TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Oh how i wish the surviving Arrow suspended coasters did this. I'm sure the shock companies do too. Just look at that car past 90 degrees! Nothing but OTR restraints too. You can also see how the brake design was already blowing the paint off the cars a few weeks into testing. One of the best things about getting old is saying that i got to ride the Bat.

Looks fun, but it also looks MURDER on the swinging chassis of the train.

Honestly if you're going to complain about fast lane being so expensive, plan your park visits better. That way, you won't feel like it's necessary as often. And there's nothing "not fair" about it; users of these systems aren't sneaking around and jumping the line.

Honestly if you're going to complain about fast lane being so expensive, plan your park visits better. That way, you won't feel like it's necessary as often. And there's nothing "not fair" about it; users of these systems aren't sneaking around and jumping the line.

Also, it depends on how the park impliments it. I mean, Splish Splash in Calverton made a mess by making their Qbot system a complete free for all. Hershey and Cedar Fair's system works great though. It really doesn't clog up the regular line.

I never will understand the outcry of fast lane, here's the reality of it. I live in Dallas, TX. I flew and went to Cedar Point for the FIRST time ever this year! Had a blast!!! and it was thanks to fast lane! I'll be traveling to Kings Island, Cedar Point, and Kings Dominion in a week long event next year. I have to deal with Six Flags version of skip the line passes here and I don't complain about it because I can pick and choose when I know it won't be busy to show up. If you're a local and you complain about fast passes, you're just bitter in general. It's meant for people like me, who fly 1200 miles, who wish they were you to live so close to a blessed park full of the greatest rides on the planet. My money towards those things is what makes those little improvements that YOU get to enjoy year round. I have to plan flights and car rentals and food expenses, so I'll be darned if any local is going to give me the business while I pass them by in a fast lane line.

^LOL. In the post you quoted he said was a broke college kid who splurged and got Fast Lane. So obviously you don't have to be rich to get one.

But you can not afford them a lot unless you are rich because they are really expensive.

Being responsible with your money and saving for what you want to do is not ''being rich''. I'm going to school, with a typical college kids job (one that doesn't pay great) Yet I can pay what I need to pay, keep my car running, and still managed to fly up there, rent a car, and pay for fast passes. I've hardly won the lottery. Take a lesson from Rob on this site. He talks about how he's not ''rich'' like people think he is. He's VERY responsible with his money, I don't go out drinking, I don't go out to movies. My fiancee and I know what we enjoy, Roller Coasters! All it takes is some financial responsibility to look rich and have a good few days at one of these parks.

^LOL. In the post you quoted he said was a broke college kid who splurged and got Fast Lane. So obviously you don't have to be rich to get one.

But you can not afford them a lot unless you are rich because they are really expensive.

Being responsible with your money and saving for what you want to do is not ''being rich''. I'm going to school, with a typical college kids job (one that doesn't pay great) Yet I can pay what I need to pay, keep my car running, and still managed to fly up there, rent a car, and pay for fast passes. I've hardly won the lottery. Take a lesson from Rob on this site. He talks about how he's not ''rich'' like people think he is. He's VERY responsible with his money, I don't go out drinking, I don't go out to movies. My fiancee and I know what we enjoy, Roller Coasters! All it takes is some financial responsibility to look rich and have a good few days at one of these parks.

I guess, but when you are with a family it can get pricey.

We drove 6 hours to go to Kings Dominion yesterday and would never have bothered to make the trip without Fastlane since it was a Saturday during Haunt. We both work Monday to Friday with limited time off so we almost always have to go to parks on Saturdays and Fast Lane means our visits won't suck. There's nothing to complain about here.

Hello, JonnyRCT3 here.

I'm quite familiar with KIngs Island, however, I have never visited. I'm planning on making a trip to Mason Ohio this upcoming weekend to spend Saturday & Sunday at the park (Nov 1 & 2). And with that I have a few questions of course.

Basically all I want to know is what types of crowds to expect. I'm assuming Saturday is going to be massive (However, it is after Halloween so it may be different), and Sunday is going to be dead. Also, is the 2-day fall admission for Saturday and Sunday good for anything beyond admission, like haunts and stuff? I'm not really interested in the "Halloween" stuff, I'm just there for the rides anyways. Any tips and advice for first time visitors would be greatly appreciated.

^ I can assure you that Saturday will be extremely crowded, and it will only get worse as it gets closer to sundown. I wouldn't step foot in the park that day without a FastLane+. You definitely need to make sure to get night rides on Banshee and Beast. The Beast's line will get exceptionally long at night (Don't be surprised to see it 2-3 hours long!).

Being responsible with your money and saving for what you want to do is not ''being rich''.

THIS. 100% THIS.

I am by no means rich. The only reason I could afford paying out of state tuition is because of scholarships. I may work on campus as a cooking instructor, but I only teach two classes per week. And because I'm working for the university, the pay is pretty poor. Oh, and I have to pay student loans. The key is knowing how/where to spend your money, and trying to figure out what expenses you KNOW you might have. I knew that getting FL was a possibility, so I made sure that I could afford it two weeks before fall break. Yes, it's a huge luxury to have, and it is pretty expensive, there's no denying that. But considering that I was able to have a day full of pretty much nonstop riding instead of having to wait for hours on end, I wouldn't have done it any other way.

I have an idea, fast lane season passes. What do you think of my idea? Then instead of an extra $50-70 you could just buy a fast lane season pass for a cheaper price than buying one every time you come.

No chance the parks ever do that. Mostly because A LOT of their fast pass buyers are people that visit once a year (like myself) and use it to maximize their trip. They wouldn't make anywhere near the money since they currently limit the number sold per day, so they'd have to limit the number of passes sold. They sell way more Fast Lane passes over the course of a season compared to season passes to locals.

Planning on visiting KI on Sunday. I don't think I'll have much of an issue regarding crowds, however, I do wonder if half of the rides will be SBNO during my one-day visit due to cold temperatures. My big 3 are Beast, Diamondback and Banshee. I hope cold weather doesn't get in my way of riding these.

I wouldn't worry at all about the crowds on Sunday. If I were you, my main concern would be riding everything before it gets too cold. You may want to contact the park regarding their temperature policy to see what rides should be ridden first. On Banshee's media day, it was in the 40's; it and Bat ran no problem.

I noticed whenever I went to the park, Drop Tower would be up and running when the park opens, but close after 3 or 4 runs with people onboard due to high winds. If you wanna ride that at all, make it the first ride you hit when you enter. Of course, thermal wear and gloves are also recommended if it's gonna drop to anywhere around the 40's for most of the day.

I'll take everyone's tips into consideration and I will hopefully have a great time there. I just really want to get a ride in on Banshee, if temperatures permit, along with all other steel coasters. I'm not even expecting Windseeker to be open.