TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

3 fast lane questions:

1) If I buy FastLane passes online (let's say: Quantity: 5) does each FastLane ticket come on a seperate printed sheet and barcode to distribute them to all 5 people seperately or do all 5 have to be claimed at once with one barcode at the park?

2) If I buy FastLane at the park, do you get a 10% merchandise discount with a platinum pass?

3) For diamondback beast and banshee, approximately how long is the wait from the fast lane merge point? (Assuming there is not a backup of fast lane users)

I can't seem to find these answers anywhere online and I'm sure there are some Kings Island experts here.

Thanks!

Edited by anonymouscactus

Fastlane is a wristband for each person, so the group can split up if you want. Lines are long on weekends. I'm in the camp of "if you can afford it, why not?"" So I would say yes to the Fastlane regardless of line length ...it makes for a much more enjoyable day.

3) For diamondback beast and banshee, approximately how long is the wait from the fast lane merge point? (Assuming there is not a backup of fast lane users)

The Fast Lane will take you directly to the station. Worth it? Yes. My wife and I never had to wait more than five minutes.

KI Fansite posted that Flight of Fear has been removed off of Fast Lane.

Yeah, it's not showing on KI's fast lane website grid anymore either (Fast Lane). Guess that means it's down for the rest of the year. Hopefully they can get it fixed.

Does anyone think that Flight of Fear (cough Fire cough) is getting removed? With 2 incidents in 2 weeks I think KI is done with this.

Nah. I'm guessing the problems were related and the ride has been completely fixed... if it is torn down, I'll never hear the end of it from my "semi-enthusiast" friend - FoF is his favorite ride at KI.

Does anyone think that Flight of Fear (cough Fire cough) is getting removed? With 2 incidents in 2 weeks I think KI is done with this.

Yes, absolutely. If two small and harmless incidents happen within two weeks on a coaster, that calls for immediate closure & demolition.

Edited by Koasterking48

Yes, absolutely. If two incidents happen within two weeks on a coaster, that calls for immediate closure demolition.

QFT!

Yes. That's exactly... what happened to the chiller.

JK, I'm sure FoF will be open for years to come.

An idea just hit me... When I was in line for Beast, I definitely got a good look at the construction. It looks like it will certainly be a haunted house, but I think it might be the new home for Wolf Pack. That way, demolition for as SoB's old station can happen and there is plenty of room there for future expansion!

I like this idea, but I kind of hope they move Cavern of Terror to this new spot so they can get rid of the eyesore that is the old Tomb Raider building and put a new flat there. I've spent the last few days at the park and I've come to realize that, while it's still lacking a few types of coasters, it's pretty barren in terms of good flat rides. There's Delirium and there's Drop Tower, but other than that, everything is 40+ years old, for little kids, or a Windseeker. Surely the park could afford to give HUSS a little love in the next few years.

(I've also noticed that they seem to be taking Shake, Rattle & Roll apart-- is this purely for maintenance or might the ride be a goner? If so, that's even more of a reason to get some HUSS love.)

I don't want to be rude, but let me put this into perspective:

A woman died on New Texas Giant last summer. I think that would be a much greater reason to consider long term/permanent closure than one LIM overheating, causing zero injuries/very little down time. Even with the NTG incident, I don't think tearing it down was ever seriously considered. The same is true for many other coasters that have caused serious/fatal injuries.

It may not be as popular with the enthusiast crowd, but when I ask pretty much anyone else what their favorite ride at the park is, it's almost always Flight of Fear, even over Diamondback (although Banshee has taken the throne for some). It usually has one of the longest waits in the park.

What are the best seats on each ride? The only ones I can remember reading about off the top of my head are front car for Beast, Banshee, and Diamondback. Are there any other rides for which a specific row/car gives the best ride?

What are the best seats on each ride? The only ones I can remember reading about off the top of my head are front car for Beast, Banshee, and Diamondback. Are there any other rides for which a specific row/car gives the best ride?

The Beast - any non wheel seat. Preferably the last car.

Banshee - Any seat gives great rides. It's different in almost every seat.

Diamondback - Second to last row. I think it's row 14?

Banshee-The very front or very back gave the best rides imo

Diamondback-The very front, and the gp doesn't realize the outer seats in the first car have the same amazing view as the inner seats thanks to the train design so the line for that row is much shorter but still a first row seat

The Beast-Only rode it once and it was way too rough, sat in the middle car first row.

I'll going to Kings Island for a couple of days later this month. I see there are a number of motels close to and farther away from the park. What are the odds I'll be able to find a motel room for a couple of nights within ten miles of the park without a reservation?

Any recommendations would be helpful. I'd prefer a motel with free wi-fi, and in the $60/night range.