TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Has Banshee warmed up at all since Media Day?

She's warmed up a lot. It's the most evident on the zero-g roll, where there used to be a bit of hang time all the way into the middle of the train and now even the front seat whips you around.

I still don't understand what exactly about Banshee could be as exciting as Montu... I really would like it to be, but realistically it doesn't seem like its actually possible.

Banshee's drop out of the zero-g roll feels like a second 1st drop and from that point on the ride is intense and unmatched for me among inverts. The positive Gs on both batwing pullouts, the second vertical loop, the rising turn prior to the inline twist and the final helix are all on par or better with the best moments of Montu.

Montu sustains intensity a bit better for the entire ride but Banshee's first drop and second half are enough to give it a slight edge for me.

*Disclaimer: I haven't rode Montu in several years.

For me I still pick Montu. Granted, I only was able to ride Banshee once when I went, but I feel Montu just provides a more exciting ride. That being said, I pick Banshee over Raptor or Alpengiest. It really is much more forceful that I expected it to be. I came off with that tingly feeling in your legs when too much blood is pulled there. It was really great. It doesn't matter that the inversions were more floaty, because it was backed by some serious force. Plus the floaty movements in the transitions seemed cool in a different way.

Has Banshee warmed up at all since Media Day?

She's warmed up a lot. It's the most evident on the zero-g roll, where there used to be a bit of hang time all the way into the middle of the train and now even the front seat whips you around.

Seconded. The transition from the last vertical loop into the heartline roll move quite a bit faster as well imo.

I came off with that tingly feeling in your legs when too much blood is pulled there.

Awesome. That's high praise in my book. From what I've seen, Banshee looks like pure intensity.

I noticed Banshee does not chatter nearly as bad in the rear as it was on media day. It still does a bit but it's smoothed out quite a bit. It certainly seems faster and a bit more intense a few weeks into it's lifespan. It was also only 33 degrees that media day morning. Sooooo cold. I'll remember that first ride forever haha.

I agree that drop after the zero g roll is really starting to feel forceful and faster since opening weekend, and I've gone the last three weekends. The ride is getting better and better as it warms up! Can't wait to see how it is in July on the Mini New Hotness Tour.

Having ridden Raptor, Montu, Alpengeist, and Banshee. I would put banshee at the top easily. It has this certain intensity, yet insane speed in the massive elements. I think the new restraints are a big thing for me as well, the ride is just that much better with them, and there is zero head banging.

^Here is my extreme reprofiling idea. It is probably a pipe dream-

Station to top of first lift - Same

First drop - Steeper and more curved for airtime.

Turn and second drop - The turn would be buried lower into the ground, and would pop into a bunny hop before diving into the valley (think reprofiled I305)

Rise and second turn (towards where the "brake shed" is now) - The ride would rise out of the valley. The turn radius is wide now, but in my dream version, you would have a little dip, then a tight, banked turn (think the turn after Goliath's cutback-zero-g stall thing, but only a 90 degree turn.)

Brake Shed - Rather than the brake shed, the ride would dip down and do another airtime hill before rising back to where the shed ends now.

After present-day brake shed - The ride would continue fairly similar to how it is now, but more banked around the turns. A few double-downs and double-ups could be inserted for maximum intensity.

Before second lift - The ride would continue similar to how it is now, but the ride would pull up after it's turn to line up with the lift hill and curve over into more airtime. Pre-lift trims would go after this hill as necessary. The lift would start somewhat higher than it does today.

Second lift - Same as today

Drop off second lift - Is there really any way to improve this besides reducing the trims for a slightly faster ride?

Helix - Banking added, not much else is needed

Ending run - This is drawn out and boring, so how about the ride ends with a few good bunny hops?

Anybody think that this could be an awesome new experience?

nice to see some competition in the "RMC designer wannabe" department.

^There is no head banging, obviously, and it's very nice that they don't ratchet down and lock tighter (like Gatekeeper, after the adjustment). But they still try to hold you back. It's a trade-off for me. Better than a Vekoma vest, but I wanna see lap bars only.

but I wanna see lap bars only.

Now that would be something. However I think they would probably have to make the cars even wider as the bars holding the lap bar itself would have to come from the side (like Mack's, for instance) which takes up a bit more space to the sides than these. Isn't the family coaster they're building supposed to have them? If so, we'll just wait and see.

^Not because of that but because that bars that hold the actual restraint would have to be moved to the side (requiring more space between the seats). The bars on B&M's restraints are too "in front of you" for a lap bar only. Just look at heir position in relation to the riders' arms and shoulders and compare it to lap bars (which are held from above)

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.1976ab2c1a9eaa3274a69f1df31fec24.jpg

You would have to move them to the side a bit in order to get something more like this:

13.jpg.04ac6a421d137d8b64b0c85ea3894ce6.jpg

or this:

11071165-standard.jpg.643bacb5c3e280862c00d28d7e48960a.jpg

and that does make it wider. (at least that's what it looks like)

^Oh, ok. Sorry. I thought that he was asking why having lap bars would make the train wider. Yeah, I guess you could just get rid of the vests (it would be better than having them) but I assumed that a more "normal" lap bar design would require that change.

I still don't understand what exactly about Banshee could be as exciting as Montu... I really would like it to be, but realistically it doesn't seem like its actually possible.

Banshee is a giant, intense ride with a great layout. I could easily see a lot of people preferring Banshee. For me, it was a bit too heavy on the positive g-forces and rattling. I'll go back and give it another shot, but probably not this season.

^You can also look at it as 6 giant inversions in a dirt field. (Plus a helix, curve and an admittedly good drop.)

Bigger and faster isn't always better. They wanted something that will get people in the park and make them money. They got it. Everyone doesn't have to be ga-ga over it.

Can't wait to ride Batman at my home park