TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Hahaha, I read both of these Beast books several times when I was a kid. When I rode Beast for the first time in 2013, I jokingly was wondering if I was somehow going to be mysteriously transported back to the past.

The trim is removed from Banshee!

Posted on October 11th 2014

Did anyone else notice this at the end of last year? I feel like it's a pretty big topic but no one really commented on it. Bringing it up again because I saw people talking about Banshee with a trim in the Fury 325 thread.

Yeah, I remember seeing the brake when I went on it, but it definitely didn't trim us at all. Given B&M's lack of intense roller coasters recently, maybe they put the trim on in case people complained about the intensity, but decided it wasn't necessary when the reaction to the intensity was so positive.

I'm not trying to say its a coaster, because I do not think it is. The timing seems really odd to start work on a flat that you could easily prep for and install after the season. I think it may be for something besides a ride. Maybe green space (at least this year).

I'm glad they're finally doing something in that area. It was starting to turn into a dump ever since they made the whole area a smoking section.

Under Paramount it was pretty cool with the movie artifacts but it truly became a big dead space after CF came along. I'm glad that this area is getting some attention.

Maybe ki might get a wild mouse or something? That space is big enough for one.

Are you joking...?

Enjoy and be grateful for Banshee while waiting patiently for the next coaster in 2018.

He didn't say KI needed a coaster, he just said it's big enough for a Wild Mouse. He isn't asking for it to be a roller coaster.

They could be getting another big coaster next year, I'm not sure how big the area is as a whole. But is there places surrounding it they could weave a coaster around? It would be unlikely they get a new coaster this soon after Banshee. But it's a possibility. Hopefully wooden this time around? And they certainly don't need another coaster at this point and time, so I'm doubtful that's what it is.

^ or maybe cedar fair's invested in a new thrill ride ? has cedar fair installed any other major thrill rides in the last few years at any parks? But if my eyes dont decieve me it looks as if one of the three trains for Diamondback is in the storage shed! April 18th needs to hurry up! Plus ill be having some pics from the Great Wolf Lodge up after this weekend.

DiamondBack1.jpg.8c2a7350ff2a39a7d80319c5ea0c4e4d.jpg

Quickly consulting with Google maps, yeah, there's totally room to weave a small/medium sized roller coaster around the surrounding area, but it would KILL the aesthetic that area has, so, to echo previous comments, I'm seriously doubtful that this will be a roller coaster. Unless of course it's something extremely compact, like a wild mouse, or, more hopefully, a 4D, an El Loco, or one of those weird new vekoma flyers with the vertical lift... stingray? But so close in time to Banshee, while other parks are in Cedar Fair's spotlight? I'd say slim chances.

Also, far-fetched, if they were to weave a coaster through the surrounding area, a short dive coaster would work really well. If it dove underground, it would less-so kill the aesthetic, more-so seriously injure the aesthetic. But there's enough Dive Coaster hate happening on the Cedar Point thread, so please don't think I want/hope for/am actually serious about/predict this.

Another, 100% far fetched idea is that it would be the starting point for a gatekeeper/fury 325-style roller coaster, something to fly over/through/around the front entrance.... but it would be so much easier to start one of those in Action Zone, so I'll just cut myself off right here.

If we're basing non-coaster guesses on recent Cedar Fair investments, the obvious response is Triotech. .......But if Kings Island were to get a Triotech dark ride, the obvious placement would be in the former-crypt, former-former tomb raider building. Heck, I wouldn't even be disappointed to see it called and themed to "The Crypt." That would be awesome.

Maybe they're just revamping the garden there? Building a new, better looking garden, and moving the smoking area somewhere else?

Maybe they're going to build a sit down restaurant, or new food stands, or some sort of 100% redundant theater (given it's proximity to like... three others).

Maybe a new top spin? Or some other Huss ride? An "I'm Sorry" gift after the Crypt went down? That would be cool. If unlikely.

Well, I think I've just knocked out several posts-worth of speculation, please feel free to rip me to shreds for the dive coaster comment, can't wait to see what this pans into!

352756057_ScreenShot2015-03-14at10_44_06PM.png.33b71c0ee3e858e9d0a302ab0fddc369.png

My consultation with google maps

I really wish that the Oktoberfest area was actually more like Oktoberfest other than a couple of German looking buildings with little to no German food or beverage offerings. Yes, they do have the small bier garten, but the Festhaus area should be a replica of a German beer hall complete with the Oom-pah band.

I would think that this area might be a bit confusing to some of the German tourists that might be expecting (at minimum) a large beer tent. They walk into Festhaus and it's pizza, chicken tenders and burgers? WTF?

^They should just eliminate Oktoberfest altogether and merge it with International Street. Also don't forget Chinese food.

Maybe the old Tower Gardens will just be an open area for the time being. One or two small family flats would be a nice addition that would not totally destroy the area.

A random thought:

So far, there have been two B&M gigacoasters built. Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland and Fury 325 at Carowinds.

So far, there have been four B&M hypercoasters with staggered seating built: Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland, Intimidator at Carowinds, Diamondback at Kings Island, and Shambhala at PortAventura. The latter is not a Cedar Fair park, so we can ignore it for the time being.

Two of the three remaining V-seat B&M hypers are at parks that later built a B&M giga. The third is Kings Island.

Granted, this probably means nothing, but it's an interesting coincidence.