TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

We are looking at doing a stop by Kings Island on our way to Cedar Point this summer. We will have from opening till about 5/6pm at the park. We have a few questions that I'm hoping you all can help out with!

1.) How busy do you all think the park will be on a Friday towards the end of July?

2.) For those of you who visit the park frequently what do you think wait times would look like during our visit?

3.) Should we purchase Fast Lane Plus?

4.) Any specific order we should try to hit the attractions to minimize wait times?

I think this is the majority of our questions for now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I can your questions. My answers will be in bold under your questions.

We are looking at doing a stop by Kings Island on our way to Cedar Point this summer. We will have from opening till about 5/6pm at the park. We have a few questions that I'm hoping you all can help out with!

1.) How busy do you all think the park will be on a Friday towards the end of July?

Fridays are not too busy at the park. Definitely better than a Saturday.

2.) For those of you who visit the park frequently what do you think wait times would look like during our visit?

Depends on the ride. Action Zone was a bit more crowded this season for obvious reasons. Might possibly be the same this season. Not completely sure how or if the new rides in Planet Snoopy will effect the crowds this season. There are also touchscreen, interactive maps around the park. Each ride reports their wait times and it gets posted on the map.

Play it by ear on whether or not to buy FL or FLP. I am not sure which rides are Fast Lane Plus this season, but only Banshee and Firehawk were Fast Lane Plus last season. I would say that on a Saturday in July, definitely, but I am still thinking Friday should be short waits. Beast is worth the wait, no matter how long.

4.) Any specific order we should try to hit the attractions to minimize wait times?

If you absolutely HAVE to ride it, ride Firehawk first thing since you are only going to be there until about 6 pm. It can get quite a line later in the day. Banshee is a people eater, so you won't be in line for too long. However, it is the first thing that people go to. For the first couple hours Banshee can get 45 minutes to an hour. It usually dies off later on.

I think this is the majority of our questions for now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I would also suggest live shows, Banshee Twist ice cream, and CHICKEN SHACK!

So there are no surprises when you get to the park, Banshee does not have bins or shelves. You will be required to leave items in a locker, or with someone who is not entering the line with you. Shoes that do NOT have a back to them can be left on the floor of the station, HOWEVER, flip flops CAN be worn on Banshee. I wear my flip flops all the time.

A Friday in July will be somewhere between moderately to very busy. Better than Saturday but still busy. I always advise to get to the park before purchasing Fast Lane but it may end up being worth it. Wait times for Flight of Fear, Firehawk, Inveritgo, and Backlot will probably be near or above an hour all day. If you end up getting Fast Lane then ride order won't really matter. If you do not get it, I would make sure to get there right at opening (or for ERT if you have Gold/Platinum passes). When the park opens go directly to X Base and ride Firehawk first (if its open, it sometimes opens a little later then the rest of rides) and then get in line for Flight of Fear (or backwards if Firehawk isn't open yet). I would then go to Backlot Stunt Coaster or Invertigo. Both will carry long lines throughout the day and you will probably have to bite the bullet and wait for one of them. Vortex, Diamondback, Banshee, and Racer (when both sides are running) are all people eaters and can be hit whenever. Do not be intimidated by full queues for Diamondback or Banshee as both are generally only about 40-50 minute wait when full. Drop Tower and Delirium are really the only must ride flats in my opinion.

A few other tips:

Ride Vortex in 5-1. It is literally 300% smoother than any other seat.

Some people swear by the front row on Racer but I prefer the second to last row.

Ride Beast in either the front or second to last row.

Banshee is a back row ride (if possible, they do assign seats but requests are normally granted)

Diamondback is incredible in both the very front and very back.

Lots of very helpful information in this thread, thanks everybody! Does King's Island have any single rider lines?

They had one the first year Diamondback was open. But that one is gone. The employees at the the Banshee sign last year let me go through the fastlane since i was a single ride but they stopped that. Other than that theres no single rider lines anymore. I feel your pain though i always am by myself just means you can ride more things YOU want to than what people in your group want to.

I go to parks alone and was appreciative of the single rider line on Diamondback. I was a bit bummed when they turned it into the Fast Lane queue. For me D-back is the best towards the back. Love the feeling of being yanked over the first hill. As for Beast it's a front seat ride but for me if it's any other seat it needs to be a non-wheel seat for the best rides.

Nice to see the brighter colors on that Shake Rattle and Roll car. Glad that they kept it instead of permanently removing it.

Couple pics from the parks twitter. Photo Creds to the park. Also i will be staying at the Great Wolf Lodge on March 14th- 15th. Ill take some pics of the park and the Lodge and share them with you all! I will try and do a TR from Opening Day when i go to

IMG_0789.jpg.f9428b3b35712f56e43275ca90df353c.jpg

Construction has started on The Coke Marketplace. It will be Found Next to Hanks Burrito Shack, which is a GREAT place to Eat ;).

IMG_0790.jpg.83ade9decc61d0b2cea018e20775fabf.jpg

The Space Buggie cars have been shipped and delivered to the park!

Does Dropzone still play Right Now by Van Halen when you start to go up? JW casue i know Cedar Fair got rid of everything Paramount but idk if they kept that. I barely ride Dropzone so idk bout it

I'm not sure if it plays the actual song, but I do seem to recall it having some music not that long ago.

I went this past summer, and yes, it still plays. Great song!

Does Dropzone still play Right Now by Van Halen when you start to go up? JW casue i know Cedar Fair got rid of everything Paramount but idk if they kept that. I barely ride Dropzone so idk bout it

I'm not sure if it plays the actual song, but I do seem to recall it having some music not that long ago.

I went this past summer, and yes, it still plays. Great song!

I just remembered too that they play a mix of Nirvana, Metallica, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam (maybe some other bands to) back in the qeuve for the bat!

Count me as a fan of that book as well. Never got to read the second one though.

There was a second one? I hope they called it "Son of Beast".

And yes I do remember that book and I remember liking it. Is that the one where the coaster transported everyone to "Firelight park" or something like that?

Count me as a fan of that book as well. Never got to read the second one though.

There was a second one? I hope they called it "Son of Beast".

Sure was. Unfortunately it's no reference to SOB.

619J9A6D3GL.jpg.3cb0c3702ddbcbba4a52ddd0ed798c60.jpg

And yes I do remember that book and I remember liking it. Is that the one where the coaster transported everyone to "Firelight park" or something like that?

Correct.