TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

My roomate gets back from Kings Island today and says Banshee wasn't worth a 90 minute wait. He thinks Diamondback is way better.

I go back and fourth on which one I like better. They're both great coasters. It's absolutely worth a 90 minute wait though, as is Diamondback.

Some people are into inversions, other people aren't.

Kings Island's Haunt page is now live, showing a few changes for 2014:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/scream#&panel1-1

Really? KillMart?

KillMart

A new department store has opened in the neighborhood that has everything you need with killer deals in every aisle. Shop 'til you drop...dead!

Open: 6:00pm - 1:00am Location: Coney Maul

Take it from someone who works at a store you see some intresting things

Really? KillMart?

KillMart

A new department store has opened in the neighborhood that has everything you need with killer deals in every aisle. Shop 'til you drop...dead!

Open: 6:00pm - 1:00am Location: Coney Maul

It's only fitting. K Mart is a dying chain of stores.

I'll be disappointed if it's a short layout with a bunch of random zombie looking actors yelling "Get out" and "What are you doing here". There's some opportunity for this one. But a couple of the re-themes I was not happy with last year.

The 2nd half of Wolf Pack is the dumbest thing at any Haunt. And probably the shortest maze. It seriously takes 3 minutes to walk through.

Bring back Trail of Terror!

Did anyone else notice the "Fright Lane" option they have?

It says:

"Fright Lane With Skeleton Key Life is too short. Get to the front of the line and make the most of your night at Halloween Haunt with the Fright Lane Pass, including Skeleton Key, which gets you access to additional rooms in KillMart, Slaughter House, Delta Delta Die, Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror and Urgent Scare! Don't be caught dead without it!"

So you get access to special rooms? For $50 per person. They also still offer Fast Lane for the Haunt hours also.

I can say that we went a couple years ago and thought it was the lamest thing. We spent more time going on rides than the Haunts. The Cornstalkers maze wasn't timed right and as you walked through you could see all the "gags" happen in front of you so you knew exactly what was going to happen, there was no suprise.

Being from the KI area, if I'm going to spend money on Haunts, I'm going to Land of Illusions.

So is Kings Island just not doing.... anything for 2015?

From Screamscape...

2015 - New Flat Ride(s) - Rumor - (8/11/14) Screamscape sources tell us Kings Island may be planning on adding a new Flying Scooters ride into the park for 2015. I have to wonder if this might be just one part of a multi-ride package, similar to the multi flat-ride additions we saw Cedar Fair add to both Cedar Point (Gemini Midway) and Valleyfair (Route 76) in 2014. The anchors for both of those previous additions were Zamperla Disk’O Coasters, but Kings Island already has one in the form of Surf Dog (formerly: Avatar). The question is, will it go into Camp Snoopy with Surf Dog, or will it go to the other side of the park along with the returning Shake, Rattle & Roll flat ride?

In summary, they're getting flying scooters. I have no problem with that.

Did anyone else notice the "Fright Lane" option they have?

It says:

"Fright Lane With Skeleton Key Life is too short. Get to the front of the line and make the most of your night at Halloween Haunt with the Fright Lane Pass, including Skeleton Key, which gets you access to additional rooms in KillMart, Slaughter House, Delta Delta Die, Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror and Urgent Scare! Don't be caught dead without it!"

So you get access to special rooms? For $50 per person. They also still offer Fast Lane for the Haunt hours also.

I can say that we went a couple years ago and thought it was the lamest thing. We spent more time going on rides than the Haunts. The Cornstalkers maze wasn't timed right and as you walked through you could see all the "gags" happen in front of you so you knew exactly what was going to happen, there was no suprise.

Being from the KI area, if I'm going to spend money on Haunts, I'm going to Land of Illusions.

You also can't forget The Dent Schoolhouse.

Yeah. Diamondback being so high pleases me.

Banshee also apparently got second place for Best New Ride.

I also think Beast totally deserved that spot on the wood coaster list. I don't know what the deal is, but it's been very fast, forceful, and a great ride this year. I don't think it won the vote on reputation alone.

Well, none of the KI coasters made my top 30 list, which shows on how much I enjoyed the coasters there.

(Even though the coaster collection isn't that great, in my opinion, the park is very well maintained for a CF park.)

I'm planning on visiting Kings Island sometime late September or in October. Would my best bet on getting shortest lines be on a Friday at the park, or one of the two weekend days? I'd really like to avoid getting any of the fast lanes as well.

Sounds prefect, actually! I don't really care all that much about the haunt, and I can survive without night rides (though admittedly, that would've been nice). It means I could make the day drive up there, ride the rides, and get home to get enough sleep before classes on Monday.

(Even though the coaster collection isn't that great, in my opinion, the park is very well maintained for a CF park.)

Their line-up may not be "Great", but it's pretty good.

You have Banshee, B&M's come-back coaster. It may not be Kumba or Raptor intense, but it's pretty damn good.

Diamondback is a solid B&M hyper with 2x2 seating.

Beast is a classic. It may not provide your typical thrills, but it's still fun as hell.

Bat is one of the few arrow suspended coasters left and it packs a good punch.

FOF isn't amazing, but it's a nice launched indoor looper.

I'd say KI has a pretty solid line-up. It has multiple rides in the park that I enjoy riding, as opposed to only one or two coasters.

Well, none of the KI coasters made my top 30 list, which shows on how much I enjoyed the coasters there.

Kings Island is one of Cedar Fair's flagship parks. There lineup is better than 80% of the rest of the chain.

Bat is one of the few arrow suspended coasters left and it packs a good punch.

This ride, and this type of ride as a whole are criminally underrated. All of them (with the exception of Iron Dragon which is still a good ride but it's more of a family ride) are fantastic.