TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I was at Kings Island over the weekend. Saturday night lines were hefty already when I queued for Diamondback. I could tell the ride ops were really trying to get people moving with the new seatbelts, but we still ended up wating 1hr45mins.

I'm hoping this can be attributed to growing pains and that they can get efficiency improved over the long haul.

It's a joke account, some of his videos are actually pretty funny. I got a kick out of this:

I thought it was a pretty obvious (and funny) joke, but it looks like a lot of.. quick thinkers... are taking the video serious. lol

I'm going to be at Kings Island next Sunday and have never been before. I would love some help on how to navigate the park, and how to hit all of the rides. We want to do pretty much everything. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

I'm going to be at Kings Island next Sunday and have never been before. I would love some help on how to navigate the park, and how to hit all of the rides. We want to do pretty much everything. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

The most important tip is to make sure you get in line for the Beast around 9:15 - 9:30 at night. You're goal needs to be to get in line so that it's going to be completely dark when you ride, but there are enough people behind you in line that you get to ride in the front. They close the ride for awhile during the fireworks but that's awesome because it gives it the opportunity to get completely dark. This time of year it's not an easy thing to accomplish but it's worth planning around it because it's the best night ride in the world.

The only other tips I have are to get there for early entry to Action zone. The Banshee line moves fast and when you're done with that you'll probably have time to ride the Bat too before they let everyone in. As soon as they open the park for everyone get to Firehawk and Flight of Fear because they get huge lines... especially Firehawk.

45 min posted time for Banshee was only 25! Diamondback operations. ..abysmal. Line at the steps should be 5 minutes. It was about 15 because every train was stacked. Dispatches every 5 minutes.

This is extremely disappointing. I hope these stupid seat belts are a one-season deal.

Pick your poison with Flight of Fear/Firehawk/Invertigo/Stunt Coaster. All of them have awful capacity and or the line just moves slow. I would start with Firehawk and Flight of Fear then go to Stunt Coaster. Sunday shouldn't be bad. But getting those rides first will help you enjoy the better rides later.

I was at KI on Saturday and Diamondback didn't seem to have any real delays due to seatbelts. We were able to buckle the belts and then pull the bars down ourselves, and the ops checked both in one go each time.

If you know that it was posted 2 years ago why are you bringing it up now and saying that you hope it's just a rumor? Clearly it was just a rumor...

At some point they'll remove the ride, but that tip he got seems like it was a bad tip.

I'm planning a return trip to KI on (Friday) 06/27 since my wife and I enjoyed the park very much on our first visit in 2012. I'm a little concerned, because two of the Hyatts closer to the park are booked solid, so we had to go with one seven miles away. From what I have gained via google, KI is having a "Spirit Song Festival." Is this something that might draw a massive crowd or is there something else going on in the area outside of the park that weekend? I'd really like to go fast lane free, since we're probably getting twilight passes on Thursday night. Literally every time we buy a fast lane pass or flash pass to avoid heavy crowds the park empties out within a few hours...

I'm planning a return trip to KI on (Friday) 06/27 since my wife and I enjoyed the park very much on our first visit in 2012. I'm a little concerned, because two of the Hyatts closer to the park are booked solid, so we had to go with one seven miles away. From what I have gained via google, KI is having a "Spirit Song Festival." Is this something that might draw a massive crowd or is there something else going on in the area outside of the park that weekend? I'd really like to go fast lane free, since we're probably getting twilight passes on Thursday night. Literally every time we buy a fast lane pass or flash pass to avoid heavy crowds the park empties out within a few hours...

Inside the park (Behind Drop Zone), and expect a massive crowd.

I think Vortex will be dismantled in the next few years. It's old, tired, rugh and does not attract many riders these days. I hardly ever ride it.

I disagree with that. When they released the statistics for how many riders there where last year, Vortex was the third most popular ride with more than 1 million riders. Unless something bad happens to Vortex, I do not think Vortex will be dismantled

Inside the park (Behind Drop Zone), and expect a massive crowd.

Damn... thanks. That's not what I wanted to hear.

In my opinion, Viper is a FAR better coaster than Vortex.

I agree. Viper wasn't bad at all. Vortex is just brutal.

I've only been on Vortex once, and it was in the front seat, and I loved it. So maybe it isn't just the fourth car.

Opinions vary, but I found it to be quite enjoyable.

Heading to the park on Friday, shooting for early entry even though I see we may have rain in the morning Hows the rain policy work for Banshee? I know since it's an invert it'll probably be down in the rain but just wondering as I've lucked out every time I've gone to KI with no rain. haha