TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Howdy Folks,

I believe what I am about to ask is appropriately placed in this thread. If not, I apologize in advance.

I'm going to ask a VERY lucky girl to prom via the on-ride photo (asks are all about theatrics nowadays). Here is how it is going to go down on a perfect day:

1) Get in line for Diamondback

2) Get in to an appropriate seat

3) She asks me what we are doing for the photo (because that's what everybody does, I mean come on)

4) I tell her to smile big with two thumbs up

5) She listens to my direction

6) When the photo opportunity strikes, I reveal the phrase "PROM?" beneath my shirt, unbeknownst to her

7) Button my shirt back up, we go check out the photo, and she notices she replied yes without even knowing

8) Purchase that puppy

Notice I stated, "perfect day." Going into the logistics I'll need:

- to decide whether shirt or sign is a better route to follow.

- to figure out where the camera is and which direction to look.

- to find out which set of seats would likely yield least obstruction from extended limbs

- to know if Diamondback is a good ride to do this on (I'm concerned with quality of camera or a bad glare at certain times of the day).

Hopefully you guys could provide me with answers. I'd really appreciate it.

Also, hopefully she isn't scoping out these forums.

What an awesome idea!

To give you a little advice.

1. Shirt, since signs can fly away and bend with the wind. I'd tuck it, too.

2. I believe the camera is along the helix leading into the MCBR, but I'm not sure.

3. I'd say the front row of any car.

4. I think Diamondback is a great ride for this! Beast would probably be a good alternative, since its camera is in the first tunnel.

Good luck, and I hope she says yes!

Have a couple of questions. Heading to KI on May 13th which is a weds. Last time we were there Banshee was just breaking ground. I am curious on a good way to attack the park now that Banshee is there. We are coming from Minneapolis and Pittsburg so want to get in as many rides that day as possible.

1. Do we need to buy a Fast Lane Plus?

2. Plan of attack, where is it recommended to start?

3. We are pretty much sticking to the coasters so only looking for advice with those.

4. Probably skipping Invertigo and Vortex, Vortex killed my head last time there.

5. Any other advice for us? We are looking to get in at least 40 coaster rides that day so any help with a plan of attack would be greatly appreciated.

Have a couple of questions. Heading to KI on May 13th which is a weds. Last time we were there Banshee was just breaking ground. I am curious on a good way to attack the park now that Banshee is there. We are coming from Minneapolis and Pittsburg so want to get in as many rides that day as possible.

3. We are pretty much sticking to the coasters so only looking for advice with those.

4. Probably skipping Invertigo and Vortex, Vortex killed my head last time there.

5. Any other advice for us? We are looking to get in at least 40 coaster rides that day so any help with a plan of attack would be greatly appreciated.

A couple things: You're more than likely going to run into school crowds until around 5p, but other than dealing with a bunch of pre-teens and teenagers, it probably won't be too busy. FastLane Plus is a rather huge cost if it's only going to be a couple people, especially if you're only going to be saving 5-10 minutes from waiting in line. Wait until you get to the park to determine if you guys want to buy FastLane. You'll know when you pull in how busy it is by how many buses are parked near the gate and how full the front 2 lots are.

Start with Firehawk and Flight of Fear early in the day, those lines get fairly long as the day goes on because of the lower capacity. You can save Banshee, Diamondback, and Beast for anytime of the day if you want because those lines move fairly quickly, since they're people eaters. Even if the park isn't busy, still do Firehawk and Flight of Fear first.

A couple things: You're more than likely going to run into school crowds until around 5p, but other than dealing with a bunch of pre-teens and teenagers, it probably won't be too busy. FastLane Plus is a rather huge cost if it's only going to be a couple people, especially if you're only going to be saving 5-10 minutes from waiting in line. Wait until you get to the park to determine if you guys want to buy FastLane. You'll know when you pull in how busy it is by how many buses are parked near the gate and how full the front 2 lots are.

Start with Firehawk and Flight of Fear early in the day, those lines get fairly long as the day goes on because of the lower capacity. You can save Banshee, Diamondback, and Beast for anytime of the day if you want because those lines move fairly quickly, since they're people eaters. Even if the park isn't busy, still do Firehawk and Flight of Fear first.

We had planned to wait till we get to the park to buy FL. Thanks for the advice of hitting Firehawk and Flight of Fear first, I had forgotten the lines got really long later in the day.

How is the line for Banshee normally? Where does the FL enter the line, is it a straight to the station FL line?

Thanks again.

^ The Banshee line moves fast. For the day you're visiting, I wouldn't expect more than a 45 minute wait, if even that. I believe the fast lane line merges directly at the station. I also agree for what is being said about heading to X-Base first thing. However, when I went last year in July, the dreaded Diamondback seat belts were installed and the line seemed to move verrrrry slow. I'm not sure if it moves any faster, but it was no where near as fast as Banshee's, so I would knock out Diamondback after FoF and Firehawk. Also, the Beast is known by the GP as a great night ride, so expect longer lines even towards closing.

^ No incident happened. Probably stupid insurance reasons but they are pointless either way. It did not affect the ride experience, but slowed down dispatch times significantly to like 5 minutes each. Like I said, this was in July so I'm not sure if they sped up later in the season.

Diamondback's staff sped up quite a bit by the time I went last year. If Kings Island could, they'd enforce the new loose article policy on Diamondback like they did for Banshee and soon to be Fury (basically, you can't get in line with anything besides what can fit inside a zippered pocket) but I kind of didn't mind the staff taking bags and cups from everyone while they stepped into the train on Diamondback. Helped the load time quite a bit.

^ No incident happened. Probably stupid insurance reasons but they are pointless either way. It did not affect the ride experience, but slowed down dispatch times significantly to like 5 minutes each. Like I said, this was in July so I'm not sure if they sped up later in the season.

When I visited Kings Island (Banshee Bash in late July), the Diamondback crew was getting trains out in about 90 seconds. While it isn't as good as a B&M hyper with just a lapbar, it's not bad by any means. Kings Island had better than average ride operators by Cedar Fair standards (and the Banshee crew was absolutely amazing), so it would really surprise me if dispatches were actually taking five minutes.

^ I wish I was kidding but thats not an exaggeration. It was either late June or early July around my visit last year and the dispatches were incredibly slow. All three trains were consistently stacked (or two on the brake run with the other in the station, whatever it is technically). They were maybe 3 1/2 minutes, but that's a stretch so I only got in 2 rides that visit. I'm very relieved to hear that they sped up dispatch times quickly. I had honestly never seen it that slow before and hope to never see it again.

From what I heard, they put the Diamondback crew on Banshee last year because they were the fastest crew in the park. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

I suggest you get new sources.

There were crew from all over the park and new hires who were on the inaugural Banshee crew.

The Banshee crew was phenomenal last year! When the schools let out and it was about mid June, They whee dispatching trains in 30 SECONDS! truly the best ride staff's at the park IMO. In other words the decals for The Flyers have been put on the cars! And Rides have begun to test! Also would like to add that the picnic area improvements are looking good! photo cred to Greg Scheid. Only 3 Saturdays to go till Opening Day!

993513542_FrontGate1(3).jpg.3c5a2281245ca9cbcbe0dbaf60e96eb0.jpg

CA9w9QQWQAAkqdd.jpg.c57a3add100ea4f0982974296f243480.jpg

• 2 weeks later...