TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Really wish the scooters were replacing the 3 point challenge game by Vortex, but that's okay. I'd like to see that area of the given some new life.

And for the love of god please we need some new capacity monster water slides in the water park. That place is no fun with it's 1980/1990 slides that have 35 minute waits. Oh yeah we do have a 2004 Tornado and 4 Lane mat racer that you can wait about an hour for

Just read on Facebook that the kings island inn and resort right across the street from the park has closed. It also mentioned that there is a chain link fence around the building and that an auction is in the works.

This is a bummer, as we always enjoy staying there. We just stayed there a few weeks ago and there were no signs of them closing.

The last day of operation was Sunday.

You can get a reasonably priced hotel on Priceline that does a lot better than 2 circles (which is abysmal) on Tripadvisor in the area. I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Mason twice for around $80 each time. The reviews online make it sound like it probably needs to be leveled.

Is there any reason why a new owner couldn't buy it?

I ran across this:

http://queencitydiscovery.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-end-of-suburban-cincinnatis-alpine.html?m=1

Assuming there's some truth there, a serious mold issue and shoddy original construction would probably doom it, along with general neglect faced in the years since. Seriously, some of the Tripadvisor reviews are hilarious. The one person talking about how the shuttle was a van rather than the garishly painted buses because, he was told, "the brakes finally gave out on the bus" killed me.

That's a surprise. The last bit of the original Kings Island complex biting the dust. I always considered it a landmark. If the hotel was under CF owndership I'd think there would be a different outcome as I could see a Breakers type remodel of the property. It's going to look weird driving on Kings Island Drive and seeing it gone.

If this is a surprise to anyone, I don't believe you stayed at the hotel or visited the property. The place was a dump. Nothing seemed to have been touched since day 1. Sure it's cheap! And that's exactly what you get. But it does not reflect what the park represents today. I would be thrilled to see something even close to a Breakers Express be put in place. Seriously, all the reviews on the place are accurate. It's the worst hotel I've stayed in. It was fun because my group was light hearted about how crappy it was, but thank goodness the place is shut down.

We stayed there quite a bit over the years, and never had an issue with cleanliness. Sure it was outdated, but the price and convenience of it was perfect for us. We mainly just slept there and did not spend much time other than that at the hotel.

It was a clean place to lay our head. We also liked the breakfast buffet in the morning. It was nice being able to just walk on down and eat instead of having to pack the kids up and try to find a place.

They also had a bar inside the hotel as well.

Here is another great video of Larson Flying Scooters snapping. Some riders are also turning them 180º and 360º. You DO NOT want to turn them 360º, there is some industry law that says that's a no-no. (but it would be so FUN!)

I liked the Hampton that we stayed at for Banshee bash and it was only across the interstate - about a five minute drive unless you're fighting park traffic at the end of the night (which we weren't due to ERT). A bit more expensive, but well worth it. I effing love the pillows and comfy beds at Hampton - now if they could only start having European or Asian-style hotel breakfast buffets there, they would be the ultimate!

I could see them building something better in this KI complex though. It would also be cool if they would put a campground (back) somewhere near the park as it kinda sucked having to drive like 20 miles to the closest campground after a full day at the park.