TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The location Dinosaurs Alive is in is perfect for a Maverick-style terrain coaster since it has changes in elevation. If it should ever happen they need to keep as many trees intact as possible like how they did the Beast.

Don't know how connecting to X Base would work since the only way I see it is too close to the service road alongside Racer you have to cross to get over to DA.

Honestly, I think Cedar Fair is going to leave Kings Island alone for a little bit. I don't see more than a flat ride for 2016, because I'm pretty sure the relatively new management at Cedar Fair is focusing on the smaller parks for the next couple of years. I would love to see a terra-coaster back there, though.

But then, a wonder mountain -eseque ride could also be on the menu eventually... Should they ever remove the action theater, that is.

This is out of nowhere, but I was thinking about the current layout of the park, and realized that if they ever get rid of dinosaurs alive/include it with park admission, it would be pretty easy to connect a path from its location to X-Base. They'd just have to move those buildings next to the racer. That's not speculating too big, is it?

edit: and a dinosaur theme would work fantastically with a terra-coaster. PR people: I know you read these boards. Do this. Make this a thing. ASAP and/or now. k cool that's all I have to say

Dinosaurs Alive is only staying until 2019. That's 4 years. Around the time they more than likely will receive a new coaster. I don't think we'll be seeing a Dino themed coaster.

I would love to see a Coney Mall makeover in 2016 like what Kings Dominion did to their Grove with a wild and mild Flat ride (like a top spin and a tea cups ride) and then in 2017, a significant addition to the waterpark with maybe a major restaurant refurbishment.

Then in 2018, a large new coaster. I would like to see them hold onto Vortex as long as possible. It is a bit rough, but it's a capacity monster.

^ good point. The waterpark is indeed in for some new stuff. Maybe more on the thrill side like "looping" waterslides? they havent seen anything new since the the conversion in 2004 or so. KI has some green grass that people do not use over by the newly built wave pool. Maybe they could bring back the three big slides that where once there when it was waterworks or something close to it. Only time and Cedar Fair will tell

15 minute wait on Banshee at 3:30 on a Saturday 9/27. Weird.

That is how we roll at Banshee! We put through 2 million + riders this season!

(catching up on certain threads)

The trim is removed from Banshee!

I'm surprised they're doing this so soon. Is it common? I imagined they would just turn it off, or are they going to send it to rougarou?

Last I seen the trim brake, it was beneath Diamondback's station.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really remember how it was when I rode gatekeeper but do can you put your arms up on a ride with these restraints? Because on that banshee picture it looks like only the people on the sides will a able to put one arm up.

requiring wider track with the new restraints.

Does it really require wider track, I know that the train is wider, but I don't think that the track is different.

Normal Restraints:

Vest Restraints:

It looks like the seats just hang off the sides of the track more, it doesn't look like the track is any different.

Photos are from rcdb.

I don't really remember how it was when I rode gatekeeper but do can you put your arms up on a ride with these restraints? Because on that banshee picture it looks like only the people on the sides will a able to put one arm up.

after riding Banshee 103 times this past year, it is a hard to put your hands up but on the sides it is easy to stick your arms out

^If B&M managed to move the steel bars to the side like some vekomas do (instead of having them kind of in front of you) that problem would be solved but that would probably mean even wider trains.

battlestar-galactica-ride.thumb.jpg.8fc388d64946b22c5cab01918e184c1c.jpg