cedar Fair and IROC perform their audits.

I think I've once been told in one station in Kings Dominion that I couldn't photograph how the operators do their jobs...

In fact, I know it's not, because that's how Cedar Fair and IROC perform their audits.

Ha, yeah, can also say that's not true at all. Either that ride op didn't want to have their picture taken or took the "picture taking is prohibited while on the ride" to include standing on the platform as being "on the ride." I can imagine what would of happened to that op if that person were from iROC if they told them they couldn't film them doing their job.

You're pretty free to take pictures as much as you want at any of the Cedar Fair parks, as long as they're in terms of the rules, i.e. not on rides or in restricted areas.

Ha, yeah, can also say that's not true at all. Either that ride op didn't want to have their picture taken or took the "picture taking is prohibited while on the ride" to include standing on the platform as being "on the ride." I can imagine what would of happened to that op if that person were from iROC if they told them they couldn't film them doing their job.

You're pretty free to take pictures as much as you want at any of the Cedar Fair parks, as long as they're in terms of the rules, i.e. not on rides or in restricted areas.

I figured the operator may have been camera shy or something, but a Dominator operator did tell me this in 2012. I haven't had the same trouble at Kings Island, but haven't done a lot of it the last time I've been there, so I was only curious...

I know that they don't like people taking flash pictures in Flight of Fear's station at Kings Dominion.

For all you locals down by KI, what's the memorial day weekend like? Wife and I are visiting her sister that weekend, and I plan on going Saturday by myself. I'm already getting a Fast Pass, because I know what Cedar Point can get like that weekend.

^ Tonight there was a Season Kickoff Party for ride associates (like myself, come say hi to me at the log flume . Only Diamondback and The Gliders where open. Marathoned for 10 rides on DB and rode the gliders twice. They where all right.

IMG_0290.thumb.JPG.0a84eae4a118aac0fe7782feee3e63cc.JPG

Flying Eagles are back!

IMG_0291.thumb.JPG.9124cc5d78ff12029b9b33d8f171d3db.JPG

Nice Lighting added!

IMG_0292.thumb.JPG.0967dd378ca46245aad3cff4b2d70166.JPG

Little more oomed on for the flat ride nerds :D

IMG_0293.thumb.JPG.33cee4a32129cd576bf257b67a3cc2fb.JPG

Sorry bout the caption i downloaded it from snapchat but my first coaster of the year was DB. Still a geat B&M Airtime machine!

^ Thank you for posting the pictures of the new flyers.

The one thing that caught my attention was how tightly taught the cables are in the picture where the flyers are in motion. Clearly the picture wasn't taken when the ride was at maximum RPMs, but the cables were still incredibly tight. On the better flyers (Carowinds, Knoebels) the cables are very rarely that taught when the ride is in motion.

I am already back from preview night. My kids needed to go to bed. The rides were mostly walk on except Planet Snoopy. Kids EVERYWHERE!! Flying Ace had a huge line and of course the new rides were quite crowded. I stuck with the bigger rides now my 3rd kid hit 48" today. I thought everything went well except Beast looked like Six Flags rides taking 4 minutes to dispatch until an area supervisor showed up and then all of a sudden things picked up. Don was all smiles when I ran into him and I am very glad they did this night especially with such a wonderful weather day. I'll be there early tomorrow. Yes I sang the famous Log Flume song with my kids the entire ride.