TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Saturday update, as of 630pm all rides and I mean ALL rides are shut down. Told there is a power issue but all shops, stalls, and kiosks are operating. Even park music has been playing uninterrupted.

It must be me. I was at Cedar Point 2 weeks ago on a Saturday when they had the water main break. The park was closed for 2 days.

Saturday when I returned to Kings Island - NO POWER! This must be some punishment for me a platinum pass holder. What's next - plague and pest infestation? I was back today with no issues. I got out before the storm moved in.

Visiting the park next Friday (27th) and am in debate of whether it will be crowded enough for Fast Lane. I usually visit Kings Island in early August, so this time frame is new territory for me. Any ideas of crowd levels this day/week? Thanks in advance!

Same here. A lot of the hotels in the area were booked and they are having the spirit festival.

I'm thinking Fast Lane is a must... Should I just go ahead and order it now?

It is very likely that this could be one of the few weekends that Fast Lane sells out. The park is an absolute zoo during Spirit Song. I would highly recommend going another weekend if possible but Fast Lane is a must if you are going any of those three days.

Damn. Thanks. Do you think I will be much better off going on Thursday, instead?

KI Kidd wrote:

prozach626 wrote:

Koasterking48 wrote:

Visiting the park next Friday (27th) and am in debate of whether it will be crowded enough for Fast Lane. I usually visit Kings Island in early August, so this time frame is new territory for me. Any ideas of crowd levels this day/week? Thanks in advance!

Same here. A lot of the hotels in the area were booked and they are having the spirit festival.

I'm thinking Fast Lane is a must... Should I just go ahead and order it now?

It is very likely that this could be one of the few weekends that Fast Lane sells out. The park is an absolute zoo during Spirit Song. I would highly recommend going another weekend if possible but Fast Lane is a must if you are going any of those three days.

Damn. Thanks. Do you think I will be much better off going on Thursday, instead?

Of course Thursday will be better. Who doesn't know that parks busiest days are Friday and Saturday? It has been discussed over and over on TPR and everywhere else.

Of course Thursday will be better. Who doesn't know that parks busiest days are Friday and Saturday? It has been discussed over and over on TPR and everywhere else.

Thanks for your ever so helpful response, but we're obviously talking about a special event being held at the park and not a typical weekend. I was trying to find out if the park is going to be packed to the point on Thursday to where it won't be worth it, even with a fast lane.

Thanks for your ever so helpful response, but we're obviously talking about a special event being held at the park and not a typical weekend. I was trying to find out if the park is going to be packed to the point on Thursday to where it won't be worth it, even with a fast lane.

Because of the time of year the Banshee Bash is going to be held this is going to be one of the busiest Thursdays of the calender year. Mid-late July is a very busy time for parks, even on a Thursday. There are a couple questions that need to be answered: Is there a special event being held at the park that day/week and is the weather going to be good? Because the park a special event planned for that day (Like how my home park gets brutalized during Physics Day) but I don't believe this event is a cause for a massive influx of people we can expect it to be okay, but with good weather it could get unusually busy. Personally I'm getting the Fast Lane for it because I'm not messing around. I think we can expect medium to long lines and a Fast Lane will be worth it.

^ Thanks for the reply. I think I might take a detour to Cedar Point, instead. That way my wife and I can stick to our original plan of getting Twilight passes on Thursday and enjoying the park all day Friday with fast lane.

We are going for the first time this year on Wednesday and Thursday. I originally planned Thurs and Fri but when I heard about the music festival I figured it would be a pain. I'm taking my chances as we cannot afford the fast lane passes, but we have platinum passes so we will hopefully get a few rides in on banshee before the park opens and just tough it out Thurs. We plan on going back a few times this summer so even if the crowds are bad we should be ok. I cannot believe my fiance has never been to an amusement park or on a roller coaster, I'm looking so forward to sharing this with him. Anyone that will be at the park Wed or Thurs hit me up, we are always looking for new friends to talk to.

So just to clarify, I should expect heavy crowds on Thursday (June 25th). If so, should I wait and see if a Fast Lane is necessary or should I purchase them online in advance? Thanks so much! I've never been to the park and am really excited!

^ From hearing what previous posters just told me about Thursday, I'd either skip it and wait till it ends, or Fast Lane it. I've purchased fast lane before, but I only do it when I arrive at the park just in case it turns out to be less busier than expected. I've never attended Spirit Song so I can't say what to really expect on Thursday.

So just to clarify, I should expect heavy crowds on Thursday (June 25th). If so, should I wait and see if a Fast Lane is necessary or should I purchase them online in advance? Thanks so much! I've never been to the park and am really excited!

We've kind of run out of options and we're going to have to go on Thursday. My wife and I are buying fast lane passes before we hit the park, just in case. If you have the cash to do so, I recommend it.

Who knows what it's for, but KI loves to mess with us enthusiats! I've always thought it would be cool to have a walkthrough haunt in the woods of The Beast. It's so dark out there at night and could be very cool.

^^ I already posted those pictures a couple of pages back. They are most likely for a new permanent haunt building.

Sorry about reposting something that you originally posted. I didn't see. Maybe, but it's kinda small area for a haunt building.

It's way larger than where Zombie High was built at CGA:

image_1581.thumb.jpg.7ec8d7bedc74a87e73554d00cad8c99f.jpg

(Image by Angry Gumball)

I just got home from a trip to the park, yesterday. Out of the past 29 years, this was by far my best birthday. The park was vibrant. Employees were excited to be there and Banshee was cycling trains like crazy. My wife and I were worried about heavy crowds with the Spirit Song Festival, to the point where we almost cancelled the trip. Crowds were a little on the heavy side, but we pre-ordered two Fast Lane premium passes, so we didn't wait longer than a few minutes for every ride.

I loved Banshee. I ended up riding a total of eight times, which was plenty for me. Out of the seven Batman Clones, Montu, Patriot, Raptor, Silver Bullet, and Afterburn, I think I liked Banshee the best. However, it's been around fifteen years since I've ridden Montu. I will also say that it was the most rough B&M invert I've ever ridden, BUT that's a good compromise for its intensity, as long as it doesn't get any worse. That being said, Diamondback had quite a bit of rattle as well, and was probably the roughest B&M Hyper I've ridden out of Goliath, Intimidator, and Raging Bull. (I think I'm forgetting one??)

Overall, it was a great day, which kept getting better as we started to indulge in Yuengling's throughout the evening. I snagged my 150th credit on Banshee. I liked getting another Milestone credit at KI, since Diamondback was my 100th, two years ago. I will say although this is only my second time at the park, it may be my favorite park. My wife and I really enjoy the park... and we love the abundance of places that sell beer. Did I mention the park has Yuenling?!?!

My only picture of the day:

Glad KI is your favorite park! They have so much land that it will one day be one of the biggest parks in the world. After over 100 rides on Banshee i switched to the inside seats and it's smooth as butter. For some reason the outside rear seats (especially the teal train) will jar you pretty proper. But then again, i'm getting old and can't take coaster punishment like i used to. It's my favorite invert, period.