TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Ill throw the speculation into the ring. RMC all steel design (possibly like the lift from Goliath type structure all around.

I can see them doing this if Cedar Fair ever works out a contract with RMC question is where would they put it. Maybe in Vortex's place? I love Vortex for what its worth but over the years its just getting rougher and rougher every year.

Dang it, Greg! You just had to throw that out there! Looks like it's speculation time once again!

Kings Island's coaster line up has gone from mediocre to decent with Diamondback and Banshee. Besides the obvious enthusiast pipe dream (Intamin or RMC terrain coaster etc...), the park could use a solid, modern woodie from GCI or Gravity Group. All of their woodies are older and don't offer a lot in terms of thrills. They could either do a complete refurb of the Racer (new paint, trains, rebuilt structure, re make hills to include good airtime etc...) or make a new coaster from scratch.

But anything and everything is up in the air this early in the plan.

An RMC Son Of Beast replica would be the best.
The coaster should not ever come back. The name has a bad reputation and the GP will think they brought back the original, and not ride it. Besides, it can't be because Banshee is in his place. Which is a good thing. However, an all new RMC that hints to Son of Beast coming out of the grave for revenge would be appreciated. Could be called Vengeance or something.

If anything they need to stay away from anything "Beast" for future attractions. Let Papa Beast, which I affectionately called the Beast during the Son's short reign, be it.

The area where Dinosaur's Alive is would be a nice area for the next big coaster. I don't think WIndseeker is a big enough draw at the back of Coney Mall.

Honestly i think Vortex's days are numbered. Either it starts to break down alot, doesnt pull in al ot of riders, or parts become to expensive, i could see them maybe putting a winged coaster in that area, or maybe an intamin blitz. Maybe we'll see some construction signs at the beginning of the season. Im ay sound like a broken record and i know Rougarou is not a new coaster, but KI usually gets a new coaster a year after CP does.

I personally don't think Vortex is going anywhere. It always has a line whenever I've gone, it's just never a long line because of good capacity. Of the 6 Arrow loopers I've been on Vortex is easily my favorite. Sure the transitions are the usual Arrow fare but I still see a lit of people that like the ride.

Also as far as parts go, S&S has plenty of parts to keep Arrow coasters going for years to come.

Honestly i think Vortex's days are numbered. Either it starts to break down alot, doesnt pull in al ot of riders, or parts become to expensive, i could see them maybe putting a winged coaster in that area, or maybe an intamin blitz. Maybe we'll see some construction signs at the beginning of the season. Im ay sound like a broken record and i know Rougarou is not a new coaster, but KI usually gets a new coaster a year after CP does.

As I said before, Vortex is here to stay. Why remove a ride that's still very reliable and has a huge throughput of riders? Hell, the last few times I've been to the park, it's had a full queue at some point during the day!

I think KI is messing with us because there is a fairly new coaster called Banshee that cost $24 mil. Money doesn't grow on a tree behind Racer. The place needs to turn a profit and won't do that spening money on new coasters every other year. They may refurb one but how often do they give such an advance warning without a lot more teasers. Coming out and saying wood or steel makes you think coaster and that is what they want you to think. So I say it is misdirection and it will be some kind of flat or refurb.

I think KI is messing with us because there is a fairly new coaster called Banshee that cost $24 mil. Money doesn't grow on a tree behind Racer. The place needs to turn a profit and won't do that spening money on new coasters every other year. They may refurb one but how often do they give such an advance warning without a lot more teasers. Coming out and saying wood or steel makes you think coaster and that is what they want you to think. So I say it is misdirection and it will be some kind of flat or refurb.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I think it will be a few years before we see a new coaster.

True, but remember it takes years of design planning and conceptual work before you can actually build the ride itself. It's possible that they are planning, but planning for 2017 or 2018!

I would think that they would have something planned at the minimum of 2018 because Cedar Fair does not install big roller coasters two or three years apart, they usually wait for 4 or more.

I would think that they would have something planned at the minimum of 2018 because Cedar Fair does not install big roller coasters two or three years apart, they usually wait for 4 or more.

Unless you're Cedar Point

[attachment=0]cp 4 years.jpg[/attachment]

Did Cedar Point install a big roller coaster in 2014? No.

Did Cedar Point install a big roller coaster in 2015? No.

Case in point.

2014/2015 are arguably even "off" years for Cedar Point. Unless three B&M floorless trains and maybe a couple million dollars of other ride enhancements is more than most would think, the last two years are not big investments by Cedar Point standards at all.