TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I'm amazed at hearing there's seat belts on D-back. I don't mind having to wear them (since people say they don't botch the airtime), but I am worried about the fact they'll slow down operations and sorta drop the possible capacity-per-hour.

Hasn't this already been said?

Wow. I hope they really are retractable. I hate buckles that have a piece of belt on each side. It makes it much harder to sit down without sitting on a buckle.

How about you actually look before you sit down?

Wow. I hope they really are retractable. I hate buckles that have a piece of belt on each side. It makes it much harder to sit down without sitting on a buckle.

Too easy....this is America remember A.J. LOL

^Not accurate.

Thank you. Seatbelts will not effect how the ride performs, at all.

Diamondback will still provide the same amount of zero/negative Gs, it is still 5282' long, and 80 mph fast. The only thing that is going to effect "air time" is: the weight of the vehicle, how parabolic the hill is, acceleration of the train, and the position of the rider.

Apparently, all that has changed.

^Yes, but the amount of room your body has to travel before it hits something (seatbelt vs. clamshell) has been reduced, as the retractable seatbelts will fit to your lap. That being said, it's really not going to make THAT big of a difference in overall experience.

Yes, I believe that sitting on the buckle would defeat the purpose.

I still don't see why they needed to do this. These rides are perfectly safe. I don't think any B&M has ever ejected anybody. The fact that they have to put in belts to appease the GP is completely and utterly moronic.

^ I agree with that. I bet they avoided it just so they don't have 5000 people asking the same thing. I feel for the ride ops. Being trained without then and then having them. Not for the fact they have more to do but the guest that are complaining about this change.

How do you not sit on the buckle?

There is a piece of buckle on each side.

They don't just magically remove themselves when you sit down, and I can't move them out of my way.

Idk, I'm sounding dumb. It might be easier to buckle since it is an open air seat, but I always have problems with wooden coaster buckles. You have to hold up both buckles before you can sit down, without sitting on one.

How do you not sit on the buckle?

There is a piece of buckle on each side.

They don't just magically remove themselves when you sit down, and I can't move them out of my way.

Idk, I'm sounding dumb. It might be easier to buckle since it is an open air seat, but I always have problems with wooden coaster buckles. You have to hold up both buckles before you can sit down, without sitting on one.

I'm quoting this post so I can have it forever and ever.