TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

How do you not sit on the buckle?

There is a piece of buckle on each side.

They don't just magically remove themselves when you sit down, and I can't move them out of my way.

Idk, I'm sounding dumb. It might be easier to buckle since it is an open air seat, but I always have problems with wooden coaster buckles. You have to hold up both buckles before you can sit down, without sitting on one.

Wow! First world problems. How difficult your life must be compared to all the starving impoverished people of this earth.

They don't just magically remove themselves when you sit down, and I can't move them out of my way.

Idk, I'm sounding dumb. It might be easier to buckle since it is an open air seat, but I always have problems with wooden coaster buckles. You have to hold up both buckles before you can sit down, without sitting on one.

Wow! First world problems. How difficult your life must be compared to all the starving impoverished people of this earth.

I know, very much so.

Quoting this a third time.

Humans have two hands, you know.

Yes, the topic of my hatred of non retractable seat belts is over. Let's get on the topic of Kings Island, and not me and Diamondbacks seat belts.

Yes, the topic of my hatred of non retractable seat belts is over. Let's get on the topic of Kings Island, and not me and Diamondbacks seat belts.

-amen! Who wants to start the speculation for 2015? Just Kidding!

This is just too good to let it die. Out of curiosity, why are you convinced you won't be able to move the belt out of the way? I really want to know.

PS: Relax, It's all in good fun.

I'm sorry but

There's this new cool thing called using your hands, lol.

I was told by the Dippin' Dots guy, "next year they were going to require all riders on all coasters to wear helmets and neck braces. They are expecting this small modification to only increase dispatch times to one train every 10 minutes. So unless the kid who doesn't know how to use a buckle rides. Capacity shouldn't be an issue."

This belongs in one of those informercial "you're doing it wrong" segments, where they show people incapable of doing every day tasks.

I want to see a re-enactment along these lines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08xQLGWTSag

^It's all been mentioned a million times, and people keep bringing up that they're afraid this will happen to the rest of the hypers, but there's no way it's some coincidence that only the new trains have gotten them and there have been none of the old ones - of which there are a lot more - with them added.

This belongs in one of those informercial "you're doing it wrong" segments, where they show people incapable of doing every day tasks.

I want to see a re-enactment along these lines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08xQLGWTSag

Yes!! Can we please get this together? Talk to kings island about using it on their "fun tv" segments! Lol

In case this hasn't been mentioned, Intimidator (Carowinds) and Behemoth have added seatbelts, http://screamscape.com

Not a surprise, but not a good sign for other B&M hypers , if Six Flags were to catch on. I can only imagine the dispatch intervals with checking 36 seatbelts. Also surprised Leviathan didn't get seatbelts (yet).

My mistake, I haven't been following this as closely as I could. Do you know why only the new style trains have seatbelts? The restraint system shouldn't be any different, to my knowledge.

Edited by Password121

People sitting on the belts does not surprise me in the least. I used to work on mean streak, and we had a few people that actually sat on top of the lap bar and then tried to buckle the belt. It makes me wonder how some people get by in life.

People sitting on the belts does not surprise me in the least. I used to work on mean streak, and we had a few people that actually sat on top of the lap bar and then tried to buckle the belt. It makes me wonder how some people get by in life.

How does somebody do that?

I've never heard something like that before. I've seen many people disregard the seatbelts, but I've never heard of anyone try to sit on top of the lap bar. That actually sounds painful

My mistake, I haven't been following this as closely as I could. Do you know why only the new style trains have seatbelts? The restraint system shouldn't be any different, to my knowledge.

Couldn't tell you! I wouldn't be surprised if they did something a little different with these ones - just because they look the same doesn't mean the insides weren't reworked a bit (just like the wheel design, which has resulted in some rougher rides than in the old trains). If the belts start popping up on the old trains too then that's settled, but until then I just don't believe the only three to get them within days of each other would just happen to be the new style (especially when one of the parks has one of each type).

Wait, how do I sit down again? I forgot how to sit properly.

Do you think CF would respond to a letter politely asking about this issue? Not removing the belts, but at least explaining them?

This is pure speculation but I would assume that adding the belts lowers their insurance costs, but if they said that then people would freak out about it and make stupid posts insinuating that they're putting the bottom line before their guests. If they were to respond, they would give you a PR line about how it's to ensure the safety of their guests and then they'd go on to talk about how safety is their #1 priority. Personally if that's why they did it I don't really blame them.

My personal opinion on it is that I don't really care because it won't impact the ride experience at all. It's a little annoying because it will slow down dispatch times a little but if they're saving enough money then I can't fault them too much for it... I can fault the insurance companies for having such knee-jerk reactions to everything but I don't really think this is a big deal.

Edited by coasterbill